Sign in to follow this  
fire

Razor Two

This is one of the worst missions. It starts out fun but it's so buggy that it can be impossible to find the guy. It's also extremely CPU heavy for some reason. In the armory, I can actually fly planes around and increase the view distance to 10,000! It is nice and smooth. But with the exact same settings, I barely got 25fps on this mission.

It pretends to have a 'plot' and a proper progression, but it doesn't really. The three locations that get marked on your map, the one nearest always seems to be just friendly troops, the one in the middle always seems to be empty, and the other one has guys there. Apparently the bad guy can be there sometimes but I never found him there the 7 times I did that mission.

After that, you get a report of some resistance fighters needing your help. If you help them they tell you that the bad guy might be found at the power station in the south. If you go there you can apparently find him (don't listen to the guy at the gate, he lies). I never found him there though. The trail runs cold at that point though, and if you follow the guy at the gate's advice, you go on a wild goose chase that leads you nowhere.

Eventually you will get a message that the guy is spotted heading north. The message is always from the same town and he is always heading to the same town. My first attempt, I simply didn't make it in time because I was in the middle of nowhere when I got the message and I called the chopper and it just didn't come to me for some reason so the mission failed. (Although you can continue if you want to). The next 5 or 6 times I tried this mission, the same message would come in, but I would then have the chopper ready and I would scour all the roads and fields where the guy is heading, but I would never find him, and yet the mission would not end. I think the guy had simply vanished out of the game or something, because I searched like a military operation and on one attempt, I spent 5 hours in one sitting, travelling both on foot and by air to sweep the entire area. There was no sign of him.

On the 7th attempt at this mission, I bumped in to his second in command. He tried to run me over so I shot him. If you can capture him, do that, not that there seems to be any point to achieving objectives...

1. so can lopetev be found

2. wut does finding the evidence do (im also wondering this for other missions like manhatten)

I eventually completed the mission successfully with a desperation move. I noticed that quite a bit into the last 20 mins, I had an option to tell my squad to 'get in hatchback'. I told them to get in, and they ran several kilometers from Gorka to just outside of Stary Sobor. I found that the hatchback had stopped to let my squad in. They got in, and he drove away, so I told the squad to disembark. He stopped again to let them out, allowing me to shoot his wheels.

Very strange game, somtimes.

I attempted this mission a few times so I can get all the evidence then capture Bardak. Every time I have done this and went to a location for evidence Bardak was there meaning I had to retry it.

This time that didn't happen. I went to the quarry first, then the Castle then the Northern most X. Got all pieces of evidence but no Bardak! I also checked the power plant but he wasn't there either.

Where is that bugger?

We know he can go to:

- Quarry

- Power Plant

- Castle

- Northern most X

And now Stary Sobor, is that actually one of the places? Or a bug, Max Power?

I have tried to get to Stary Sobor by chopper but on the first run one of my guys took a hit and then the second time it was by Ural from Vishnoye, where I got shot the minute I exited the truck at the crossroads between Vishnoye and Sobor. Are there just troops there?

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Ha! Got the booger in Gorka in a red VW after the 20min message appeared. God knows where he came from.

Ive tried the mission a few times. So I restarted the mission, and this time it took me 20 minutes to complete. When the mission started I jumped in a humvee and drove to get the intelligence. Lt Mary(sp??) told me to go and see a freedom fighter who needed help defending his town. So I drove my humvee to that location, helped him defend his town, in which the man told me that you should look right under your nose, he said head back to the factory where the FOB is. I hopped back in the humvee, headed back south, and pulled into the factory are, and as I disembarked I saw a man running to a pickup truck and got in. I wasnt sure if it was him, so I shot at the truck until he got out, and as he got out we opened up on him. Killed him and the screen faded black, I was thinking I failed the mission due to killing some civilian. Sure enough it was Bardak, and ended up getting the victory. He literally was right under our noses. But this game seems like it doesn't play out the same for everyone. So maybe i just got lucky and had good timing.

I have tried this mission 8 times, and I have never finsihed it without having done the ENDMISSION cheat

1)Go to Dressler

2)Go to CDF guy

3)Go to Staroye

4)Go to power plant - Bardak has been here ONCE, but then never found lopetov

5)Go to camps, find nothing

6)Go to Solnichny and kill chedaki, but no evidence there

I can never find Lopetov and found Bardak ONCE, then did ENDMISSION

Also I can never get evidence from anywhere for some reason:16_6_8:

I went to Staroye to help Olegich and Bardak just drove down the road right past me as I was going over to the fighting to the west :p. I shot out his tyres as he was leaving town, and chased him around in Benny Hill style. I shot him the legs but he still wouldn't surrender so I went off to heal my heavy gunner who got in my way as I was disabling the car and the bastard crawled off somewhere. I run around looking for him and he just surrenders in the middle of the road. Mission over.

