Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

High Command Module

i wanted to know if anybody can help , i am the high commander in a mission i made to play with some friends later on tonight , but when i die i can't use the high command system anymore ,, i am no expert and just leaning like many others , is there a way to still command units or whole army with high command after i die then respawn into another unit ? this is really stopping my creative fun

Is this module works between AI commander to AI subordinates?

Could they take advantage on sharing the information about their enemies over no related 2 AI groups?

Is it possible for a group to become a subordinate only after a trigger is activated?

I've run into a situation where I have created my command levels and started my teams in the back of a vehicle. In the command system I can't find a way to get them to disembark. How do I do this.

Unfortunately you can't disembark troops via the HC orders. You would have to teamswitch to the leaders and order them to disembark manually with the group commands.

As far as I know it has been said by a BI developer that it is not even planned to add mount and dismount orders to the HC module. What a pity...

Thanks zwo for the feeback. Everytime I deal with this module, I get the impression that BIS finished about 75% of it and just said "ah, thats good enough". There could be so much more to get it more like the old COC system.

Everytime I deal with this module, I get the impression that BIS finished about 75% of it and just said "ah, thats good enough".

Indeed, the high command module could be so much better. And it really should, because it's definitely a great module, adding yet another dimension to the game.

Unfortunately, the high command module is up to now only an interface for the player (which is great though). What I really would like to see, is the AI counterpart to it: beeing able to placeing enemy (or friendly AI) groups in the editor, linking them up with the hc modules, ready, go.

Sure, AI would need some kind of goal to make use of this, but this is really not much different from the existing waypoint system and could work well together: give the AI high commander in charge a regular waypoint that would define the goal and the useage of its subs. Get this working with the most basic waypoint types, and it would be already awesome:

• HOLD: AI high commander organises a defence at his waypoint position, using the available subs in the best way possible
  • GUARD: AI high commander is waiting until enemy is spotted, the decides how to hunt them with his subs available.
  • SUPPORT: AI high commander is waiting until friendlies need support, then decides what to do.
  • DESTROY: AI high commander organises an attack, using his available subs.

Instant awesomeness!

Just remember to use it in conjunction with the Hybrid commanding system that centipede and company have posted in this thread I use it in all my missions and it's great eve in MP. Hopefully BIS will someday finish this up!

Los

I can't seem to get HC to work with OA troops.

Can someone else try this to confirm?

Place 2 CZ special forces teams on a map. Place the 2 HC Modules on the map and do the basic HC module set-up. One team sync'd to the HC-Commander module and the other team sync'd to the HC-Subordinate module.

Go in game to preview and try to command the group. Only the HC-Commander team is shown in the HC team menu(ctrl+spacebar) at the bottom of the screen.

Is this just me? I can't seem to get it to work.

If you can, please post the mission.

Thank you in advance.

Anyone? For the life of me I can't seem to get even the simplest HC structure to work in OA.

Hey BIS, does it not work or is it just me?

If it does, can someone post an example mission for me to test. I've used HC countless times in A2 missions I've made but I can't get it to work in OA. I'm kinda stuck releasing any new missions until I figure this out.

EDIT:

I think it's a conflict. I'll have to dig deeper and I'll post what I find.

My apologies for my confusion.

Edited by Manzilla

Place 2 CZ special forces teams on a map. Place the 2 HC Modules on the map and do the basic HC module set-up. One team sync'd to the HC-Commander module and the other team sync'd to the HC-Subordinate module.

Have you synched the Commander module (as in the actual icon) to the subordinate module?

This has an example simple high command mission. It also has an issue I posted.

I've never managed to get chains of command to work. I think it is not implemented fully yet. High command needs lost of improvements. Hopefully it will get them.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9961

Is there any way to get units to mount/dismount using the high command module? I see an option for "interact" but it is always greyed out.

Even the ability to give radio triggers to specific commands would be nice Alpha = "Mount" Bravo = "Dismount" Charlie = "Land" ect. It would allow for a little more freedom than placing waypoints on the map, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to implement something like that

I would like to figure out how to get a helo transport script like is used in the Arma campaign. (The helo would land anywhere, pick you up and drop you off anywhere, and then rtb). Although it still wouldn't help with giving orders to the units using the HC module =\

I think embark / disembark of units with HC is not possible at the moment. The other day I saw you can place a waypoint and change it to "GET IN" afterwards but how do you tell the group where to get into?

I'm afraid you can't make a unit mount and dismount vehicles with out of the box HC functionality.

Would be cool if more work would be put into the module, especially chain of commands and vehicle management so that it becomes more like CEX for Arma...

Is there any real way to use the Cmd => Sub Cmmd modules in a cordidnated way?? It seems that Sub Cmmd units (AI) just recklessly go after anyone and everyone once contact is made......Not only do they not follow High Cmmd commands...but they don't even fight as a unit themselves.....with individuals running all over the place once the shooting starts...

