Sign in to follow this  
Red_153D

ArmA 2 Buglist - Content related bugs only

Thanks for the reports! Here's what I've checked and confirmed so far:

WEAPONS

Bizon:

• the muzzle flash and the smoke coming from the barrel are just way too big / apparent [IMAGE]

AK107:

• there's this small part that comes out of the gun when shooting or when the magazine is empty [IMAGE]

MAP

Chernarus:

134110:

• there's a tree on the road [IMAGE]

Nothing too impressive I know, but I (and hopefully you too) will keep on hunting for more...

I have had several CTD, where the following has always been the cause. I have been on a multi player server and have been a medic, when a chopper comes in to pick a group of us from a LZ. I as a medic get a on screen message that someone on board the chopper requires first aid. When i scroll and choose to administer first aid, the game CTD.

Hi, im playing with 1.03 Build 58834

1) Explosion fortifications

After one of patches some of fortifications can be destroyed. I dont think that it is good. But now they destroyed by machinegun (84 rounds) and explosion!!! I think that it is bug.

List of such fortifications:

Land_fort_rampart

Land_fort_artillery_nest

Land_fort_bagfence_long

Land_fort_bagfence_round

Land_fort_bagfence_corner

ukrepl1.th.jpg ukrepl2.th.jpg

2) Utes Bug

Just see on image:

utes.th.jpg

Edited by [HA]badger

Well, apparently Imageshack screwed up again and some of the images in the first post are currently unavailable. They'll probably be up again soon, so reuploading is unnecessary here. However, if you'd like to see any of the affected images, just PM me and I'll send them to you.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

I have one question.If the next patch will fix teh points ??? everytime i connect and die for the first time,the game show me 2 deaths.I play today some DM...and kill 6 pople,then i kill another one and it write me im shooting to my own team.Suddenly i have 0 kills and 10 deaths?? :D

This happend to all of my friends from last patch-not beta !!!

thx for reply

I've been playing for a few days and have noticed the following.

My friends and I would load up the MP "Civil War" or "Superpowers" and coop.

1) Whilst in command: If a squad leader is killed, his squad icon is removed from the commander's HUD and never comes back, eventually leaving you with a less-than-actual display. I've had 5 units (3 human, 2 npc) and within a couple hours we were down to only 1.

2) During a game crash (not host), when you try to come back in and join the game as your previous unit (and after further testing - any unit on your own side) you won't be able to a) see any faction icons on the map b) use any building options (build/buy). We tried to reload the map and it'll drop you as soon as the host gets in game, however you can then get back into the game but the above #2 still occurs - no map/functions - even after a fresh load of a previously saved map. Funny enough, if you try playing as the opposite team (the USA in this case) you can see the map, faction icons and buy items/etc just fine.

3) The computer AI is able to assign the "CAPTURE" task, however human commanders cannot? Also I've noticed that it's impossible to delete a TASK once given.

4) Sometimes the terrorists in the town are bugged and stay there, untouchable. Meanwhile your NPCs spend countless ammo on the bugged target.

- Again, this has all been experienced in the multiplayer version being run by a friend's computer, the same one he's playing on, not a dedicated server. The two maps in question are Civil War and Superpowers - we were running no active mods.

*** UPDATE ***

A couple days and a few games later: We've tried getting around the problem loading saved games. No luck. You simply cannot save a game in multiplayer and then reload that game with any success. This is definitely a bad bug, and one that is really hurting our enjoyment of this game (and subsequently our "word of mouth" to our friends). If one of us crashes we have to start a whole new game, because that person won't be able to go back into the game with any functionality at all.

Edited by Jaenus

Bug im sure has been reported:

when u are a tank commander and you tell your crew to disembark, when they get out they end up like 6 feet above the tank, and next thing you know i have 3 crew with busted legs.

just appeared: spawned some Russians in editor and when tested: the first one to spawn speaks Russian, but everyone else speaks English. Wth? found out to be a mod related issue after all.

Edited by Jedo

Why is the issure about the blurred mirror of btr rejected?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2919

"Arma2 engine is not able to draw mirrors picture, only way is to cut holes in model, which is not possible in all vehicle interiors. You have optics view to look outside, the rest is just a decoration."

But even in OFP it was possible to make such hole to every model. Why not in super modern ArmA 2? :(

mirror_possible_m2a2thumb.jpg

@kju, but why should they delete this feature? As far as I know the V3 Engine is based on the previous engines.

Edited by telejunky

OFP engine is not a2 engine.

1) When, at last, the error with the railway will be corrected???? (When the APC controlled by AI tries to move through

the railway, it stopped, starts to jump up and cannot continue movement)

2) When the group consists of infantry and tank(tanks) tanks sometimes do not follow on routes, and when commander gives them order: back to formation, they dont answering.

