Does anyone know if I can have russian ground patrols and USMC patrols air only, with no USMC ground units?

Could I perhaps use two Ambient Combat Modules, one for russian ground patrols and another for USMC air patrols?

This should work.

[[[b][i]Let this empty[/i][/b]], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;
[bIS_ACM, ["USMC_InfSquad","RU_Mi24VSquadron","RU_TankPlatoon"]] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

These are the group class names of all factions:

// USMC

USMC_InfSquad

USMC_FireTeam

USMC_FireTeam_MG

USMC_FireTeam_AT

USMC_FireTeam_Support

USMC_HeavyATTeam

USMC_SniperTeam

USMC_FRTeam

USMC_FRTeam_Razor

USMC_MotInfSection

USMC_MotInfSection_AT

USMC_MechInfSquad

USMC_MechReconSection

USMC_TankPlatoon

USMC_AH1ZSquadron

USMC_UH1YSquadron

USMC_MV22Squadron

USMC_MQ9Squadron

USMC_F35Squadron

USMC_AV8BFighterSquadron

USMC_AV8BBomberSquadron

// CDF

CDF_InfSquad

CDF_InfSquad_Weapons

CDF_InfSection_AT

CDF_InfSection_AA

CDF_InfSection_MG

CDF_InfSection_Patrol

CDF_SniperTeam

CDF_MotInfSquad

CDF_MotInfSection

CDF_MotInfSection_Weapons

CDF_MechInfSquad

CDF_MechReconSection

CDF_MechATSection

CDF_TankPlatoon

CDF_Mi24DSquadron

CDF_Mi8Squadron

// RU

RU_InfSquad

RU_InfSection

RU_InfSection_AT

RU_InfSection_AA

RU_InfSection_MG

RU_SniperTeam

RUS_ReconTeam

MVD_AssaultTeam

RU_MotInfSquad

RU_MotInfSection_Recon

RU_MotInfSection_Patrol

RU_MechInfSquad_1

RU_MechInfSquad_2

RU_TankPlatoon

RU_Mi24VSquadron

RU_Mi24PSquadron

RU_Pchela1TSquadron

RU_Ka52Squadron

RU_Mi8Squadron

RU_Su34FighterSquadron

// INS

INS_InfSquad

INS_InfSquad_Weapons

INS_InfSection_AT

INS_InfSection_AA

INS_SniperTeam

INS_MilitiaSquad

INS_MotInfSquad

INS_MotInfSection

INS_MechInfSquad

INS_MechInfSection

INS_MechInfSection_AT

INS_TankSection

INS_Mi8Squadron

// GUE

GUE_InfSquad

GUE_InfSquad_Assault

GUE_InfSquad_Weapons

GUE_InfTeam_1

GUE_InfTeam_2

GUE_InfTeam_AT

GUE_GrpInf_TeamAA

GUE_GrpInf_TeamSniper

GUE_MilitiaSquad

GUE_MotInfSection

GUE_MotInfSquad

GUE_MechInfSection

GUE_MechInfSquad

GUE_TankSection

// CIV (not supported with ACM)

CIV_Crowd

CIV_City_1

CIV_City_2

CIV_Village_1

CIV_Village_2

I have been testing "BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc". It is to be set to a value between 0 and 1. If I set it anything less than 1 (0.something) nothing is spawned.

Can someone test this?

can anyone list what kinds of patrols there is?

ive seen ground and air mentined..

is that all?

or are there armor, foot, vehicle, boat and so on?

This should work.

[[[b][i]Let this empty[/i][/b]], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;
[bIS_ACM, ["USMC_InfSquad","RU_Mi24VSquadron","RU_TankPlatoon"]] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

Weirdly, this didn't work for me. However, when I added a faction back in the first line (instead of leaving the array blank) it did. It even worked with when I swapped the side over (see example):

[[uSMC], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;
[bIS_ACM, ["RU_TankPlatoon"]] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

With this, I got nothing but Russian tanks for 15 minutes and not a single USMC unit. Maybe the ACM just needs at least one faction in there to function, but then disregards it if you use the addGroupClassesFunc afterwards?

Dave

Actually, what is even weirder is that I forgot quotation marks around the USMC, returning an .rpt error. Yet somehow, it had the desired effect regardless. I'm sure that there is an explanation, but someone more knowledgeable than me will have to come up with !