I went to Staroye to help Olegich and Bardak just drove down the road right past me as I was going over to the fighting to the west :p. I shot out his tyres as he was leaving town, and chased him around in Benny Hill style. I shot him the legs but he still wouldn't surrender so I went off to heal my heavy gunner who got in my way as I was disabling the car and the bastard crawled off somewhere. I run around looking for him and he just surrenders in the middle of the road. Mission over.

i shot bardak and killed all his huards. he crawled for about a minute with my team and me all around him. then he surrendered.

i like ambiet combat.

Lopotev cannot be found, it's a red herring / lure. Find Bardak and you're done.

Lopotev is to be captured later in another mission.

I have played the mission the first time today, but since I failed badly I was not sure if I am doing it right though. So I had a look here and I probably was just too slow to finish the mission successfully. All the time when I was flying around Chernarus gathering informations I got this interesting message of a "unknown car" near the choppers position although I was never able to spot it with my eyes (information from the officals was that Lopotev is using a blue car and Bardak a red hatchback). Now, when I got the message that Lopotev is leaving the country through the border of Gorka in about 20 minutes I took an old sedan and drove the road up north from Solnichny. While driving through some villages north I passed several dead villagers on the side of the street. But at the end I was not able to catch anyone of those two terrorists. And as I have read here, Lopotev cannot be catched anyway.

a small hint:

You might be careful in the woods, there are some amoured infantry patrols. One for example is moving nearby the old castle where you encounter the hiding marines.

Edited by Jimmy the Saint

To capture lopotev ... i use my brdm-2 ... and just bump him till he fall and then there is a conversation from lopotev that he's surrender ... and you will get a pickup transport ...

You're clearly lying. STFU and GTFO.

Going to have another crack at this mission, probably my favourite in the game.

I'll post here how I find him.

EDIT, Found him at the Quarry.

Edited by Blackhawk

Woot! I managed to get all evidence thingys and capture Bardark! Yay!

Here's my walkthrough...

1. Go to the castle south of Vyshnoye and get the maps.

2. Go to the northernmost marked camp and get the photos.

3. Go to the quarry near Solnichniy and get the dog tags.

4. Go to Gorka and wait for the 20 minute warning, Bardark should be heading north in a red Volkswagen Golf look-alike.

This might be something interesting to think about:

The CDF official at the base at the beginning will tell you that there are informations of a suspicous blue car driving north and later in the mission you will recieve a message from your HQ that a red hatchback is driving towards Gorka trying to leave the country in twenty minutes and therefore it becomes the ultimate target. Now when you visit several crucial recon places, especially Maleks farm, you might notice an old sedan painted blue and red. Could this be one of the terrorists? Maybe it is a lead to Lopotev, who, as we all know, cannot be catched (yet). I also noticed that Malek could be Bardak himself, because once I noticed him driving away from his farm as soon as I came back from the castle with the evidence. Of course I shot his car, so he jumped out and tried to run away. But I got close enough to catch him. However the sequence afterwards looked strange and it ended the mission with -400 points for me without letting me knowwhy. Anyway the cognizance seems to be obvious. One information hints to a blue car while the second leads to a red car. And at Maleks farm I have seen this old sedan painted in blue and red. So my conclusion so far is. Malek could be one of the two traitors. But in the case of the mission design, he probably is Bardak.

Malek's farm? What's that? Where is it?

Also... I questioned some civilians in Vyshnoye and they all said something about Pepa and a water pump? Where was it? I never found him so I just skipped it...

Well you can't arrest Malek, but boy he was a stubborn old bastard, I had to threaten to kill him, then he told me to F**k off. :D

Lol, after all these many rampage reports I've to write down my pleasant game. :yay:

I've took all the time of the world to visit Dressler and Marny then drove back and flew towards Vishney. My LZ was south of the old castle so I found the map evidence already on my way to the village and that journey became redundant.

When I flew to the camps in the NE I set my LZ on a road in a forest. The chopper almost crashed then eventually returned to base. One minute late a car approached on the road and stopped 50m in front because I was standing on the road. I've approached the police car and didn't even notice I've just stumbled over Bardak until my character started talking. I shot the tire when he drove off, and tried to arrest him but he pulled a gun.

Malek's farm? What's that? Where is it?

