Sign in to follow this  
RUDOLF

New Game Theme

Now, after OFP,ARMA and ARMA2, will BIS transfer to a new and large game theme--WWII, maybe ARMAWW2? I think it would be a large and plentiful game theme to attract numerous fans with bountiful stuff...:j:

World War 2 has been done... to death. Even now with the mid east wars, they have been done to death as well. I think Korea or even Vietnam would be good... Vietnam with ArmA II scale of landscape and what not would be pretty sweet.

BIS never actually did a historical conflict... more a fictional conflict with real world military...

for me, I dont care where BIS wanted to go next, but hopefully without the yankees. yankee can stay at home this time around. they have been saving the world 3 times now. let the brits save the world for a change :)

I approve of the current ArmA2 terrain as it's basically the developer's back yard and a very interesting bit of terrain militarily. It also is pretty fresh in terms of how many other games use it. If it wasn't the Georgia, Serbia, Czech style terrain I would vote for Korea.

One thing that would be nice about a 70s or 80s era Korea conflict is that since tanks and airplanes were more mechanical and simple (not so much electronics, laser, IR, etc) then OFP&ArmA1&2's light and simple approach to complex vehicles would feel more "right" and balanced with the infantry forces.

But, then we wouldn't get to complain about lack of proper FCS and FLIR? :p

Someone mentioned in another thread Falklands. Given the lack of hardware support and being mostly an infantry game, I think that could be cool. On the other hand, an officially supported winter theme haven't been done yet either. I wouldn't mind an all winter game, but a lot of new things would have to be invented that is typical for witer warfare.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I dont think that BIS is going to make another Arma2 theme. Guess they have a huge todo-list and like to get ArmA and Arma2 "well done".

Look around how many WW2 games were developed and released. This scenario has been used ad nauseam.

Maybe its a lack of imagination that some people like to play old battles again and again?

If you take a look at my signature you know what theme i'd prefer for the next BIS game... won't happen though i guess. :)

Jokes aside, i'd vote to have the most difficult theme for developers in the next title - that would be jungle. Vietnam (60s) would surely come in handy, or Nicaragua (80s) / Philipines (now) if you want a modern conflict.

I say "jungle" because it would be easier for island makers this way around. If you have a good performing jungle island in ArmA X, then every other environment will run good, too - even custom ones.

Edited by ])rStrangelove

Perhaps, but it's not new. It's been there and "classified" since the site was made. :p

Middle ages? 11th ~12th century - Europe? Dynamic evolution of vilages and towns? Battle system like in Mount & Blade? Building of castles like in Stronghold? YEAH I SEE IT!!! YEAH I LOVE THE IDEA!!! I ABSOLUTELY WANT IT!!! THIS IS THE HOLE IN THE MARKET!!! DO IT!!!

I'm preparing to mod Arma 2 in that way, but I don't know how much free time to do this will I have, but I'm looking forward to see game like this for years.

I would love some mixed European military hardware fighting in countries such as Ivory coast, Somalia, Afghanistan ect..

I'm just sick of this Ak vs Colt thing.

Have you guys not noticed Carrier Command? :p

But of course that doesn't rule out other things :)

Edited by Maddmatt

I'd like a map centred around a big city, say Belgrade.

This would also give BIS the opportunity to fix their physics engine :)

Winter. With skies, snowshoes, ice, snow, snowmobiles, traction problems, physical freezing effects on the player, windchill etc etc etc. I don't think anybody has ever attempted a winter setting.

Freebies: Less of that 'AI sees me through the vegetation' stuff due to no/less leaves. No grass to worry about. Snw level would have to be dynamic in some sense thgouh, and I'm not sure how snow depth could be modelled properly.