Sign in to follow this  
stevers

Please make the patcher prettier.

Case in point:

b6t36x.jpg

This horrid patcher is a holdover from Arma 1. Break free from the chains of the past! Leave "very large data" behind! Show me a logo, put the freaking dancing banana there instead of the cliché Explorer copy animation. (Fig. 1: :yay:)

Or better yet, just throw a logo up there and reword the message. This is a new age; the patcher needs to move on.

lolzzz if u patch are you constandly staring at the screen.

do something else like grab some drinks or eat or go running for the time being

Uhm... WTF? Do you really want them to waste time and resources on something totally unimportant like this?

Yes. I understand the resources required would delay many other projects, maybe even stall them, but I feel this is the highest priority update possible for Arma 2. The English localization can wait.

Edited by stevers

I want a pink colored patcher, with purple harts moving from left to right to simulate more BIS love to be brought into my Arma2 folder.

I want a pink colored patcher, with purple harts moving from left to right to simulate more BIS love to be brought into my Arma2 folder.

haha lolz me want a fatchick:yay::yay:

[sacasm] pls BIS give us the ability to skin the patcher [/sarcasm]

Haha. If they make any changes to the patcher it should be this and only this.

+1

I want see the love!

EDIT: Maybe they should also add force feedback that gets stronger as the progress bar progresses, so we can also feel the love!

okay, now I've seen everything. I can die happily now.

Even if BIS goes ahead with this request, how do we patch the patcher? And will the patcher of the patcher be pretty too? Or will this require a separate patch altogether? This is the sort of stuff that keeps me awake at night...

"that when she passes each one she passes goes AHHHH" lol wtf does that even mean? hahaha :D

Yeah i vote for that song plus Fox pink hearts layout!

BIS please put all AI coding and bugfixing aside and make us the very important and equally fucked up LOVE PATCHER. :)

Hmmm maybe they could add some soothing music too ?

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9U6URQSF6U

...I mean for the love of god :0

How about a patcher with this video?

(Important part starts at 1:15)

or this song, loud (and by loud I mean volume to 11!), looping and without the ability to turn it off (blocking you from turning your speakers off.. and it would only be worth it in a 10mb patch that installs atleast 30 minutes!)

Edited by Cole

82038694.pngYo BIS, community says they like the patches, so you should put a patcher in their patcher so they can patch while they patch!

24011266.png

rofl Sniperwolf572, you just made my f***ing WEEK!

Edited by Cole

+1

Maybe they should also add force feedback that gets stronger as the progress bar progresses, so we can also feel the love!

LMFAO

For some I hope they do not just only have a wheel than :yay:

LOL! Unbelivable :D

Kind of reminds me of Guybrush's woodchuck dialog :p

I could really live without forced sound during install though.

Stevers' post was definitely satirical... I hope.

Halfway. I recognize it's pointless, but the patcher IS ugly and written in pidgin English.

If nothing else, I can just modify the dialog. If it really starts to bother me.

I'm a native english speaker and I can see nothing wrong with the text in the installer.

The text makes perfect sense and is properly worded in english.

Planck

If nothing else, I can just modify the dialog. If it really starts to bother me.

I totally feel ya. I mean, with patches coming out every couple hours, it can really get annoying staring at those dialogs all day. :p