Edited by Daveyboy154

ok, i´ve got a small problem with the ACM module..

i made a init.sqf and this is what i have in it..

waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"}};

waitUntil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"};

//Sets frequency and number of patrols (0-1). BIS_ACM is module name

[1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

//min max spawn distance

[bIS_ACM, 200, 1000] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

//factions to be spawned

[["INS", "GUE", "USMC"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

//Skill range for spawned units

[0.01, 0.5, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;

//Amount of ammo spawned units possess

[0.2, 1.0, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;

//Type of patrol. With 0 meaning no chance of appearing, and 1 meaning 100% chance. -1 removes patrol type completely.

["ground_patrol", 1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

["air_patrol", -1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

but still i get USMC and other Air patrols flying around...

most USMC though.

and in 1hr i havnt encountered one single enemy soldier exept for those i manually put in the editor.

i also have another problem but thats not AMC related so i´ll take that in the SOM module thread instead.

I guess I'm gonna wait till I can get a hold of someone's DAC script edited for arma 2. This doesn't sound like it will work too well for MP, and on top of that you have to blacklist 90% of the map where you DON"T want things to spawn and it takes too long to configure. Why couldn't they make it as easy to configure as any one of the scripters?

If I synch this module with the teamleader, will enemies spawn around the other soldiers in that group? Say that I am the teamleader and my friend (MP) in the same group goes away a couple of km. Are enemies spawned around the both of us the same way for both clients?

@The Shadow

I think that it has to do with the initializations, but i'm not sure. The first 2 lines should prevent that, but sometimes I get rpt errors (and other times I don't despite not changing anything!)

Just going on my own trial and error experience, maybe put your code in a seperate sqf and execVM it from the init.sqf instead. Have it a couple of lines down, or even after a "sleep 1", to see if that helps. It's not like it would spawn any patrols in the first second of a mission anyway.

Dave

Ok, been reading this, the biki and trying myself.

I dont think ACM is good enough for my purposes, its best suited SP. I hope by this post I can be told otherwise. Atleast I hope to shed some light about some things out of curiousity.

1 - Is it compatible with MP?

2 - How does the enemy units spawn around the group (SP and MP)? Is it the leader that is the middlepoint or are units spawning around all members? Will the density go down if the group get splitted or will the leader have all enemies and the rest will get less and see units getting spawned or disapear depending on distance to the leader?

3 - Can I synch this to a gamelogic and have enemies spawning around that location? Will that mean that units will pop up and disapear if Im getting to far away from that GL?

4 - Why oh why is airborne groups scripted to fly over me? I dont like the feeling of being special. This gameserie is for me all about being one guy among others in a war, not a hero nor the center of attention.

Some things I could find out by myself if I had time, but it takes too much time to even see the result of one scenario in SP..

This seems like a good idea for quick and easy SP gameplay, but for MP I cant see much serious use for it. I guess I have to wait for DAC..

can i use a marker to make a no-spawn zone? how do i do that?

I've placed my ACM (nomin_acm1) on the map, synched it with a playable group and given it the following command in ininit.sqf:

[0, nomin_acm1] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

Hence no unit will spawn around my group until I raise the value 0. I only want the action to start when the players group enters a certain trigger area. Thus I feed my ACM the following line of code when the player enter the trigger:

[1, nomin_acm1] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

That should work, right? And now some questions.

1) Can I execute the code [1, nomin_acm1] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc; directly from the triggers activation field? I cannot see any reason why not, so...

2) What happens if a player Joins in Progress after the change is made. Will this init-launch revert the ACM to it's zero setting again?

3) Is it possible to make all changes of the ACM values from a script that is only running on the server in a MP game? Or does the ACM values also need to be changed on all clients in a network game.

ACM can be used in multi. I didn't run a lot of test but enough to know it will work. When the WHOLE group is dead, the ACM stop. So to use ACM with respawn, you need to be able to create the module via scripting. On my server loop I use this:

_LogicCenter = createCenter sideLogic;
_LogicGroup = createGroup _LogicCenter;
_array = [P1, P2, P3, P4];

while {true} do {

for [{_i=0}, {_i < count _array}, {_i=_i+1}] do {

if (!(isNull (_array select _i))) then {

_cnt = {!isNil {_x getVariable "acm"}} count (units group (_array select _i));

if (_cnt == 0) then {

_ACMMod = _LogicGroup createUnit ["AmbientCombatManager", [0, 0, 0], [], 0, ""];
			_ACMMod synchronizeObjectsAdd [(_array select _i)];

};

};

};

sleep 10;

};

The four players are name P1, P2, P3 and P4 and they each have their fireteam with up to 3 bots. The script check is someone in the group is still synchronized to the ACM (if the acm is still running). If not, it start one.

