Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Change the Language in Arma 2?

Calm down ladies.

Someone said: "They said all versions will be the same", I remember that actually being "All versions will be compatible", in reference to Multiplayer compatibility, but that's just off the top of my head as I don't have the source of that handy.

Also, another post I'd like to remind everyone of:

I strongly recommend everyone to wait for the official release in your country / your language.

To clarify the language options out of the box:

* 505 Games release will always have English / French / Italian / Spanish languages with the option to switch in game

* Peter Games (Morphicon) is German only

* US version will be English only

* there will be also Russian only, Czech only, Polish only and Hungarian only releases

Now, what I read that post like:

"Out of the box, these versions will be in these languages, but we are not leaving out the possibility of adding all languages to all versions in a future patch."

If you assumed that patch would be 1.02, or exist at all, that's another story.

i'm playing on the german version. i think i saw some uk servers online. correct me if i am wrong. there is mp compatibility among the different languages? can someone confirm it please

i'm playing on the german version. i think i saw some uk servers online. correct me if i am wrong. there is mp compatibility among the different languages? can someone confirm it please

Try and join.

Language does not matter, if you've patched your german version to 1.02, you can play with anyone who has 1.02 installed.

So yes, all the distributions are compatible in MP as long as they're patched properly.

ok great. so what we only need now is an english language patch for the german version.

Hello all

Well, as usual I dived in the deep end and became an early adopter as I did with Arma 1 Czech version.

Now, if there isnt a supported workaround for getting the languaged modded/changed to english, then yes, I will be miffed.

But, I did choose to buy the German version and there are/were no guarentees that English would be supported in my version.

I did a similar thing by buying VBS1 just before ARMA came out. If only I waited!

But, I had to have it and I had to have it NOW.

At the end of the day Its my fault. Cant blame mods/plublishers etc for that.

However, I doubt that we wont be given a workaround. It happened for Arma1 and most likely will for Arma 2.

We just may have to wait a bit, and at the worst have to get used to using a vanilla German Version.

One of the servers I'm using now accepts no mods, as its gone semi private ([FUn]), to keep away the griefers and this means I'm having to play with blur and in German. It's a pain but it is do-able. The blur is more an issue for me TBH.

My rambling point is, have a bit of patience, dont over react and im sure in a few weeks we will all be on line having a a whole 'passel of fun.

Im not a fanboy (as is evident by some of my other posts) but we have to accept that these chaps are running a business not a dedicated personal service.

Again, to make pennies they wont want to alienate customers and Im positive that there will be a solution for us early adopters, judging by their previous actions.

A 100pc guarentee? nope. but its highly likely.

rgds

LoK

sorry, u mean in arma 1 , non english versions were eventually patched with english language option?

I use the english language mod to just setup/check the controls.

Now that its patched to 1.02 i dont need the english mod as the Menu is easily learnt after a few clicks and language in game is english on the US side and in MP were in TS anyway.

Is the cdkey what defines the language? If I install the 505 release and use my german key will the game still be german?

ok great. so what we only need now is an english language patch for the german version.
There is, the old patch seems to work fine.

Hi all,

Now that v1.02 patch is the international version patch, is there a way to officially change Arma2 language ? People who bought german version of the game are now at the same point as people who bought 505 version.

So please BIS guys, release a workaround for clients to change the language !

Thanks.

DD.

wait wait wait wait wait.... we won't get the english langauage?

Are you serious?!

Fuck man, I would have waited for the UK version... I thought "they will all be the same" meant language as well.....

Wow, You all need to calm down. Patience.

Lads,

Grow a set of nuts. If you bought the GERMAN version from GERMANY you have to expect it to be localised for the GERMAN language (Deutsch). You have no right to demand or expect BIS to patch this version for English or any other language. I bought the German version without expecting an official English patch, but I couldn't see the logic in rewarding 505Games for delaying their release in Australia. It's still not released here and is still a long way away.

If you're too stupid to see sense, you can BUY the official english language "patch" from 505games or their suppliers. Or keep quiet and maybe the BIS developers will reward you in return for peace and quiet, I know I would, I've only just read this thread and you've already annoyed me, I'm off to kill something in AA3.

Jamie.

First of all, three total related to language that exists in Addons folder (languagemissions.pbo,language.pbo) and Dta folder (languagecore.pbo) file is unpacked, and stringtable.xml that exists in each folder is opened with the text editor.

And, all < German > tag is rewritten in < Original > tag.

<German>German sentence</German> to <Original>German sentence</Original>

After that, < English > tag is rewritten in < German > tag.

<English>English sentence</English> to <German>English sentence</German>

PBO-compressing three folders.

The folder named Eng is made in the folder of ArmA2, and Addons and the Dta folder are made in that.

Three files are moved to each folder.

Addons folder (languagemissions.pbo,language.pbo)

Dta folder (languagecore.pbo)

Play -mod=Eng

I found the same thing as above by snooping around. Funny, seems they could just allow us to change this with a setting since ALL the languages are in the file. I'm sure they will get to this later.

I agree, let's stop bitching about it for a while.

Any way (legal) to get the english manual if you bought the German download version?

First of all, three total related to language that exists in Addons folder (languagemissions.pbo,language.pbo) and Dta folder (languagecore.pbo) file is unpacked, and stringtable.xml that exists in each folder is opened with the text editor.

And, all < German > tag is rewritten in < Original > tag.

<German>German sentence</German> to <Original>German sentence</Original>

After that, < English > tag is rewritten in < German > tag.

<English>English sentence</English> to <German>English sentence</German>

PBO-compressing three folders.

The folder named Eng is made in the folder of ArmA2, and Addons and the Dta folder are made in that.

Three files are moved to each folder.

Addons folder (languagemissions.pbo,language.pbo)

Dta folder (languagecore.pbo)

Play -mod=Eng

Thanks for your hints, Naoyuki !

For all interested in a complete german to english mod for v1.02, get it here

extract the content of the archive into your Arma2 folder and add "-mod=@English" without the quotes to your target line in in the properties of your desktop icon. Use at your own risk.

Have fun

If you're too stupid to see sense

And who are you to call us stupid ?

Anyway, can the game be bought/downloaded online somwhere ? I also live in germany but I want the english version.

ok i just discovered something. by modifying the pbo files ourselves . its breaking the original bis sig. and some online servers require to have the original bis sig or you can't join.

ok i just discovered something. by modifying the pbo files ourselves . its breaking the original bis sig. and some online servers require to have the original bis sig or you can't join.

You also trigger FADE (=copy protection that starts degrading the game).