Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

since patch 1.03 is out this soundmod has not that great sound before , will there be an update ?

Hm weapons fired in full automatic give me a bad cracking sound when the sound disappears. It like RATATAT...tatat.... tat...ta....CRACKING SOUND.

Is it a known bug you already talked about ?

Argh, noticed it now in Vanilla ArmA2, too. Is it known bug ? plz tell me x/

greetz

since patch 1.03 is out this soundmod has not that great sound before , will there be an update ?

I had the same problem, turn the sound options to 50% or a little lower and it will be fixed.

Gunfire is way too loud from distance. It sounds like 400 meters is just 30 or 50 meteres actually. Volume option have no effect in this case, cause then you just lower what sounds good, but overall balance is still really bad. Tested on 1.03. I dunno, if this problem was true on 1.02 too.

vop sounds has stopped working for me with the latest patch, no idea why. made me a sad panda.

OK! I want someone to download this addon from the first post of this thread.

Install the addon.

Try and join the 506th server... or any friggen server for that matter and tell me if you succeed or fail.

I can't join anything with this 2.1 version. :mad:

What's the f*#-- secret!?

I can use it in single player fine. ???

It's not allowed on those servers, that's why. Most servers have all addons disabled because it stops a lot of ArmA II hackers. It should come up with a message saying just that.

I've been talking to the guy over at the 506th and he said they fully support the addon, so that's why I'm baffled. :confused:

-----

Edit

-----

Ok, I just successfully joined the Tactical Gamer server with 2.1, so yeah, it was definitely a problem with the 506's server key.

Carry on.

And Zipper5, you've been on here since April 2006 and you don't have an avatar? *tisk, tisk*

Edited by Kridian

Only commenting on the weapons modifications as I'm quite satisfied with the other default sounds. Will try the other ones at a later date.

The only criticism I have is that there's an annoying high frequency burst on the transient of the SVD Dragunov sound.

All the other sounds are pretty good (the SAW and other light machine guns are nicely harsh sounding now). Particularly glad you replaced the awful XM8 sounds and the dreadful squelchy mess that was previously the AK-74.

Did anyone notice M4A1 Holo SD is not really using an SD sound? I just downloaded latest Vopsound twice (with the latest configs too), and each version I downloaded had the M4A1 Holo SD unsilenced. :crazy:

Running patch 1.03.58834 here.

i just read in the patch forum that with the beta patch which came after 1.03 not 1.04 fixes the crackling and the sound distortion.

I too was wondering if it was the mod and so i tried another sound mod and got the same thing.

Im yet to try the beta patch and see for myself if it has been fixed, they said it has.

Just a quickie lads and lasses.

We have a server running now and want to add this but need to know how to add it to the server. Also, if we do add it do you need to be running the mod to join the server or can you join it without?

I have put the key file in the in the KEYS directory on the server. Do I need to do anything else like add the files to the server too?

Sorry for being a noob but its the first time I've had anything to do with running an ARMA2 server.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Doh, found out how to do it but still need to know if you need the mod installed to actually join a server running it.

This mod isn't working for me... I followed the instructions but it simply renders 'no sounds' for gun fire/footsteps etc... Basically I dont hear any of them lol

i just read in the patch forum that with the beta patch which came after 1.03 not 1.04 fixes the crackling and the sound distortion.

I too was wondering if it was the mod and so i tried another sound mod and got the same thing.

Im yet to try the beta patch and see for myself if it has been fixed, they said it has.

Yeah, it's the patch, I have the same problem. I hear re installing the last patch would help but hell, I didn' t know there was a beta patch. I'd be afraid of using it though.

This probably sounds stupid but i cant seem to notice any difference in the sounds with vopsound... Im pretty sure i did everything like the instructions say and when i connect to servers i see the message "... is using modified data vopsound 2.1" etc etc and i dont get kicked so i guess i am using vopsound, am i just deaf ? D:

This probably sounds stupid but i cant seem to notice any difference in the sounds with vopsound... Im pretty sure i did everything like the instructions say and when i connect to servers i see the message "... is using modified data vopsound 2.1" etc etc and i dont get kicked so i guess i am using vopsound, am i just deaf ? D:

Have you added the correct command line to your short cut? Or you can try using Alpinestar's launcher.