Also... I questioned some civilians in Vyshnoye and they all said something about Pepa and a water pump? Where was it? I never found him so I just skipped it...

Pepa and the well can be found at the town center. There are also other villagers who might give you informations.

Well you can't arrest Malek, but boy he was a stubborn old bastard, I had to threaten to kill him, then he told me to F**k off. :D

Well, you cannot take Malek into custody because all you know is, that he is the stubborn farmer Malek and not Bardak or whoever. Play nice with Malek and he might give you some informations. ;)

Edited by Jimmy the Saint

Hi all. Here's my Razor Two mission walkthrough. It's about all you can do after having done it several times, I found this out and it's a fairly thorough walkthrough with driving directions included! It definitely helps to do manual saves after each step as if you blow it you only have to reload from the previous one. But sometimes the game glitches; especially at the quarry, and you might have to start over anyways, as I had to do. Hope it helps and enjoy!

After the briefing with the Captain, grab the HumV with the .50 cal on top (I put Rodriguez as gunner; and left him there through most of the mission. It surely helps to have him there!) and head to Elektrozavodsk to speak with Cpt Dressler. He will have you speak with the CDF liason officer; who is standing in front of a BMP across the compound from Dressler.

Next head to the castle by Vyshnoye by taking the main coast road back up towards Chernogorsk. Take the road north off the coast road; there is a gas station nearby across the street, that's how you'll know you've got the right road. It leads to Pusta. When you arrive in Pusta take the left and follow that around to the curved intersection that it dead ends into just south of Mogilevka. Head on in to Mogilevka and take the road through town and then taking the next left. The dirt road will continue west out of town towards Vyshnoye. Take the next left, stop alongside the road a short ways and disembark the HumV. Head on up the hill past the house and on towards the castle. It's quite visible on the map. Inside the ruins courtyard you'll find a small tent around back and a table. Take the evidence and you have 1/4 evidence.

Take your team back to the HumV and get in. Reverse directions and head back to Mogilevka; this time go north out of town and take the first left (dirt road. Take the next right, then a quick left and follow the windy two-track north until it dead ends. Keep going straight (off-road) and on up the hill until you get contacts. You can elect to keep your gunner in the HumV to engage the insurgents in the camp on Hill 446 or get everyone out to engage them. Once they're dealt with, search the tent, you'll find your next piece of evidence on a table; that's 2/4! Now several times I did this the insurgents were split up and waiting at the foot of the hill where you came from; which is where you need to go. If it's clear just head back to the road you crossed; and take it left (south). Your next stop is Staroye.

Stay on the main road through Guglovo and in to Staroye. Don't run over your NAPA contact! lol You'll be in radio contact with him as you get close, and once you get out (disembarking your team; you'll need them for the firefight coming up!) and you're close to him he'll talk with you directly. He's the guy (gamekeeper) with the hunting rifle and cap. He'll be in a bit of a panic as Insurgents are about to attack the town. Follow him back in to town and up the road to the left towards the milking shed. There other NAPA (townsfolk) have gathered to defend Staroye. You don't get much time to set up before insurgents attack. Deal with them. They may be split into several teams or one big attack. I've had it happen both ways. Once dealt with (all must be dead; check your map for stragglers and chase them down) head back to the NAPA leader and he'll give you your next place to check for the insurgent leaders; right under your nose, the Electrical Plant in Elektrozavodsk!

Get back in the HumV and follow the main road south out of Staroye. Stay on that until it hits a T-intersection and turn left. Follow that past the dam and you will see a tall smokestack. That's the power plant. Drive up to the main gate and get out. You can leave your team in the HumV for now. Talk to the gatekeeper (you'll be outside) and he'll reluctantly let you in. Now I've had Bardak be here in a shed behind the power plant; he may or may not be there. He will try to get away if he is there. Once in a bus, once in a white car. Shoot the tires out if he's making a getaway! If he is there and you chase him down (don't kill him!) you'll get an arrest cutscene and your mission may be over. However, you did not get all 4 pieces of evidence, not to worry too badly. I failed at this point, so don't know if it does end. If it does not end, continue on to the final piece of evidence; and obviously if he's not there, head to the final piece of evidence; which the gatekeeper gave you. See Franta in Solnichniy!

