gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

are you running STEAM.exe via "Run as Administrator" ?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4950-EKAM-2644

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5688-IFHZ-2170

the thing is that the error you see is STEAM error not our game error ...

try erase registry this entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

I have the Steam version of arma2 , arma2oa and the British dlc.

I have no problems joining 'normal' cd install servers etc.

However, there are a few points he should be aware of...

first, if your running arma2 only... arma2 oa wont see the server at all.

if you start the server with ao, he needs to as well...

sounds obvious? its not.

combined ops makes it a bit different. steam version of combined ops, you have to run a BATCH file... tell him to find that batchfile, and run it. (or go into the steam browser and use the link there.)

if you use mods, the steam version gets a bit messier... you can add the mods into the steam launcher... but your always stuck with them. instead, copy the batch file, and down at the bottom, you can add specific mods via commandline.. and u can have alot of diff setups for that with more than one batchfile.

(hope i made sense! sometimes i go off on tangents lol)

goodluck!

gk

Thanks for your help on this, i finally managed to get addons working which meant i could join our clans server but i must point out that steam have yet again really screwed things up!!! you guys (STEAM) are selling products that are not fully compatible with your operating platform, yes you have the base running but people want to enhance their experience by using mods and you guys should have really prepared for this. Please comunicate with Bohemia to try and resolve your outstanding bugs with this sim. I mean cmon guys with the amount of money you are charging for titles surely you can afford to get a team on board to help on these type of issues??? I would REALLY be interetsed in receiving an honest answer from steam about this and why claim to support a product when in actual fact you guys don't!!

Please help me i am pulling my hair off!

I have steams arma 2 co and i want to have these addons. And this is my set launch in steam.

-nosplash -world=empty "-mod=@CBA;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@A CEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU"

And this is my run A2CO "edit" line. "%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@jayarma2lib;@a cre;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM"

This error appers now. Include file\x\cba\addons script macros_common.hpp not found.

Before the error problem, the CO started and the addons where listed in expension but not in the game, it was only arma2 who was listed to upper right.

I dont now what i am doing wrong.

Regards Pelle

hey guys. got a question.

i got arma 2 as a dvd version. I want to download the arrowhead via steam.

so question is, how will i connect these two for run combined ops? i searched the thread a bit but couldn't find it. anybody want to point me to the right direction?is this thing is possible?

Hey quick question, where are the Mission editor saves, on the Steam version of OA. I need to find the folders to put in scripts and I have no clue where to find them?

Hey lately I have been having multiplayer trouble with OA.

Now I have Retail version of Arma 2, but I have Arrowhead and BAF Steam. I did what dwarden has posted earlier in this forum about using the Windows batch file, so you can run Combined operations. But on some servers I get a Debug error. Mostly it says to check the WF_Logic inside the editor to check to see if the correct ammount of towns are set. I have no idead what that means, but it won't let me purchase units. However I can still purchase gear. This is for online multiplayer CTI maps, and their are no additional mods on these maps. The other debug error I get is about Money. That isn't much of a problem, all it does is reset my funds, I still get them, and I can purchase units. And also occasionally I get missing mission addons like BAF_CH47 addon, and M4-EOTECH. Also I noticed that when I use the Batch file, and after the Game loads and I check the expansions tab it has Arma 2 Running twice. I don't know if this effects anything, but feedback on this would be well appreaciated, Thank you Ringo

P.S. I found where the Steam saved games are stored. Ignore the previous post, I don't know how to delete it.

I have a AMD Phenom Quad-core 1.80Ghz, 4gig Ram, Nvidia Galaxy GT220 video card, and I run Windows Vista. Lastest version.:yay:

Edited by x_ringo_x

Guys I am trying to get the Isla Duala mod to work from within my Steam ARMA2 CO folder.

I purchased the original ARMA2 and OA via Steam and the other day (after a few hours of dicking around....not impressed) managed to get them to work as CO.

