Sign in to follow this  
The Masta

How do I setup the UAV?

Still i got frustrating how to setup and flying the UAV and hardly i need this feature on ArmA2 working for my spec op missions.

I already following all the procedure here still the action menu did't appear when i get very close to the terminal.

Is there any video tutorial for this UAV?

Thank you,

Ary

A Bump on the UAV after 1.02

It improved a lot : you can switch black/white hot vision, camera is more stable, mini map

Only thing missing now is a "lock on target" key like in the camera.sqf

Thank you BIS, keep up the good work.

Still i got frustrating how to setup and flying the UAV and hardly i need this feature on ArmA2 working for my spec op missions.

I already following all the procedure here still the action menu did't appear when i get very close to the terminal.

Is there any video tutorial for this UAV?

Thank you,

Ary

Same here. Nothing shows up when I get near the UAV Terminal.

*EDIT*Got it to work. I was using the "UAV Terminal" from Warfare Buildings under "BLUFOR>>Class>>Warfare Buildings" instead of "EMPTY>>Class>>Warfare Buildings". Working now. Can you control the zoom of the camera?

Edited by BOTA:16

ive tried setheight and flyinheight commands and it stays alive but like you said as soon as it sees a red dot on the redar it goes down like crazy and crashes. :(

nameOfUAV disableAI "TARGET"

umm.... how can i create an empty vehicle or an empty UAV terminal? when im just placing a terminal i cant get an option when i press the interaction key.

umm.... how can i create an empty vehicle or an empty UAV terminal? when im just placing a terminal i cant get an option when i press the interaction key.

Step 1.) F1>>2x Click on Map

SIDE: BLUEFOR; FACTION: USMC; CLASS: Men; CONTROL: Player; UNIT: Rifleman

Step 2.) F1>>2x Click on Map

SIDE: BLUEFOR; FACTION: USMC; CLASS: Air; CONTROL: Nonplayable; UNIT: MQ-9; SPECIAL: Flying or None (If NONE then makes sure the MQ-9 has adequate room on a runway to take off.)

Step 3.) F1>>2x Click on Map

SIDE: EMPTY; FACTION: USMC; CLASS: Warfare Buildings; CONTROL: Nonplayable; UNIT: UAV Terminal

Step 4.) F7>>2x Click on Map

UNIT: UAV

5.) F5

Left Click and drag a line from #1, #2, and #3 to the UAV Module (#4).

Hope that helps.

How do you control the UAV? Do you just use the same controls as flying a plane? Because mine isn't working :(

I have a problem as well. Works great in editor but no option appears when moved to dedicated server.

Maybe I could try to synch it with a "server" game logic as well?

How do you make the UAV respawn'able in MP ?

I'm looking for an answer to this! I've been trying various techniques to get the UAV to respawn after it's been shot down, and I can get the UAV to respawn, but I can't get the UAV module to allow you to use it. Once the first UAV gets shot down, you can't use the ones that have respawned. I tried using SynchronizeObjectsAdd, but it didn't work. Does anyone have the solution to this problem?

I'm looking for an answer to this! I've been trying various techniques to get the UAV to respawn after it's been shot down, and I can get the UAV to respawn, but I can't get the UAV module to allow you to use it. Once the first UAV gets shot down, you can't use the ones that have respawned. I tried using SynchronizeObjectsAdd, but it didn't work. Does anyone have the solution to this problem?

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm still struggling with this. I can't find a solution that isn't going into the module and changing the code there (which I have no idea how to do!)

Maybe this should work: Upon destruction of the first UAV, delete the logic. Respawn a new UAV and also create a new UAV module. Directly after you have created the UAV module, you have to synchronize them all.

I also have the problem. Works fine if I host it from my PC or in preview mode, but when I upload the mission to my dedicated server, UAV terminal and HIGH Command Module cannot be activated. thanks

Maybe this should work: Upon destruction of the first UAV, delete the logic. Respawn a new UAV and also create a new UAV module. Directly after you have created the UAV module, you have to synchronize them all.

This is a good idea, however I can't find the classname for the UAV module. I am assuming I would use createUnit to dynamically create the UAV module?

This is a good idea, however I can't find the classname for the UAV module. I am assuming I would use createUnit to dynamically create the UAV module?

im trying to figure out the same thing you have been trying to do. any breakthroughs yet?

ok im stumped on how to create the uav module in a script. i know the name is UAVManager, but do i use createvehicle as well?

ok ive got it, however it spawns a car with it lol

"UAVManager" createunit blabla

im guessing the game gets confused and spawns the module along with a car thats close to the same name

Any way to make the UAV shut up? If I disableAI "AUTOTARGET" it works but you cant target anything

EDIT:

Actually that does shut it up and you can still target things. Just when I tried it was insanely difficult to target things. Would point at tank A and target tank B way to the left of the screen.

Edited by Bellicosity

hey all,

try this

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79565

unpack PBO file, upload to editor and see what i have done...Dedi server enable

yes great job but how do you controll the UAV ???? I had try everything that you guys say , but still my UAV , crash as soon the game start .

Any idea anybody ??

yes great job but how do you controll the UAV ???? I had try everything that you guys say , but still my UAV , crash as soon the game start .

Any idea anybody ??

What are you using it for Dedi?? Host?? SP???

How are you creating your predator??? Via script or editor

Have you set your predator height??

What are you using it for Dedi?? Host?? SP???

How are you creating your predator??? Via script or editor

Have you set your predator height??

-i use it for Dedi

-editor and script

-yes

actualy when i try your map i was hosting , but i will like to put it on the server

thanks

Edited by massi64

Pardon me for digging this up;

Is the UAV Module broken in 1.03 (including the two beta patches)? I tried every possible setup, but I never get the user action and UAV just keeps flying around.

Tried it in SP only, Placing a UAV module, player, terminal and synchronizing them together. Tried without the terminal, didn't work either.

Nevermind, I'm completely retarded, it works now :blush:

AARGH, it doesn't again. :omg:

Edited by Cole

It comes and goes.. when you die, or when you leave, the UAV isn't synced with you any longer. either create an add action to resync it, or if it's destroyed launch another.

nul = this addAction ["Initialize UAV", "inituav.sqf"]

If you don't have this in the init of the UAV mod:

this setvariable ["rules",[west]

You'll have to add the player name as well below.

intuav.sqf

BIS_UAV synchronizeObjectsAdd [myterminal1,myuav,player];

change the names above to match your UAV mod, and your terminal/UAV

Edited by Big_Daddy