Open with notepad/textpad/another text editor. Also you may want to associate sqf files with that text editor so that double-clicking will automatically open it instead of having to do "open with" every time.

My Briefing in a Singleplayer Mission is being skipped after the Intro and the mission starts right away. How can I prevent this :confused::confused:

I have a basic intro script, at the end of it I'm destroying the camera with the standard commands:

_camera cameraEffect ["terminate", "back"]
camDestroy _camera
exit

However I have to insert

endMission "End1"

for the intro to stop on it's own. Without the endMission command I have to end the intro manually (skip it with Spacebar).

Well in either case the Briefing does not appear prior to the mission instead the Mission begins right away...

What do you hagve in your description.ext? Because it's possible to disable briefings and debriefings...

In only have CfgMusic and CfgRadio in the description.ext

Nothing about briefings or debriefings.

Hm, then try to add:

Briefing = 1;
Debriefing = 1;

to your description.ext.

I added it but it did not help. My briefing is broken now anyway since I switched from stringtable.csv to stringtable.xml - it doesn't even appear in the preview in the mission editor. But I don't think this should have an influence on the mission starting right away after the intro.

Do I need to call anything apart from the briefing in the init.sqf?

Ah yeah forgot about the .rpt

Indeed it contains some Briefing related information and I was able to restore the briefing itsself. I had forgotten to remove a bracket after trying to get markers to work in the briefing and the stringtable.xml (do you happen to know how to insert markers and line breaks in a multilanguage briefing with a stringtable?).

Thanks for your help so far IndeedPete.

The original problem with the Briefing being skipped still exists though.

Hm, i'm not working with stringtables so i can't help you there. Did you try not to use a stringtable - only for testing?

Yes I did try that - it did not work either.

Edit:

I found a piece of information in the Ofpec.com forum:

In ArmA II, despite the fact that it now relies on the briefing.sqf for the main part of the briefing, you still need a briefing.html file for it to show the briefing before the mission starts. Since you don't have one, the mission starts without showing the briefing. What's different in ArmA II, however, is the briefing.html need only include the debriefing sections.[...]

Source: http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34437.msg236989#msg236989

I think this should solve my problem. I really don't like how complicated Briefings in Arma2 became. I find the Briefings in HTML format in Arma and Ofp much easier to use and more clearly laid out :(

Edited by zwobot

Oh dear, i totally forgot the briefing.html. I use it but rarely look into it so i forgot it. :rolleyes:

HI I have a problem . when I get in the mission and go to "Tasks" It only shows me 1 .

I want the 3 "Tasks" . I am doing something wrong ? here is my briefing :

player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["*Tittle Here*", "*You are a special force soldier you objective is to clean the town of enemies insurgents , Kill the enemy Commander and escape alive ,the game will end when you finish all the objectives. you are not alone in this mission you have a medic in your hands so use it carefully . GOOD LUCK!*"]];

tskobj1 = player createSimpleTask["Clean the town of enemies"];

tskobj1 setSimpleTaskDescription ["get out of the chopper, move and clean the town of enemies insurgents,"let's do it"];

tskobj1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "obj1");

tskobj2 = player createSimpleTask["Kill the enemy Commander"];

tskobj2 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Kill the enemy Commander in the town,"let's do it"];

tskobj2 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "obj2");

tskobj3 = player createSimpleTask["go to the load zone to escape!"];

tskobj3 setSimpleTaskDescription ["go to the load zone to escape! but first you have to clean the town of enemies insurgents and kill the Commander! to end the mission.,"let's do it"];

tskobj3 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "obj3");

It only shows me 1 task this one

tskobj1 = player createSimpleTask["Clean the town of enemies"];

tskobj1 setSimpleTaskDescription ["get out of the chopper, move and clean the town of enemies insurgents,"let's do it"];

tskobj1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "obj1");

EDIT: I found the problem

Edited by zombo

When you don't see all of your tasks of notes, you've made a mistake somewhere in your code.

From what I can see in your example, you forgot a double-quote in your setSimpleTaskDescription commands. Always double check if you using the correct amount of arguments when you have a problem like this.

How do I add tasks/set tasks that have a description next to them under 'tasks'? I can only get a blank panel to the right of the task list, when it is selected.

Cheers.

how to make the briefing appear in the start of the mission ?

how to make the briefing appear in the start of the mission ?

In the editor? Hold SHIFT when pressing preview.

How do I add tasks/set tasks that have a description next to them under 'tasks'? I can only get a blank panel to the right of the task list, when it is selected.

Cheers.

Any ideas, scripting guru's?

In the editor? Hold SHIFT when pressing preview.
Or if you're exporting to singleplayer, put this in your init.sqf

Code:

execVM "briefing.sqf";

no sry for the misunderstood :o this is hard for me to explain because I speak in spanish.

the briefing is already done and yes I can see him in the game when I press M .

I want the briefing appear before the mission start (not in the editor) so the player has time for read the task like in the Missions of Harvest red or EW

no sry for the misunderstood :o this is hard for me to explain because I speak in spanish.

the briefing is already done and yes I can see him in the game when I press M .

I want the briefing appear before the mission start (not in the editor) so the player has time for read the task like in the Missions of Harvest red or EW

exactly. u need an init.sqf file and put that code in there so it executes the briefing before the mission begins. then when u play in singleplayer, it will show the map, tasks, and info before the mission begins without having to press M.

Really quick question.

A few weeks back I was looking around here and I thought I saw a post that discussed the ability to create a task that is for all playable units without having to create each task separately for each playable unit individually. At the time I did not save that and now I can't find it again/

Is that possible and if so, how would I go about setting that up?

Are you talking about taskmaster? That doesn't avoid creating the task for all units, but it does handle doing it for you.

Are you talking about taskmaster? That doesn't avoid creating the task for all units, but it does handle doing it for you.

It could have been, not sure. But I'll look into it.

Thank