3)APC can UPLOAD infantry in the middle of the sea if it feels danger!!!

Sorry about my bad english languadge, because i live in EMPIRE OF EVIL/

This bugs are actual for patch 1.03.5

Edited by Klement Gottwald

this is something that needs to be fixed.. this only happens in multiplayer.

in a multiplayer game after 20 min of playing some of the textures turn gray and some disappears then it crashes to desktop

Edited by gho$t

the things ive found about BTR-90 is that when turret ammo is empty while rearming you get only one kind of ammo. Eg i used all AP bullets while rearming with supply truck i get only the ammo im am left it is HE. AP doesnt reload and i dont even have the option to switch to AP rounds. Another thing is that, the BTR-90 should be able to turn around without moving forward or backward, like the tanks do google youtube if you dont believe me

I have had this bug from day 1. I can not climb down ladders up works fine but when I try to go down Ill get on the ladder then bounce off. I have tried everything except reinstallind I have the steam version.:confused:

The glass of the LKW is bugged.

If you make the windshield of the LKW crack or even remove it from outside the windshield is always uncracked and won't be removed from inside.

*Editors data reciever is f'ed up, I place an HMWV down and three Blufor's and preview and there's only one Blufor soldier?????? What the hell? :confused:

Unable to choose M4, loads out with an M16 :confused:

*Really nasty sound bug, where the sound will cut completely off and be static and screachy. :mad: Happens whenever I shoot automatic guns or Bursts.

*All ground vehicles center of mass is flawed, I can flip a tank over by hitting a tree sometimes and when I drive over a little pile of rocks my vehicle will be launched 100 feet in the air and blow up, extremely annoying physics bug, probably due to the entire physics section of the engine. :mad:

*(Not big issue) Menu music loops over and over again and cuts out completely when changing config or switching profiles.

*M9 Pistol animation not synched with sound effects, and looks really bizzare in first person.

*When at a Frame rate drop when you switch onto NVG's the screen stays pitch black for usually more than 5 seconds. :mad:

*MP5's hit detection is hit and miss, I can put 30 semi auto rounds into a target 40 yards away and wont scratch him. Mp5 model also looks really bad and has alot of low res textures compared to other weapons.

*Lighting bug when zooming in on houses and trees, appears black and then goes back to normal when not zoomed.

*Can look inside your own body sometimes in freelook and inside some heavy weapon systems, like the RPG-7, SMAW and Javelin. Soldier sticks through the Javelins barrel when in third person viewing through the end of the barrel.

AH-1Z:

if are alone insite as pilot set auto fire cansel the a humen plyers join in as gunne the gun dont aim at aim poindt u have to get out first and pilot set to auto fire and guner get un buug resolvedt

Map Object Misplacement and issues progress:

035091: WIP

053103: FIXED

046057: WIP

061045: WIP

101099: WIP

120062: WIP

126107: WIP

134110: WIP

041086: WIP

please if you got more (and there for sure are) : post or PM or IRC me coords

USMC Commander and a few other skins in the USMC Force Recon skinset do not have the correct pants on in 1st person view. If you use directional look and checkout their pants.. they do not match the 3rd person model. Fix that please.

Also.. in the BTR-90 the seating for the 5th and 6th man is off center. The 13th man inside of the USMC large APC is off center. The USMC Recon APC is also glitched with its seating positions.

3!

I know you've heard it before!

Fix the AI offload routine also! Half the time the chopper just flies off without unloading its troops.

Fix the frigging AI flightpaths. Nothing kills suspension of disbelief like watching a helicopter crash every other attack run. Also fix the flight takeoff and landing routines for AI!

BADLANDS MISSION (CDF Side):

After conquering the first town, a cutscene appears and civilians, father fyodor and cdf soldiers speak.

I simply noticed that you can use the building/construction menu during the cutscene, and create some mess around (eg: building a wall over fyodor or over razor team).

If you build over Cooper: mission ends. :) :eek:

I think you must block all the commands menu. Otherwise it could be a ridicoulous situation.

The ai helicopter flying skills should be fixed when they are engaging enemy infantry. They always eventually ends up hitting a tree when doing a strafing run. This is because they dive and drop altitude drastically trying to aim the enemy infantry with rockets and maybe to have a closer contact with the targets and forget to pull up early enough, thus hitting a tree. I like how they do effective and intimidating strafing runs against infantry, but constatly ending up in an embarrassing accident with a static tree is a bit depressing!

This occurs mainly when engaging infantry, not so often when engaging vehicles/tanks I think. I've made missions and scripts involving ai helicopters engaging infantry and this flaw spoils them pretty much. First time I found this amusing but now this is frustrating. Making the ai to keep a bit higher altitude during the attacks would fix this easily.