Sign in to follow this  
Congo_Toey

Widescreen / Multi-monitor set up

"Eyefinity"

I haven't checked that out in detail yet - but I believe so... tho I think you need special monitors... not sure...

Eyefinity cards currently have three outputs. Two DVI and one DP (displayport - which is a fairly new connection type). To use all three outputs you need at least one of the newer displayport monitors or an *active* DP-to-DVI converter (which seem to run around $70-100 for the converter).

@Bushlurker, how do we set this whole thing up with no performance hit? (performance is still the top of my list of concerns. :) )

@Bushlurker, how do we set this whole thing up with no performance hit? (performance is still the top of my list of concerns. :) )

No performance hit running 3 monitors ? Hehe thats not possible, and one 4870 will be probably too "weak" to provide playable FPS running a triple setup.

Edited by thales100

Unfortunatly the performance hit on my 9800 was just to much to bear, and i have reverted for now, that and the mrs wanted the HTPC back up and running so the 9400 had to go back in, and my son wanted his monitor back:) but i am sold on the setup and will be upgrading as soon as funds alow, and with the nvidia driver/fermi release in the next few months interesting time ahead.

and with the nvidia driver/fermi release in the next few months interesting time ahead.

Yes, Nvidia`s new GPUs will feature multi monitor support without any extra adapter. :cool:

it will also work on 260's SLI'd and above ive read so waiting for a pair of those cheap

Edited by Dcope

it will also work on 260's and above ive read so waiting for a pair of those cheap

Yes thats true, all youll need (as it seems) is a pair of GTX 260 and above GPUs.

Hi all

Does anyone use the analogue version of the TH2Go ? I picked one up cheap this week, and with a couple of free CRT monitors I have a slightly wierd setup for a TH2Go with a central 22 inch LCD and two 19 inch sidescreens, though all at 1280x1024 (I can live with the slightly smaller sidescreens). However, I could not get the 3840x1024 resolution to work, and the game (and desktop) would only allow 2400x600 max, which was not pretty when coming from the usual 1680x1050 LCD res.

Do I need to edit the Arma2 config to get the 3840 res ?

Hi all

Does anyone use the analogue version of the TH2Go ? I picked one up cheap this week, and with a couple of free CRT monitors I have a slightly wierd setup for a TH2Go with a central 22 inch LCD and two 19 inch sidescreens, though all at 1280x1024 (I can live with the slightly smaller sidescreens). However, I could not get the 3840x1024 resolution to work, and the game (and desktop) would only allow 2400x600 max, which was not pretty when coming from the usual 1680x1050 LCD res.

Do I need to edit the Arma2 config to get the 3840 res ?

in the specs it says 2x 1680x1050 or 3x 1280x1024 at 60 hz. If you hooked up all your monitors to the triplehead thing and are at 60 hz I'd say you should be able to run 3840x1024.

if you cant get it to work you could look into the software triplehead http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/ you only need a dirt-cheap second videocard to hook up the third monitor. (doesn't matter if it's a slow 30 euros card, the main card does all the rendering).

Hi Leon86

Thanks for your reply. I was planning a move to Kegetys SoftTH and have bought a dual PCIe motherboard because the Gigabyte 965 I have only has one PCIe slot so can't handle a second card (which I also already have). I saw the cheap matrox and bought it as a way of getting three screens without a system rebuild. I need to do more testing - as you say the 1280x1024 should be possible.

cjph

Problem solved ! For info, fhere are two outputs on the GPU card, and switching them fixed the problem (I thought I had tried the other way round but with the drivers reinstalled and Matrox software removed it was hard to keep tabs on the latest config tried). Now have 3840x1024 in triplehead glory. Sweet ! Though may take time to get used to the wider views.

cjph

I have bought a new system with a ATI 5870 and 3, 24" screens.

One 16:10 (1920x1200) as primary, and 2 16:9 (1920x1080) on the sides.

How do I go get all screens to work ingame? I tried setting the resoultion in the config, but I'll only get one screen in game. Is there some other settings I need to change?

You have to set up your eyefinity properly... look on youtube, there is a introduction video how to set up the monitors as one big widescreen.

After that, you can switch to tripplescreen ratio and get the wide resolutions. Have Fun :), i have :yay:

I got it to work now swissMAG. Wow! This is great.

The FPS is better with 3 screens now, than with one screen at my old rig :)

I'll take some photos when I get back from work tonight RogueBlade.

Couple of Pictures from my setup.

Thinking about changing my 16:10 screen in the middle. Can't get the aspect ratio to function properly with the two 16:9 screens.

As you can see on the picture, the aspect ratio fits at the bottom but get stretched towards the top. :confused:

It is working great in normal 3 screen extended mode.

But when I put all 3 screens in group mode, 5760x1080 resolution, then I can't get it to scale right. :confused:

If anyone know how to fix this, please share in this thread :)

TrippelScreendark1024.jpg[/img]

TrippelScreenbright1024.jpg

I'm playing with Eyefinity. I've found that the ingame UI is cut off by the first character along the left edge of the middle monitor when it's setup to triplehead=1. Is there any way to shift the UI over?

You have the ratio on 12:3 Tripplescreen? That does the trick for me...

It happens when I turn bezal correction on with Eyefinity. The desktop rez is reported as 5916x1080 vs 5760x1080. If I set the ingame rez to 5760x1080 then the UI is fine, but I don't have smooth transition to the side monitors.

Eyefinity requires at least one monitor that supports "display port". Now what does that exactly mean, how do i recognize this in the monitor specifications?

Edit:

I found a good video how to set up eyefinity on the cheap without a DP monitor, so ima post it here in case some1 will have the same question

Edited by Flattermann
post update

am running across x2 monitors very nice

Is the Bezel not in the middle for you then?

Someone said once you go to surround vision you never go back to a single monitor, They are so right! I'm a matrox THTG user, have been since arma one. Absolutely love it!

i know this is an old thread, but I just set up 3 monitor and trying to play arma 2 and arma 3 on them.

With 5760x1080 everything looks very much stretched horizontally.

Is it possible to make my horizontal vision larger without distorting the proportions?

Basically a 3x wider 1920x1080 screen vision....

cheers