There is really no way to micro-manage Sub Cmd Module units....and without the ability to micro manage them....They become just rather silly and foolish with how they go about themselves....

Edited by meade95

i wanted to know if anybody can help , i am the high commander in a mission i made to play with some friends later on tonight , but when i die i can't use the high command system anymore ,, i am no expert and just leaning like many others , is there a way to still command units or whole army with high command after i die then respawn into another unit ? this is really stopping my creative fun

I suppose you ahve probably already found a solution to this but I have recently figured one out.

Make a gamelogic called "server", put in a player. Put in a HC module.

Sync the HC module to player, Synch the HC module to the gamelogic.

Make the HC module in a group with the player as a subordinate.

Although this means you will have a player in your team that cant do anything it will keep everything synched.

So you can leave the server, come back as that player and the HC should still be working.

personally i find that high command only works best at the Platoon level. Plus thats where you get the best action yourself too! =]

nowadays all the company level commander does is sit in a command post reading emails and talking on phones. its no fun. then again, being an officer in general isnt fun.

then again being in the army isnt really fun now that i think of it.

i digress, back on subject i havent found any luck really with the whole multiple commanders linked to the same chain of command thing. in using HC mode, youll find it best operates at the platoon level. if you need a template for a realistic Platoon, just let me know and ill hook you up. being in the army im addicted to this fricken game.

sorry i cant help any further =/

Thx, but I found the solution) Now I'm a company commander and have 3 Pl leader in command. I give them order and they transmitts it to their squad leader. Just add to all modules' init "this setvariable ["chainofcommand",true];".

There're 2 ways/ first - you create the squad with group chain of command (light blue stripe) and then sync it with SUB-HC modules to the Pl leader. Second when you create every soldier and sync it via SUB-HC modules to the Squad leader and then Sq leader via SUB-HC modules to the Pl leader in his turn.

I don't know what the way is the best but in second e.g. BMP couldn't carelessly smash soldier in squad like it often occurs in first variant. Really don't know why. But in second doesn't work arma's medic system because every unit is standalone.

The only problem is when the Pl leader is killed the COC became broken. I figure there's a way to create ability of commanding via sync SUB-HC modules not only Pl leader but every soldier in Pl stuff squad. May be it helps.

good to know, ill give that a try later when i get off shift.

also, a tip for mounted operations, what i do is i set a radio trigger that tells my mounted element (stryker/bmp/bradley formation) to stop no matter what it does, in fear of having my dismounted troops pasted against a city wall somewhere. just throw this in the repeatable radio trigger's On Act line:

bmp1 forcespeed 0; bmp2 forcespeed 0; bmp3 forcespeed 0.

then bam, they stop running amok. to get them going again, say if you want them to displace from their battle position to a new one, set up another radio trigger (bravo) repeatable, and have the On Act field say:

bmp1 forcespeed -1; bmp2 forcespeed -1; bmp3 forcespeed -1

this brings it back to default speed, letting them move when your infantry are well out of the street pizza zone.

hope that helps m8, i know you helped me lol.

Ok. I'll try it tonight.

Found the solution of "is there a way to create ability of commanding via sync SUB-HC modules not only Pl leader but every soldier in Pl stuff squad?"

Yep - just make the Pl stuff like a grouped squad and sync every soldier of stuff with SUB of Company commander and Squads' HC. Now - if you kill Pl his soldiers in stuff will take the command in their turn one by one.

Tonight I'll show my Company's structure with all screens and examples.

Also I added the script ov riding on armour od bmp , activated by trigger - radio alpha - mount and bravo - dismount. This a little simple but has some great advantages - it allows have all you troops mounted and got to the battle field like it is done IRL.

Now the trouble is on PL level - when I set the waypoint all pl bmp (3 one) go to one point and are trying to stop armour to armour. Is there a way to let them choose several types - line , column, e.g. via script

Edited by Geier

Idk, i think its really an untouched feature of the HC module, but i trust BIS in fixin it *bat whatever eyelashes i have*

but what it does is it issues the waypoint, in its exact position to all the subordinate units, causing them to have a traffic jam of sorts.

but yeah, the mount and dismount thing i found was very useful. had a blast today clearing shapur with a stryker infantry platoon using HC module. 3 Dismounted squads takin the fight to the enemy and 4 strykers providing support by fire while i kept my m240 teams on rooftops and commanding the maneuvers from the rooftops with my platoon sgt (all AI of course).

i love how realistic this game can be sometimes.

Can anybody please give me the link for some high command operation arrowhead user made missions. ... I want to command an army like the pmc days of old...but can't find any missions at all.

Cheers, Impi

hello, i consider my self a good mission maker but I can't get the high command working for COOP missions. Can somebody give me the steps to setup module to run. The mission is ground units (players) I want the player commader to have a few tank platoons and some air units under his control using the high command. i KNOW IT works in warfare mode but how do I get it to work for COOP missions. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!