Edited by norm6669

Can someone please tell me if my syntax is correct? I have tried so many different ways to specify groups with ACM and i have had no luck. this is the closest i have come from reading through this entire thread

waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"}};

waitUntil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"};

//Sets frequency and number of patrols (0-1). BIS_ACM is module name

[1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

//min max spawn distance

[bIS_ACM, 300, 600] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

//factions to be spawned

[["RU"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

//Skill range for spawned units

[0, 0.6, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;

//Amount of ammo spawned units possess

[0.2, 0.5, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;

//Type of patrol. With 0 meaning no chance of appearing, and 1 meaning 100% chance. -1 removes patrol type completely.

["air_patrol", 0, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

[["RU_InfSquad", "RU_InfSection", "RU_SniperTeam", "RUS_ReconTeam", "RU_MotInfPatrol"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

Edited by Devil_Orchestra

I need some help as well. No matter what I do in the config I get the same couple of helicopters and a few friendly/enemy armored units aimlessly loitering around the map. I waited for over 5 mins on x4 time for something epic to happen - no luck there. Here are the contents of my init.sqf (placed in mission folder):

waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_ACM getVariable “initDoneâ€}};

waitUntil {BIS_ACM getVariable “initDoneâ€};

[100, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

[bIS_ACM, 40, 300] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

[["INS", "CDF"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

[0.3, 0.8, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;

[0.6, 0.9, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;

["air_patrol", 0.6, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

Any suggestions?

I need some help as well. No matter what I do in the config I get the same couple of helicopters and a few friendly/enemy armored units aimlessly loitering around the map. I waited for over 5 mins on x4 time for something epic to happen - no luck there. Here are the contents of my init.sqf (placed in mission folder):

Any suggestions?

For me ACM purpose to give you a sense that you're in a war, that you might run into a random patrol. Not making a huge engagement. So that ACM wont bog down your PC as much.

If your purpose is to witness a large battle going on, ACM probably wont be able to do it. If ACM happened to have a large battle going on, I think it was pure luck. Or you run into one of the enemy, had an engagement and the rest of the enemy on map will come and support the fight... Could happen, never actually try it

ACM can be used in multi. I didn't run a lot of test but enough to know it will work.

The four players are name P1, P2, P3 and P4 and they each have their fireteam with up to 3 bots.

Good to know!

But what happens if two players are close to each other, is the enemy density doubled? And what happens if all players are in the same group?

I cant test this myself as Im away on a job..

1. So, from what I've gathered, setting which factions in the sqf file has no effect on the ACM. My mission that should only have GUE and INS still had a Russian BTR90 show up to the party uninvited. Has anyone found a way to make this work?

2. Is the proper name for the independent side GER or GUE or GUR? I've seen it all of those ways. Of course, right now it's a moot point because I don't know how to configure the ACM anyhow.

I want to get this config to work. It really is gonna make 3 of my missions just about perfect.

If your purpose is to witness a large battle going on, ACM probably wont be able to do it. If ACM happened to have a large battle going on, I think it was pure luck. Or you run into one of the enemy, had an engagement and the rest of the enemy on map will come and support the fight... Could happen, never actually try it

I dont know, i always have the density on one (Though significantly lowered the chance for air patrols) and its not rare to see 6 squads fighting within a square kilometer. Then again, its also not rare to not see any battles for 20 minutes. ;)

Also, if you dont move around the chance to run into ground patrols is very small. If you wait at your starting position it will take forever to see something happen. :p

2. Is the proper name for the independent side GER or GUE or GUR? I've seen it all of those ways. Of course, right now it's a moot point because I don't know how to configure the ACM anyhow.

Think it is GUER.

Think it is GUER.

Hmm... do you think if I put the wrong name in that line, it would just void the entire line and go back to the default, which is all 5 factions being present?

If I make 2 ACMs sync'd to different units, will there be twice as many patrols?

i've been trying this for two days and still even when i jack up the density all i ever see are two helicopters flying by (if im lucky)