Take the road on into Elektrozavodsk and take the next left (coast road) and follow that all the way up to Solnichniy. It's quite a drive, like 10 minutes real time. I never found this Franta guy but he is there somewhere. I just headed into town and took the main road leading west. Right after crossing the tracks take the next left and that short road leads into the quarry. Your gunner should despatch the three insurgents no problem! Several times I did this quarry fight it was bugged. One of the insurgents (of course the one with the evidence [dog tags] was on the side of the hill and I couldn't get to his body to get them! Grrrr had to start all over after trying several reloads, it just kept getting bugged) has the evidence you need 3/4 down!

The hunt for Bardak begins when you get a message from HQ that Lopotev is making a run for it. He's been spotted in a red hatchback heading north from Shakovka! You only have about 20 mins to catch him as he's driving from Shakovka to Gorka along the first dirt road that leads off the paved road out of Shakovka and heads north directly to Gorka. You're probably alot farther away, but no worries. He's driving like an old person (very slow!) and you should be able to get to Gorka before he does. Check your map (quickly now!) and take the shortest route to Gorka! Ok on your map there are three dirt roads that lead south out of Gorka. It's important VERY important you get the right one, it's the middle one! Now race south to a good ambush spot and wait for him to come puttering by. Shoot his tires out! When the car stops, stop firing (probably a good idea to have your team be not engaged (cease fire)) and you be the one doing the shooting. You've come a long ways and not a good idea to screw it up now! Chase his butt down if you're too far away, don't kill him. If you're a good shot you could nick him in the leg and slow him down, but just run after him, he'll give up sooner or later. Just don't let him get away!

Cutscene: You order him to the ground, he wont, you shoot him in the leg as he tries to make a break, he now is on the ground! You call in a pickup and mission is over!

Here's a faster walkthru for you. :)

When you start, load your men into the chopper. If you don't know where the north camp is, speak to Dressler and have him mark it on the map.

Fly to Vyshnoye, land SW of the y-cross just south in town where there's an open field. Upon landing you will be attacked by a single gunman. You can take him out with the minigun.

Run to the middle of town and talk to the guy by the fountain/waterpump. He'll tell you about Malek in the farm S of town and roughly W of the castle. If you see a blue civil Ural in the Y-crossing, use that. It will sometime help.

Go to Malek in his farm. On the first choice press 2 (Please cooperate) and then 1 (Want to go to jail?). He will say that they were in the castle but has probably left now. Run up to the castle. Halfway to the castle - SAVE! Check the castle, he's rarely inside but he IS around. I've played this like 20 times and he is ALWAYS there, but you need to talk to both guys (fountain guy and Malek). Coop might say something about smelling smoke and so on upon entering the castle area. On the bench next to the tent right next to the castle, you'll find some evidence. This is 1/4. Search the nearby area. Bardak always has one bodyguard (sniper) sometimes two. Don't worry, sometimes it will take up to 4-5 minutes before you find the sniper (or Bardak) who is always on the move (walking, unless he has seen you) but always passing the castle. When you kill the sniper, run towards where he was coming from if you don't see Bardak. Now comes the tricky part. When approaching Bardak you want Coop to yell don't move or I'll shoot and have Bardak freeze. 4/5 times he'll run (and Coop will yell Bastard!) and you have to load, but this time you'll know the approx area he's in at least. When Bardak freezes - SAVE! and backtrack, do NOT approach him so he's arrested.

If you want to collect all the evidence, read on - if not, just approach him, arrest him and the mission is over.

Mark Bardak on the map (he doesn't have a marker on the map and Razor won't report seeing him unless he's unknown) and run back to the LZ and call in Starforce 21. Fly to the Quarry and kill the men there. Search the guy with balaklava/ski mask. You should get an option saying "Take dogtags". If not, select one in Razor by pressing e.g. F2 - 6 and take dog tags. This is evidence 2/4.

Find a suitable LZ and call in Starforce 21. SAVE!

OPTIONAL: Go back to the base where you started and send the UAV to the northern camp and take out armor in the surrounding area/towns for a closer landing.

Fly to the northern camp and find a suitable LZ. If you did not use the UAV it has to be about 0.5-1km S of the camp across the road and between the towns on either side in order to not be shot down.

Take out the team in the northern camp. I prefer to attack from the south, withdraw back to a tiny forrest and take them out across the field. In the forrest you're easily out flanked. You can also use StarForces minigun on approach. In the tent in the northern camp, you'll find some photos which is evidence 3/4. Call in StarForce 21 and land on the old LZ SW of Vyshnoye. Run to the marker on the map where Bardak is and arrest him. He is evidence 4/4 and you have a complete success.

* If the chopper hovers midair due to shooting (and threat is over), open map, hit 0-8-1 and click on the original LZ to land

* Sometimes Bardak's car is on the foot of the hill, sometimes it just explodes. If it does he is most likely to run to the Ural you stole.