Try firing a silenced M4, if it sounds like "snap" rather than "pew pew" then the mod should be working.

Edited by randir14

I'm amazed at the poor sound quality for aircraft in this game. I mean, they did an ok job but they sound nothing like real life.

Just compare the A-10 to what it really sounds like. Or any other jet close to the speed of sound and with what these jets sound like near top speed.

So I am very glad someone is making an attempt to improve the in-game sounds. I just wish developers would make the same effort.

ArmA default A-10:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCdmmyR44z8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCdmmyR44z8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Real A-10:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17h04ag1YHg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17h04ag1YHg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CF-18 at mach 0.9 (Make sure you turn your sound up so you can hear what the announcer is saying):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM8j0YhJlKM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM8j0YhJlKM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love the gun sound this guy's mod has though, perfect...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ofIGcb_qk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ofIGcb_qk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by Kriss

I didn't apply the latest beta patch, dont want to mess with it.

but i have a question, is it possible to change the gear sounds, its rather annoying, it makes me think im wearing glogs, or have a canteen that needs fixin.

Realism is best

Not sure why people are worried about the beta .. it doesn't actually overwrite any main game files like a main patch, it simply puts everything new into a "beta" folder including the arma2.exe for the beta and you redirect to that with a shortcut, just like the arma1 beta's ... so you can simply use your default shorcut to run arma 1.03 as normal at any time.

It doesn't convert the game to a non roll back patch like the main releases so far it simply sits along side. That way you can test launching with one shortcut, then exit and run back as normal with the other shortcut. Ive not noticed any cracking or glitches which I did notice before with 1.03 .. the new beta (seems) to remove that again now.

Edited by mrcash2009

Did anyone notice M4A1 Holo SD is not really using an SD sound? I just downloaded latest Vopsound twice (with the latest configs too), and each version I downloaded had the M4A1 Holo SD unsilenced. :crazy:

Running patch 1.03.58834 here.

Figured that out, 31st MEU Replacement Reticles and Realistic Ballistics was apparently conflicting with Vopsound.

The Gau 8 in the Video on the last Page souds quite realistic.

Watch this to see a real one in Action

Edited by Tonci87

Im posting about the explosion sounds in the game.

bombs, tank rounds impacting, sound bland,dull, muffled and boring.

i remember when I saw this vid:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVCZfhLGFLE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVCZfhLGFLE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

when i saw this vid i was like what the hell are those sounds and where can i get them!

I was talking about the explosion sounds of course. But seriously, the sounds ingame dont sound epic and traumatic anymore, they all sound the same, nothing scares you. every type of round from tanks, planes, choppers, ect., should have their own distinct sounds for their missiles and bombs and such.

Surley a dropped bomb cannot sound the same everytime it hits a differnt type of target, be it a building, or tank, or even flat ground.

The sound big or small should resonate from the distance based on the type of explosion it is. Seriously when you see real vids of military operations of bombs going off, you want to be like wohh, that was F**cking ausome!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZTZmzM-Kw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZTZmzM-Kw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Im posting about the explosion sounds in the game.

bombs, tank rounds impacting, sound bland,dull, muffled and boring.

i remember when I saw this vid:

when i saw this vid i was like what the hell are those sounds and where can i get them!

I was talking about the explosion sounds of course. But seriously, the sounds ingame dont sound epic and traumatic anymore, they all sound the same, nothing scares you. every type of round from tanks, planes, choppers, ect., should have their own distinct sounds for their missiles and bombs and such.

Surley a dropped bomb cannot sound the same everytime it hits a differnt type of target, be it a building, or tank, or even flat ground.

The sound big or small should resonate from the distance based on the type of explosion it is. Seriously when you see real vids of military operations of bombs going off, you want to be like wohh, that was F**cking ausome!

WOW I have to say that this sound mod is amazing. This is an Arma1 right ... anything similar for Arma2? VOP Sound Mod 2.1 sound nothing like this!