Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Change the Language in Arma 2?

You will probably have an option to turn the game to english if you had a German/Czech version, but not all languages (French, Italian, Spanish...) as it was for Arma 1.

The other translations were probably paid for by 505 and they would have no incentive to share it with Morphicon or else.

It works both ways as British people probably won't have access to german localization, though I don't think they'd care.

English is apart, as it was probably the standard version made by BIS.

I don't know if this is allowed or not here, so forgive me if i'm asking in the wrong place.

I have a German Retail version of ArmA2 which I would very much like to play in English. The various English language mods that I have seen and tried are awful.

Can someone please make the Official Retail English Language Pack available? Could BIS make this available as a download perhaps?

I only really need it for the campaign text... I can speak a bit of german, so I can get through the menus without a problem, it's just it's hard work for me understanding the fine details of a briefing in german...

Many thanks,

Toby

hello there

This may be part of the patch, available later today...

If not Im sure it will be available soon.

If not id also like a peek at em, but i dont know about the "legality" of putting up those files here.

I believe the mods were ok with the last "fix" and Im sure one will be along soon to let you know.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Same here Toby, I am in Germany but really want the English language patch as my German is probably alot worse than yours!

So, please BIS let the English files be unlocked in the patch!

There are existing threads about "language", search before posting please.

You will probably have an option to turn the game to english if you had a German/Czech version...

Hopefully it will be like that, and also for the Hungarian version. I'm not really satisfied with the quality of the Hungarian translation so it would be great to have the option to turn the game to English (it's Hungarian only atm).

No, this is not going to be possible in version 1.02.

You will probably have an option to turn the game to english if you had a German/Czech version

Not a biggie for me seeing as the english mod I have is really good :)

i believe that the language files were being patched in 1.02

i believe that the language files were being patched in 1.02

Umm what?

Maruk:

72;1317955']Umm what?

Maruk:

Maruk said the patch does not change the entire language to say, English. The other poster said that the patch modifies the language files in some way and therefore the Language patch may or may not work.

Basically, this patch does not provide an overall language change, but according to the other poster it modifies something in the language files, what, I don't know but if so the current un-official language patch may not work.

Maruk said the patch does not change the entire language to say, English. The other poster said that the patch modifies the language files in some way and therefore the Language patch may or may not work.

Basically, this patch does not provide an overall language change, but according to the other poster it modifies something in the language files, what, I don't know but if so the current un-official language patch may not work.

From patch notes:

"Various campaign and localisation fixes and improvements"

"Language and gameplay fixes in multiplayer and singleplayer templates"

Can anyone confrim the fact that patch 1.02 allows you to change the language in the German version??

1.02 does not change german language to english but it has modifield something in the language file. whether its english or german.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

sorry i don't know if this is allow. perhaps someone with the english version of the game can share the english language files after patching to 1.02?

1.02 does not change german language to english but it has modifield something in the language file. whether its english or german.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

sorry i don't know if this is allow. perhaps someone with the english version of the game can share the english language files after patching to 1.02?

Don't think that is allowed since the original English patch was under-review and taken from the forums. I just hope everyone made back ups to their German Language file. Glad I did :D

Wow, now i regret buying the German version, they said all versions would be the same now i feel like i am being ripped off. Thanks BIS. They just want me to buy the English version so they get more money.....that's what i call greedy. Glad then i also made a backup of the original language files.

Edited by Nicholas

Wow, now i regret buying the German version, they said all versions would be the same now i feel like i am being ripped off. Thanks BIS. They just want me to buy the English version so they get more money.....that's what i call greedy.
They released it in different regions because publishers chose to publish it at different times. BI did nothing, it was supposed to be for Germans? If you really didn't foresee any issues with buying a German game as an English speaker than that is not their fault. If a game is released in a specific region with a specific language BI isn't obligated to make it multi-language especially when other regions will get it in there respective language.

Wow, now i regret buying the German version, they said all versions would be the same now i feel like i am being ripped off. Thanks BIS. They just want me to buy the English version so they get more money.....that's what i call greedy. Glad then i also made a backup of the original language files.

Oh jesus, will you calm down. They never said when it'll be implemented exactly, and all versions of this game aren't even released yet. They have bigger bugs to fry and they are making sure the Steam and US copies will be ready in time for the next few weeks. How can you feel ripped off knowing that you were getting the German version that will remain German for a while. If you showed some patience and waited for the english release, you would not be having this problem. Ripped off my ass, you got what you payed for.

It's my opinion so back off.
It's a public forum and we are allowed to say our opinions as well. Are you entitled to something we aren't?

Well ya don't gotta bash me in the friggin head with a hammer just for saying something that i wanted to say.

Well ya don't gotta bash me in the friggin head with a hammer just for saying something that i wanted to say.
Instead we should just keep our opinions to our self and let you bash the developers. Good Plan.

It's my opinion so back off.

Well to be fair, your 'opinion' is quite ridiculous to begin with. All the versions are being patched equally. Like many of us, you were excited and bought the German version early. You can't now complain because the German version is in German :p

Doesn't reaaaly matter does it? Who cares if i bash the devs a little, im ONE person, out of about how many on the forums? I mean come on, it's not like your gonna prevent it or it's not gonna happen. Lets get back on topic aye?