* Sometimes when searching the area, Bardak manages to sneak back to the castle and jumps into the car and tries to drive off (which he never manages). When this happens, just load as you won't manage to get him to freeze now.

Here's a faster walkthru for you. :)

When you start, load your men into the chopper. If you don't know where the north camp is, speak to Dressler and have him mark it on the map.

Fly to Vyshnoye, land SW of the y-cross just south in town where there's an open field. Upon landing you will be attacked by a single gunman. You can take him out with the minigun.

Run to the middle of town and talk to the guy by the fountain/waterpump. He'll tell you about Malek in the farm S of town and roughly W of the castle. If you see a blue civil Ural in the Y-crossing, use that. It will sometime help.

Go to Malek in his farm. On the first choice press 2 (Please cooperate) and then 1 (Want to go to jail?). He will say that they were in the castle but has probably left now. Run up to the castle. Halfway to the castle - SAVE! Check the castle, he's rarely inside but he IS around. I've played this like 20 times and he is ALWAYS there, but you need to talk to both guys (fountain guy and Malek). Coop might say something about smelling smoke and so on upon entering the castle area. On the bench next to the tent right next to the castle, you'll find some evidence. This is 1/4. Search the nearby area. Bardak always has one bodyguard (sniper) sometimes two. Don't worry, sometimes it will take up to 4-5 minutes before you find the sniper (or Bardak) who is always on the move (walking, unless he has seen you) but always passing the castle. When you kill the sniper, run towards where he was coming from if you don't see Bardak. Now comes the tricky part. When approaching Bardak you want Coop to yell don't move or I'll shoot and have Bardak freeze. 4/5 times he'll run (and Coop will yell Bastard!) and you have to load, but this time you'll know the approx area he's in at least. When Bardak freezes - SAVE! and backtrack, do NOT approach him so he's arrested.

If you want to collect all the evidence, read on - if not, just approach him, arrest him and the mission is over.

Mark Bardak on the map (he doesn't have a marker on the map and Razor won't report seeing him unless he's unknown) and run back to the LZ and call in Starforce 21. Fly to the Quarry and kill the men there. Search the guy with balaklava/ski mask. You should get an option saying "Take dogtags". If not, select one in Razor by pressing e.g. F2 - 6 and take dog tags. This is evidence 2/4.

Find a suitable LZ and call in Starforce 21. SAVE!

OPTIONAL: Go back to the base where you started and send the UAV to the northern camp and take out armor in the surrounding area/towns for a closer landing.

Fly to the northern camp and find a suitable LZ. If you did not use the UAV it has to be about 0.5-1km S of the camp across the road and between the towns on either side in order to not be shot down.

Take out the team in the northern camp. I prefer to attack from the south, withdraw back to a tiny forrest and take them out across the field. In the forrest you're easily out flanked. You can also use StarForces minigun on approach. In the tent in the northern camp, you'll find some photos which is evidence 3/4. Call in StarForce 21 and land on the old LZ SW of Vyshnoye. Run to the marker on the map where Bardak is and arrest him. He is evidence 4/4 and you have a complete success.

* If the chopper hovers midair due to shooting (and threat is over), open map, hit 0-8-1 and click on the original LZ to land

* Sometimes Bardak's car is on the foot of the hill, sometimes it just explodes. If it does he is most likely to run to the Ural you stole.

* Sometimes when searching the area, Bardak manages to sneak back to the castle and jumps into the car and tries to drive off (which he never manages). When this happens, just load as you won't manage to get him to freeze now.

It's no good. Bardak doesn't always go to the Vyshnoye castle first.

Well I claim he does. :)

As I said, you have to talk to fountain guy and Malek first, then you have to search the area. I've played it a ton of times i.e. atleast 20 times to test this theory and it always hold water but I've never caught him inside the castle though. My theory is that you have several successful approaches to catch him as long as you things in a certain order. Meaning if you follow another certain set of actions he will always be e.g. in the quarry.

I have found him in the general area of the castle, on the road near Malek's farm, but never in the castle itself.

Well I claim he does. :)

As I said, you have to talk to fountain guy and Malek first, then you have to search the area. I've played it a ton of times i.e. atleast 20 times to test this theory and it always hold water but I've never caught him inside the castle though. My theory is that you have several successful approaches to catch him as long as you things in a certain order. Meaning if you follow another certain set of actions he will always be e.g. in the quarry.

You may have played it 20 times over (A lie) but even so, many othes have claimed that he shows up in different places.