Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

G36 reflex sight fix/replacement

You´ve been using the G36´ reflex sight in A2 v1.00 and you loved it?

You´re wondering where the precious G36´reflex sight has gone in A2 1.01?

5701.jpg

Not any longer, beacause it´s back! :turn:

G36 Reflex Visier (fix) | Downloads | Armed-Assault.de

^^ Be aware that this temporary fix also brings back the infamous ammo bug, prbly the main reason for it´s removal in v101

can you post a bigger picture for both cases please?

I still don't have the game (waiting) and i would like to know how it was in 1.0 and before the change.

can you post a bigger picture for both cases please?

I still don't have the game (waiting) and i would like to know how it was in 1.0 and before the change.

Here´s a video i took in 1.00

5Ncszv8XElY

Thank you.

How is the G36 reflex sight in the recent version? (Picture please)

so, they now have the ability to switch between iron sites and the scope? awesome!

hopefully they get that ammo bug worked out. im guessing its where you get a "new" mag from switching from one optic to another?

That does sound exploitable, so I understand why they removed it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, its a pretty cool feature.

Woot its in now? mappable button/action menu to switch? And other weapons have this? I dont have ARMA2 just curious. :)

NICE!

What? I wasn't aware that you could switch sights in ArmA 2. :S

In stock ArmA II 1.0 you have the scope when selecting semi-, and the "Kollimatorvisier" if you switch to salvo or full auto.

This makes sense since this is what the two types of sights on the G36 are intended for.

Edited by Beagle

All scoped weapons should have a second iron-sighted position where you aim (if only approximately) over the top of your scope. It's daft as is with the ACOG (or similarly/higher powered optics) where you can only shoot from the hip or zoomed in. This second position would also support this type of sight arrangement:

TA01ECOSweb.jpg

I wouldnt say all sights have it, but there is a increase number of products have the mountings to attach secoundary sights on top of it, there is also mountings that used to replace old/standard mountings which have this features

In stock ArmA II 1.0 you have the scope when selecting semi-, and the "Kollimatorvisier" if you switch to salvo or full auto.

This makes sense since this is what the two types of sights on the G36 are intended for.

Ah ok. Doesnt really make sense but ok, got it. :) The single shot is also intended for the CQB optics if were being realistic. To be only allowed to use auto in CQB is weird, and i guess maybe the reason they skipped it. I thaught it was maybe like 6th sense or ACE. Either cycle "F" through normal/CQB all modes or press a button to switch between them. Ofcourse scope and full auto really doesnt make sense, but can be done in reality.

Ah well, BIS can make it. Just give em some time to get it all together. :)

Alex

why cant they make it just like in ace where u can switch with shift + f to alternative cqb sights and vice versa?

i also miss the deploy option of ace but this is another point;)

This is not really proper selectable sights. It's still a 1:1 hardcoded "this fire mode will use this sight and only this sight." The only new pony trick is that they gave one fire mode one sight and gave another fire mode another sight.

It's a config level issue, the sight is defined in the weapon/muzzle/firemode, which is very backward thinking. Fire mode and sight selection need to be fully independent where you can use any fire mode (or muzzle even) through any sight.

As far as sight selection, perhaps the sight key can be context sensitive? From unsighted, tapping the key brings up the hip or CQB sights and a >1.0sec press brings up the full sights.

Yes, this should be addressed. I know it's pretty low level, but would increase a weapons potential, and ease use of that potential greatly.

Can you define in the config of an addon that the weapon has semi-auto x2, burst x2 and full auto x2?

From unsighted, tapping the key brings up the hip or CQB sights and a >1.0sec press brings up the full sights.

I like this idea.

Can you define in the config of an addon that the weapon has semi-auto x2, burst x2 and full auto x2?

Ah, you mean 6 fire modes?

Semi (CQB)

Semi

Burst (CQB)

Burst

Auto (CQB)

Auto

I think that's possible, kind of an ugly solution, but possible.

I know in ArmA1 it wasn't possible to have different sight defines for the same muzzle but it looks like that's no longer the case for ArmA2. All the dual-sight weapons for ArmA1 were rather goofy. You would reload the CQB sight and the non-CQB sight wouldn't reload.

How about removing that "burst" and make semi/full only.

The G36 used by the german army, for example, has only semi and full.

That would make "only" 4 selections or what I REALLY would like to see:

Semi

Semi (CQB)

Auto (CQB)

I don't think that we need full-auto on scope view.

And for the "burst" fuction, I never use it.

MfG Lee :)

Like Lee_H._Oswald said G36 variants have single and full auto fire mode (and safe mode). The MP5A5, MP5SD6 have a 3-shot-burst mode.

The customer can choose between the trigger groups. http://www.heckler-koch.de/HKWebText/detailPara/1928/85/4/19/237

Think its better to have all sights (optical and reflex) for single fire and auto fire modes. IRL you dont remove sights/scopes before you switch into full auto mode. ;)

Whatever we do in real life, the arma2(OFP) engine tells us what is possible.

I modified this addon(for personal use only, bla bla) to:

Semi

Semi (CQB)

Auto (CQB)

...and it works great.

MfG Lee