Sign in to follow this  
The Masta

How do I setup the UAV?

After a long time spent slowly debugging, it seems that the UAV module stops working when there are around 800 or so objects in the game (stuff likes crates, barrels, wire, sandbags, etc) which is unfortunate, as i really wanted to use it in my mission.

guess ill have to save it for something else.

Ok.... I've been wanting a Multiplayer UAV for some time now... and I've finally got it working for Operation Dark Dragon.... what a ***** this was.... so... I'm going to help a few others out some.... so far... here's what I've got, I'm going to let people take it from there.

Map: Takistan - Placed Units =

MQ-9 Predator Drone (name = Pred1, init = this setPosATL [getPosATL this select 0, getPosATL this select 1, (getPosATL this select 2) +700]; this flyinHeight 700; this setBehaviour "CARELESS"; this setCombatMode "BLUE"; this setCaptive true; this disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; this disableAI "TARGET"; nul = this spawn { while {alive _this} do { _this setFuel 1; sleep 60 } };)

PMC Unit (name = Z2, init = this addBackpack "US_UAV_Pack_EP1";)

Module - UAV Module (name = UAV_Mod)

through the mission init.sqf file I have the following - nul = execVM "x_client.sqf";

x_client.sqf file has the following

// JIP check

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then

{

waitUntil {player == player};

};

// Add the MP EventHandlers for each unit that needs them

player addMPEventHandler ["mprespawn", {nul = _this execVM "addActions\actionSets.sqf";}];

if (player == Z2) then {

player addAction ["Initialize UAV", "scripts\UAV_init.sqf"];

// etc. as needed

};

in the actionSets.sqf file is the exact same of

if (player == Z2) then {

player addAction ["Initialize UAV", "scripts\UAV_init.sqf"];

// etc. as needed

};

in the UAV_init.sqf is the following

_call = _this select 1;

_id = _this select 2;

_pack = unitBackpack _call;

_classPack = typeOf _pack;

if (_classPack == "US_UAV_Pack_EP1") then {

sleep 1;

hint "Starting UAV Initialization";

sleep 10;

UAV_Mod synchronizeObjectsAdd [_pack, Pred1, _call];

hint "UAV Connected";

Thats what I have so far. This allows the player to initialize the connection to the UAV drone and if they die and respawn they can reinitialize the connection. This syncronizes the UAV Module to the UAV Backpack on the player, the player and the Predator drone so that you can then utilize the UAV. Have at it boyo's! :D

Edited by boris5134

Is there simply no manual flying of the MQ-9? I've googled myself silly without much luck so I am resigning myself to that being the case. an pick, pilot, can pick gunner, but there is no controlling the flight via j-stick inputs that I can tell.

is it possible to make the UAV sync too something that is portable?

There is a UAV Control Backpack. I think you just need to sync it with it. Try reading through the rest of this thread and see if it helps at all. I know one of the posts on page 8 mentions a UAV Backpack.