Sign in to follow this  
The Masta

How do I setup the UAV?

Any way to make the UAV shut up? If I disableAI "AUTOTARGET" it works but you cant target anything

EDIT:

Actually that does shut it up and you can still target things. Just when I tried it was insanely difficult to target things. Would point at tank A and target tank B way to the left of the screen.

So where did you put this command? tried "this disableAI "AUTOTARGET" in the init line and also tried to make a waypoint and use it in the script line.

I have the same problem. The UAV sees a enemy and when the bots see enemys while flying they start flying franticly and crash. Even though ive set it to fly 500 meters in altitude! So where did you put the command, please?

How are you setting up the UAV? Did you create it in the Editor, and sync it to the vehicle/UAV Mod?

Then in the INIT of the UAV place:

this disableAI "AUTOTARGET" ; this disableAI "TARGET" ; this setCombatMode "BLUE";this setBehaviour "careless";

That way the UAV will not try to divebomb it's targets.

I got 90% of all the UAV(MQ-9) functions working fine except that when I am hosting the multiplayer game on my dedicated server, I am the only player that can access the UAV terminal. All other players see "UAV Destroyed" when they try to access the UAV terminal. The UAV is still flying and doing fine when they get the "UAV Destroyed" message. Can anyone help me with this?

this setPosASL [position this select 0, position this select 1, 1000];

works to force start at 1000m or whatever altitude you select, note this is above mean sea level not Above Ground Level.

this setPosASL [position this select 0, position this select 1, 1000];

works to force start at 1000m or whatever altitude you select, note this is above mean sea level not Above Ground Level.

The UAV is not crashing, it is just that the message reads "UAV destroyed" when trying to access the UAV at the terminal. I tried your suggestion and nothing changes except the altitude.

I got 90% of all the UAV(MQ-9) functions working fine except that when I am hosting the multiplayer game on my dedicated server, I am the only player that can access the UAV terminal. All other players see "UAV Destroyed" when they try to access the UAV terminal. The UAV is still flying and doing fine when they get the "UAV Destroyed" message. Can anyone help me with this?

For a slight correction above, no player can access an active flying UAV on my dedicated server yet.

They can select the UAV in the scroll list but they get the message UAV destroyed while the UAV is flying fine.

I would like to know if there is even 1 multiplayer coop dedicated server online that has a properly operating UAV system for the Chernarus map?

Edited by Karlo

I'm noticing the same problem

A few questions:

How do I get the MQ-9 to respawn when it gets destroyed?

Please note I said respawn not launch, I've tried all the launch scripts and they launch it but I no longer have the option to control it on the terminal I launched it from.

How can I have more than one UAV?

I tried another setup but it doesn't show the UAV option on the UAV terminal, though it is exactly like the other.

How can I target anything with it?

Edited by callihn

I got same problem as Karlo.

On my mp mission,I put UAV module,UAV(Pchela) and UAV terminal.

I linked them with synchro-line and define module as

this setvariable ["rules",[west]];

While it works well in editor preview,test it in dedi server fails anytime.

UAV is still flying but mp player receive the message "UAV destloyed!"

If no one knows solution,this might be bug actually.

Edited by Monotone

When syncing the UAV terminal to an vehicle you can access the UAV contols when standing besides this vehicle..

..is there a way to access UAV control when riding inside the vehicle??

thank you!

Sorry guys, my question is how to make a flexible waypoint to UAV.

When I use a UAV with module, it is always a square track.

With module, it is useful to let player set the position of square, but now I need to edit a waypoint out of the control of player and I wish it could be a normal waypoint(not square).

Ahhh...at least, how can I setPos for the center of the square with script? With this way, I can force the waypoint of UAV, even its square...

How should I make it? THX.

Edited by Dragon Zen

I'm having troubles with UAV and ULB modules with a dedicated server (A2CO).

UAV - I, and other clients can access the UAV. The problem is that when the user clicks a point on the map to send the UAV to, the client gets teleported to the clicked position and becomes logged-out of the UAV.

ULB - I, and other clients are not able to see through the view finder (stuck with 3rd or 1st person views). Clients are able to click on the map and have it move to the location but the user can't access the action menu to get out.

Sure would be nice to use these features in MP. :(

*Edit*

UAV now works on dedicated server and I am able to control altitude. Problem I had was a pesky onmapClick command in one of my scripts.

The solution to the altitude control was removing the hellfire missiles and launcher.

Still unable to find a solution for the ULB.

Edited by EvilNate

Additional Question again:

when UAV destroy, there is a message box appear and game is stop, how to avoid this message?

And, Is there a script code can make player out of that UAV screen??

Tried the UAV module in OA today on a dedicated with a friend. We found the UAV initialized fine, could be assigned waypoints, etc.

However when trying to fire Hellfire missiles, there would be an audio queue of a missile firing, and the ammo count decreased by one, but no actual missile was seen leaving the airframe or impacting the targets.

Any thoughts?

OK, several question, waiting for answer...

Yea, how much is a working UAV going to cost us?

Supposedly they were going to be fixed in OA and there is even another UAV and a pack, however the mystery still remains and the wiki is unchanged.

However when trying to fire Hellfire missiles, there would be an audio queue of a missile firing, and the ammo count decreased by one, but no actual missile was seen leaving the airframe or impacting the targets.

Any thoughts?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9089#note-7

I cant exit the Pchela-1T. I have to identical setups in one mission (except names..) and the west predator works just fine but when I try the east pchela-1T I dont get the action to exit the UAV..

I hate to dig this up, but I figured it would be better than making a new thread and having people tell me to search.

Has anyone made any progress on being able to give the UAV custom waypoints? I found the module's scripts, but don't know how to edit them to allow me to make it follow custom waypoints.

I hate to dig this up, but I figured it would be better than making a new thread and having people tell me to search.

Has anyone made any progress on being able to give the UAV custom waypoints? I found the module's scripts, but don't know how to edit them to allow me to make it follow custom waypoints.

If you type "setting up uav in arma2" on youtube! you will see many videos

on how to set it up very easily!

When syncing the UAV terminal to an vehicle you can access the UAV contols when standing besides this vehicle..

..is there a way to access UAV control when riding inside the vehicle??

thank you!

I was looking into this myself today and after a lot of searching I figured a solution myself when I tried tweaking the existing scripts inside the module pbo file

setup everything as you normally would for using an UAV but add this to the initline of the vehicle you want to use as a terminal:

this addAction ["UAV","ca\modules\uav\data\scripts\uav_interface.sqf", [uAVTEST, this], 0, false, false, "", "_this in _target"];

UAVTEST is the name I gave to the UAV module so just replace that with the name of your UAV module

grtz tweetdezweet

Has anyone ever gotten stuck at the UAV loading screen? I added a working custom script for calling in a uav for one of my missions, yet when i try to access the UAV screen, it gets stuck at the loading screen, and i have to end up closing arma 2 from task manager.

Idk if it is something to do with the other modules synched to a player (I have ACM synched and thats it, the script auto synchs to the player when the action is used, and this works) or the amount of objects in the mission (i have a lot)

but for some reason, it will not load the UAV view, it remains stuck, and have yet to find any clues or answers to this.

has anyone else experienced this?