Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Wow really nice :)

btw can you tell more details - like poly count or who modeled etc :p

14k Pol, 18k verts. Still working on decreasing those numbers, fixing some normal issues, optimizing the general mesh for better smooth groups etc..still plenty of work to do before export to O2, and additional LOD creation

Who modeled what? :)

Very nice. Imo she could use 1 or 2 edge loops more, because she looks a little bit edgy from the front.

I meaned who modeling that kiowa :p

btw make those proper details like proper kiowa's main rotor base etc :cool:

I meaned who modeling that kiowa :p

I am modeling it.

Started from a base model done by a friend of mine (klamacz), but eventually dropped that a built it from scratch. The cockpit is based on his

btw make those proper details like proper kiowa's main rotor base etc :cool:

yeah yeah will do, no worries. If anyone has close-up photos from a kiowa 58d, PM me please :)

sweet.. just sweet :]

I like the idea of being able to have IR Strobe with you, maybe it could be modified to ACE, so that all friendly units who carry IR strobe will be shown on map, and no enemies shown on radar? maybe.. And I presume we'll see that Kiowa warrior in ACE2? :D

The IR Strobe was in ACE and the way it works is you carry it with you at night so friendly air asset can spot your position during combat. Or friendly infantry although it always seemed to come from the guys feet and was slightly hard to see from the ground.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Kiowa in Iraq... Unsure of the model.

582 KB !!!

Edited by W0lle
Image > 100kb

@Firehead: Looks pretty good. But i might suggest you bevel it a bit so the model will look smoother.

Yea, that was just a rough, get used to working with O2 again. I was actually going to redo it. The goal is to have it attached to the back of a helmet, just like I used to do with mine. I have a real one sitting in front of me, and I must say thats a very nice model :).

This is what I have been up to lately:

eotech-1.jpg

eotech2.jpg

Its been a pain in the butt, but its almost done. I did it from 100% scratch, looking at my EOTech. Just a few minor details, and the model will be done.

Mondkalb and me are working on an remake of an old squadintern map just called camping. You can go camping on chernarus with new tents, campfires, bbq, radio, hunting and other hunters/campers. And all packed in a little module.

Inventoryitem for every tent,radio etc and a bag is included^^

I hope you guys do release it. Sounds like these items would be great as a starting point for lots of mission ideas.

Also, many of your items would be central to potential "Sleeping" mods.

Lols, oh noes he said "warlock" call the opsec police.

A quick google search will throw up tons on info, pictures and video on warlock/duke/chamelion, so i dont think the mention of it here would really be key to the bad guys thwarting the system...

That is not the point. Anyone in a job where they are around sensitive systems, should have signed an NDA either prior or after being there. So in a sense, talking about it would be against the law. So really I'm just trying to help him out. And just because you can find something on google, doesn't mean it should still be posted other places again, and again. You can make fun of me, but I take my job and its secrets seriously, thank you.

Thankfully I only have a security clearance of secret.

Ebolax is right. PERSEC and OPSEC should be taken as a serious matter, whether or not you can find the information on google/etc. The fact of the matter is that it has been listed as sensitive material and should not be sought after publicly.

That is not the point. Anyone in a job where they are around sensitive systems, should have signed an NDA either prior or after being there. So in a sense, talking about it would be against the law...

...You can make fun of me, but I take my job and its secrets seriously, thank you.

I think you need to take a chill-pill. There are enough government employees who don't take OPSEC seriously enough that the mention of the word "Warlock" buried somewhere in an obscure form such as this is really of no relevance.

At the end of the day, mentioning OPSEC on a forum like this is all about e-penis waving. "oooh look at me, I've got a security clearance." So do a lot of people, but you dont hear them raving about it...

Thankfully I only have a security clearance of secret.

Perfectly timed for proving my point.

Did you need to tell us that? No, but it makes you sound cooler doesnt it?

At the end of the day, this isnt mp.net, so we dont need people waving their e-penis security clearances around, and we dont need all the other butthurt people screaming OPSEC every 5 mins.

Like I said, theres enough info on it shared around the web that the mention of the word here is rather inconsequential.

oh ok, so just cus you COULD find it somewhere else, we should just not give a damn and forget the law? so in a sense, your saying just cus other fools do it, its ok for us to do it? wow, what logic! the point is its a matter of principle, they signed a "contract" giving their word to "keep it to themselves" idk about other armies, but one of the most important values of the australian army is integrity, those who know such info should know better, and should have enough respect for the rules and for their job to keep their mouths shut.

also sorry for my grammer and spelling, as ive had one or two drinks :)

Cheers

Rhodesy

Regardless of what you may think, and whats on the web, ect ect ect, its called "Doing the right thing". If you shouldn't be saying anything about it, don't say it, regardless of what is going on around you, and what can be found on the web.

Rhodesy, I'm drunk as all get out, I know how you feel. You are 100% right though.

Want to model the whatever ECM system? Feel free to do so, provided it doesn't reveal sensitive information. Loose lips sink ships.

Perfectly timed for proving my point.

Did you need to tell us that? No, but it makes you sound cooler doesnt it?

At the end of the day, this isnt mp.net, so we dont need people waving their e-penis security clearances around, and we dont need all the other butthurt people screaming OPSEC every 5 mins.

Like I said, theres enough info on it shared around the web that the mention of the word here is rather inconsequential.

A security clearance of secret is like having a background check done on you for work, haha. I'm not trying to sound cool because there is nothing cool about it, it's not like I'm entrusted with ANY kind of information at all, so my e-penis is so big!

OPSEC doesn't really bother me, sure it shouldn't be posted but whatever, people will do it. PERSEC is on another level though, you're talking about people's identity and there are alot of bad people everywhere that want information about people.

Now back on topic. Pufu that Kiowa looks flatout badass, please when you get those textures rolling to make the thing black and not green like I've seen. Kiowa's are black, not green.

Good work mate, looking forward to seeing that bad boy!

Let's try to keep this about WIP addons, not e-penises and security clearances. ;)

I finally returned to this thing after a summer. It is 10k polies, all together, unoptimized. More images available for critiquing purposes on request.

This is the beginning of the xm177e2 / xms that will appear in CWR2.

XM177E2s.jpg

Heres a quick small teaser from me mod im working on, thought id better make a video of something just to show that i have been a busy bee.

WIP of a MLRS / Heavy Explosion / Particle and Lighting Effects

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-mc_zJ58DE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-mc_zJ58DE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by Opticalsnare

Heres a quick small teaser from me mod im working on, thought id better make a video of something just to show that i have been a busy bee.

WIP of a MLRS / Heavy Explosion / Particle and Lighting Effects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-mc_zJ58DE&feature=player_embedded

Strange, these pants suddenly don't seem to fit me anymore.