Sign in to follow this  
cass

German 1.01 Patch is final.

So what's the difference between the 1.01b and 1.01 final?

Keygets is right, for me too the .exe version has changed despite the error message.

You say there was an error message or rather within the patch window you see message that patch 1.01 is already installed after progress of the patch is done?

Keygets is right, for me too the .exe version has changed despite the error message.

maddogx: read the topic, tsk :)

From armed assault.de

The final patch 1.01 for the German version of ArmA 2nd Some of the main innovations:

Fixes bugs in the AI routine (AI does not respond)

Stable Scripts in the campaign

Fixes some crashes, flickering textures and improves performance

No changes in the Addons folder?

These changed for me:

• warfare2.pbo.bi.bisign
  • warfare2.pbo
  • ui.pbo.bi.bisign
  • ui.pbo
  • modules.pbo.bi.bisign
  • modules.pbo
  • missions.pbo.bi.bisign
  • missions.pbo
  • languagemissions.pbo.bi.bisign
  • languagemissions.pbo
  • language.pbo.bi.bisign
  • language.pbo

Within the patch window here, but same as above exe has changed still.

Window went by so fast so dont know what files were altered.

So what's the difference between the 1.01b and 1.01 final?

Since the first 1.01 was a beta, its probably the same fixes, only better. I guess...

No changes in the Addons folder?

These changed for me:

• warfare2.pbo.bi.bisign
  • warfare2.pbo
  • ui.pbo.bi.bisign
  • ui.pbo
  • modules.pbo.bi.bisign
  • modules.pbo
  • missions.pbo.bi.bisign
  • missions.pbo
  • languagemissions.pbo.bi.bisign
  • languagemissions.pbo
  • language.pbo.bi.bisign
  • language.pbo

Good catch, you are right - these files have been changed here, at least the date in explorer says so. So it seems like despite the error message, the patch has been applied to multiple files.

However: It happened in less than 10 seconds, while the beta took a minute or more to install. I'm not really sure the patching tool can edit these files so quickly, so maybe the "changed" date got touched without the deep level changes?

Thx BIS! :)

Another mirror from Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

German Final Patch [1.01] & Server

Thx BIS! :)

Another mirror from Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

German Final Patch [1.01] & Server

But does it work?

Good catch, you are right - these files have been changed here, at least the date in explorer says so. So it seems like despite the error message, the patch has been applied to multiple files.

However: It happened in less than 10 seconds, while the beta took a minute or more to install. I'm not really sure the patching tool can edit these files so quickly, so maybe the "changed" date got touched without the deep level changes?

I think it only updates the files requiring updates.

As they only changed about 30 MB of data with the patch, im fairly confident it's all good :)

Yeah, but the patch should show some fancy msg, so stoopids like me wont be mentally challenged ... :P

Since the first 1.01 was a beta, its probably the same fixes, only better. I guess...
Das mit 97 MByte nochmals fast 40 MByte größere Update als der Beta-Patch, enthält weitere Verbesserungen bezüglich KI und Multiplayer-Modus

On Gamestar it says its about 40 mb bigger than the beta patch. And that some more fixes for the KI and MP have been made.

You cant use your old 1.0 Savegames with it!

Edited by Icedout_911

i can't install it on the beta patch

error messages:

Translated: Error in File XY, Abort/Retry/Ignore

A friend said that his updater says that Patch 1.01 is already installed^^

Wait until evening, if theres no solution in the boards i would reinstall arma2.

You have installed the english language files. Restore the german ones. If you removed the germans ones, you have to reinstall.

Patching from beta 1.01 to the final worked fine here, no error messages or anything else weird.

Thanks BIS!

If you have your language mod in basic game folder instead of mod folder, remove it and place back the old one, any change on basic game file will make the installation check detect error on file content and result in installation error.

P.S. I already start to bet how many times we have to tell people to use mod/addons folder for whatever addons instead of putting it in basic ones

Edited by 4 IN 1

I too get the message that the patch has already been installed, so it wont install the complete patch over the beta.

Did you get the message in the patching box?

Again it's a error. Mainly the versionnumer ingame should change to 1.01.57751 so all is ok.

I too get the message that the patch has already been installed, so it wont install the complete patch over the beta.

same for me

Why is this not on the main page, unofficial release?

I think they are going unofficial the first hours to spread out server constraint.

I got the "1.01 installed already" error to in the msg box. I'm not so sure it patches correctly even though the file dates are stamped with newer date. The patcher finished WAY to fast comparing to the usual time it takes to patch. I'm reinstalling and patching again just to be sure.

I was able to update without any issues.

Thanks BIS!

Edited by pchaxor

Nice to see they improved it a bit more for the final.

Now i just need to wait till the 10th. and hope ATI really releases a new driver for ther 4800s that fixes the problem with the overflowing GPU memory which causes totally annnyoing graphic errors everywhere.