gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

It's been quite some time now, is the Steam patch coming soon?

@Dwarden: You guys might want to take a look at how Monday Night Combat (Uber Ent.) does the Steam patching business. They seem to be running their own patcher on the first run of the game after a Steam update. Haven't checked the details, but it's probably just a launcher or the actual exe checking if the latest available update has already been applied and applying it if it wasn't.

Edited by stilpu

any news about official steam 1.59 release?

@Dwarden: You guys might want to take a look at how Monday Night Combat (Uber Ent.) does the Steam patching business. They seem to be running their own patcher on the first run of the game after a Steam update. Haven't checked the details, but it's probably just a launcher or the actual exe checking if the latest available update has already been applied and applying it if it wasn't.

stilpu it means they either not distributing the game data but some installer or just patching some binary which is not checked/downloaded by STEAM...

in both cases it's not usable for our title nor for STEAM delivery ...

anyway the problem with last patch is not related to STEAM delivery or w/e but technical problems ...

and it may be resolved sooner or later (lets hope for the first)

and it may be resolved sooner or later

Sooner it seems, Steam just started updating. :)

Bhh. I have already updated the game to 1.59. But Steam forces me to download 2GB anyway. Well well, no big deal, I can live with it. :)

Bhh. I have already updated the game to 1.59. But Steam forces me to download 2GB anyway. Well well, no big deal, I can live with it. :)

yeah but that's sadly the way how the system works :(...

@Dwarden, I'm pretty sure in MNC's case Steam downloads the actual patch data, the game's exe/launcher just handles the patching process. I was suggesting checking it out because I remembered you guys had the issue with Steam re-downloading huge files on patch day instead of patching them like your standalone patcher does. (I don't own the ArmA games on Steam, so I've no idea if that's still the case)

Maybe it would hurt trying to get in touch with Uber Ent., they're an indie developer as well :)

Edited by stilpu

again i don't see how that should be able to solve the problem at all ...

if the STEAM delivery of any data fails then the patch fails ...

so in this case MNC system would be as inert as anything else ...

For some reason the game is starting to lag badly.

Now I see what you mean. I was not talking about the specific problems regarding the current patch (as I said, I don't own the ArmA games on Steam, so I wasn't aware what caused the issues), but about the inconvenience caused to the user when he has (had?) to re-download most of the game files instead of the lighter standalone patch.

Certainly, you are the ones to decide if this is something worth investigating or not, all I did was to point it out in case you guys didn't consider it :)

When I choose to start CO the batch file appears, but after that nothing happens. I've reinstalled BAF and PMC and checked the caches, but nothing is wrong. I can start all games, just not CO.

Help please?

Edited by Maximum Mod

When I choose to start CO the batch file appears, but after that nothing happens. I've reinstalled BAF and PMC and checked the caches, but nothing is wrong, and I can start all games, just not CO.

Help please?

do you have ARMA 2 installed?

do You started ARMA 2 once ?

(ideally start STEAM via "run as adminitrator" prior)

do you have ARMA 2 installed?

do You started ARMA 2 once ?

(ideally start STEAM via "run as adminitrator" prior)

Done all that

Hey im new to the Arma community... i have some problems with the game it well really one or two 1. the game is really laggy but i have windows 7 and a fast acer computer 2. the controls are all screwed up can you please help me!

1. Arma 2 is a very demanding game, it requires a fast processor and a powerful video card. What processor and video card do you have? Unless your Acer is specifically intended for gaming, it probably doesn't have a good enough graphics card to run Arma 2 smoothly. Have you tried lowering the graphics settings?

2. If you walked into an auto workshop and said "My car is screwed up, please help me!", do you think they would be able to help? I think not, since there are about a million things that could be wrong with your car. What exactly is your problem with the controls?

Is it possible to:

- Make Steam see and recognise the ARMA II install and OA install?

- Then be able to buy both PMC and BAF DLCs?

It's an issue that has cropped up, after trying to buy the DLCs in the Steam midweek madness sale. Would one maybe need to move the Arma2 install folder to the "D:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\common" folder, or do a fresh install into that "common" directory, or no option left but to buy Arma2 again from Steam?

no, the STEAM system needs you own the OA game on the account itself ...

yes, because the DLCs are for OA ...

Hello, I bought Arma II in midweek sale on Steam . I donwload it and its in EN, but my friend bought it too and they have it in CZ. Can be changed Lang from ENG to CZ?

CZE: Zdravím, VÄera jsem si koupil Armu 2 v Midweek akci na steamu. Stahl jsem ji a mam ji v ENG, ale mí přátele ji maji v CZ a maji ji taky koupenou ze steamu. jde nejak aktivovat cestina na steamu?

Dekuji za odpoved

officially no, next time please pay attention on product page in what language(s) the product is available, ARMA 2 was only in English ...