Sign in to follow this  
Topper Harley

ArmA II - missing features, why?

I miss some features in ArmA II where would enhance the gameplay vast:

- full loadable Hercules C130

- Slingload for Helicopters

- FLAIRS!

Why arent these features included?

Ive seen a video from an UH1 ingame and he used flairs but now it seems like they are cutted out and yet is Tunguska and Avanger included?!.

Also the Point that you cant load the C130 with Supply the Hercules become useless and the fact that you cant winch vehicles with Choppers is also pretty poor (remember Coop - Evolution where you could slingload Tanks under the UH 60 with a script). But why didnt you involved that BIS?

In VBS2 you can do all that stuff and it seems to be fun!

Slingload-

load up a Hercules -

ArmA II is more an ArmA with nicer graphics and an Iland Add-On, the old problems are the same (LOD;KI -driving, -flying, -pinpionting)

Edited by Topper Harley

Well hot shot the features probably weren't finished, as for the sling load I don't recall that.

By the way you linked the same video twice.

Edited by NodUnit

It's my understanding that ArmA and VBS's developement have grown so far apart that one cannot simply bring features over from VBS into Mordor. (sorry I couldn't help myself, but seriously: ) I imagine a lot of additional features will show up from the community, especially when ACE rolls around.

I seem to recall hearing that countermeasures were added to aircraft.

I also remember seeing in the Track IR 5 video, that you could open the doors on the Mi-24 Hind.

Surely you can do the same on the C-130 and V-22, and if so, can you move inside the cargo bay when it is parked?

Surely you can do the same on the C-130 and V-22, and if so, can you move inside the cargo bay when it is parked?

you cant open both cargo bay doors, when you get in as a passenger in the Hercules you move through the closed door.

I tryed to open it but theres no command-line, even if you try to open the door as infanterist.

I will try to open the doors from the Hind and writing it in there if its possible or not.

Maybe wait for the game to be released and see then.

You were aware that the German version wasn't finished when released weren't you? BIS said so.

I hope we can open the cargo bay doors in the 505 Games version...the C-130 is from VBS 2, there is no reason it should remain shut, especially considering that the Mi-24, an attack helicopter, not a dedicated cargo plane, can open its doors.

Maybe wait for the game to be released and see then.

lol the game is released regardless of being finished or not.

Hind doors are fully openable, the animation looks soft and good!

I have no Problems with buying a Beta, BUT than they should notice somewhere red:

this product is not 100% finished!

so i feel a bit tricked out for making fast money

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/spucknapp/Hind-doors.jpg

Edited by Topper Harley

never recall any of those being on the feature list

Can you actually get inside the Hind? There would be little point to having opening doors otherwise.

Thank you for the image Topper Harley, I've been waiting to see something like that. I would rather my cargo waits for me to open the doors rather than just spawning outside the helo.

In VBS2 you can do all that stuff and it seems to be fun!

ArmA and VBS are two very different products aimed at two very different markets.

Why wouldnt we be able to get into the HIND? Made that good and cant transport units? Nah not a chance.

I hoped the Hercules could open doors and that we could drive in vehicles into it. Not to move in mid air as it has been said too many times BIS wont do that, but to just drive in a vehicle and then take off. A hercules wihtout that capability seems weird? The Osprey can take a lot of people so it kinda gets redundant. Apart though that it looks cool ofcourse. :) We have to wait and see after some patches.

Alex

I certainly hope they don't underestimate and undervalue opening doors and being able to move inside a vehicle.

Even if you cannot move around while the plane or helo is in motion, simply being able to walk around the cargo bay would be useful, especially in CASEVAC, where you could use the fuselage as a makeshift shield while you revive someone inside.

wait ...are you saying that in Arma2 we can not still load.. even vehicles(or at least a bicycle) on the C-130? cuz that would be a huge disappointment :/

i wonder if we can't.. will it be available in the "complete" version :/

What trailer? I never seen flares in an ARMA2 video as i can remember at least. Just remember someone (505 or BIS) said that there is countermeasures.

If your thinking about the old proper ARMA2 trailer (at ARMA2 site?) a Venom that seem to "drop" some sparkly/smokey trail when a KA52 or HIND fly by and shoot at it? Thats impact effects on the tail of the heli. 100% sure of that. But you might mean some other video.

Alex

72;1292910']What trailer? I never seen flares in an ARMA2 video as i can remember at least. Just remember someone (505 or BIS) said that there is countermeasures.

If your thinking about the old proper ARMA2 trailer (at ARMA2 site?) a Venom that seem to "drop" some sparkly/smokey trail when a KA52 or HIND fly by and shoot at it? Thats impact effects on the tail of the heli. 100% sure of that. But you might mean some other video.

Alex

No thats it, I actually thought that was countermeasures. I feel a bit dumb now:Oo:

they. di. dnt. FIX THE. crappy report. VOICES. then. at 12 clock.

shame... though i guess i didnt really expect them to improve much over ofp/arma's disjointed and robotic version. especially with it not being ready for the press demo... that was a tell

oh well. :(

They never said those features were going to be in the game, so how can they be "missing"?

Just look at what the game does have and enjoy that. As with ArmA, more will come in patches and mods :)

arma 2 is just a uptaded version of their arma engine, I await a new 3d engine that wont be compatible with previous games. BIS would never do that!

hopefully arma 3 (???) will be able to implement really nice collision meshes for vehicles hopefully to the point people could walk around inside moving vehicles without any awkwardness, bf1942/joint operations had a nice system, however it bugged a little in multiplayer. something about being part of a crew on a vehicle where you're actually moving around on the vehicle makes really memorable gaming experiences.

i remember in the Desert Combat mod for bf1942 i would get on a fully loaded AC-130 and watch the devastation from the lowered cargo ramp, loading DPVs, onto the hercules was also a fun way to get behind enemy lines.

i think we're getting to a point where processors can handle complex physics and i'd like to see more natural (albeit less system friendly) ways of doing things in games. i think the only real limit would be in multiplayer where these things would have to be simulated on the clients machine which could lead to some continuity issues.