Since then I have moved my mod folders (@ACE, ACBA etc) into the expansions folder in OA and then added the applicable -mod line to the 'launch options' in Steam. The mods have been working fine.

However today I tried to do the same thing for Isla Duala 1.81 (@duala) and for some reason it does not seem to work. If I go to the 'expansions' tab within CO I see that @duala is enabled however if I go to the editor there is no map nor content.

Is anyone able to assist?

PS: Why is this all so hard with Steam and CO? It used to be fairly straight forward before CO!

running STEAM as admin ?

any security software?

any nonstandard software?

Set it to run as admin and I have Zone Alarm running. Non-standard software being what? Earlier I even tried turning off my ZA, TS, Xfire and everything to run OA still didn't work I messed with the properties to make it minimized, full, etc, compatibility, nothing has worked as of so far.

Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit

ATI Radeon HD 5750 1 gig

Intel Core Duo Proc 2.6 Ghz

some ASUS motherboard

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Hey quick question, where are the Mission editor saves, on the Steam version of OA. I need to find the folders to put in scripts and I have no clue where to find them?

My docs > Arma 2 Other Profiles > Mission Name

Edited by SGTIce

I have two times in short succsession experienced this:

MP games start to crash around base structures. Consistenly. Other players get the battleye failed message from me. I CTD.

I check my steam cache, and it redownloads about 800mb of data.

What could be causing such massive corruptions? Betas?

betas aren't touching anything in the game files they have own subdirectory

it might be flaw in some addon you installed (e.g. community tool or installer) or mislook when copy / extracted etc

Hi everyone,

i have 2 steam accounts,one with A2,A2 OA and BAF

while the other has only A2 and A2Oa

I want to install CO but retail version,i ll extract keys from steam

the question is how can i install A2:CO from the second account and baf from the first one

thanks,

You need to to install it using the first one (all 3 titles) first

hi guys, after that last update on new version i cant connect on most of server. some are not accesable couse of new version and from other ones i get automaticly kicked out. i tried to reinstall battle eye it didnt helped. where can be problem?

I have the same problem after the patch. Cannot connect to any server.

The mission downloads ok and i pick a soldier but when right before i should get into the game it just reloads the menu again. No messages.

Ive tried to reinstall battleeye.

hm didnt helped so far when i check BAF in steam for update history its blank, so i uninstalled it,nothing. i also installed that battleye which u provided. but seems like steam have some problem with updating battleye on arma2 its unavailable.

Really rediculous how many of us have it form STEAM and we cannot get on BATTLEeye servers due to this. I have also bought last nite the full version of BAF and tried it with the patch and still no go. It is not initializing battleye. I tried using the OABattleye intall, even after uninstalling it and still it does not WORK. Really rediculous, hope BIS is paying overtime to get a HOTFIX out TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hm didnt helped so far when i check BAF in steam for update history its blank, so i uninstalled it,nothing. i also installed that battleye which u provided. but seems like steam have some problem with updating battleye on arma2 its unavailable.

BAF is already up2date on STEAM including the hotfix

You can't see BAF history because theirs system points to wrong appID page

each ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA have own BE installer

they are part of STEAM dataset by default

check inside STEAM directory \Steamapps\Common\

\ARMA 2\BEsetup\

\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\BEsetup\

but i suggest You run steam via "Run as administrator"

i am allways like admin logged in shouldnt be prob there. and i manualy tried to update battleye too didnt helped even when i tried files which bettleye have on their official sites

we had to password our server until this battleye issue is resolved. Tried the above recommended and none of us can join a battleye enabled game server. There is still something wrong.

Steam updated my game to 1.55 but arma2oaserver.exe is still version 1.52. Where can I download the Windows 1.55 dedicated exe ? Or do I have to wait for another beta ? Can't BIS put it up on their webpage somewhere ? The Linux 1.55 is there, but the Win version is not.

Nevermind, found it in Steam tools.

Edited by Robalo_AS