Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Converted OFP SP Missions

Although I think these missions are great and they are really appreciated by far my favourite mission was always Battlefields. You have captured the general flavour apart from the fact its Russians attacking not Americans, but my main gripe is that it ends too quickly - I am just starting to get into the counterattack and it ends with all enemies have been killed. The battlefield mission had a massive counterattack with several waves incl BMPs could this not be implemented at all? I love playing missions in which you are just a grunt part of a huge battle. Lets have more of these !!

Played them at 1.02 or 1.03, and got into some of the problem mentioned. Best memorable scene, during the Laser mission (I think, the one with the brigde). I took refuge in a barn, when two enemies walked straight pass me inside the barn. Probably no more than two meters away from me (I was hugging the wall). When I lazed the target, the beam was going right over the head of a prone enemy just outside the barn. Cool stealth mission where immersion was not broken by AIs yelling wildly over the radio :)

Almost everyone of these missions ends with a CTD. I usually get an error saying something cant be loaded during the mission, then straight to the desktop. Are there other mod files that should be loaded.

Any help would be appreciated. These are with Version 1.03.

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, must have missed the replies here. :confused:

It would help a lot if you can provide the name of what can't be loaded (check your arma2.rpt file for it), though as far as I know you're the first with such problems.

nats

I kept the same amount of enemy units as in the original mission, nothing removed.

If playing the mission as russians bother you too much I can make one where you play as Marine, no big deal.

CarlGustaffa

Unfortunately there's not much I can do to prevent the stupid AI walking through walls, however I can check their paths and make sure they avoid that building.

I look into both Battlefields and Laser and see if I can do something.

would it be silly of me to ask about maybe converting the 2 most popular campaigns of the ofp era? say cold war crisis and resistance? I would say red hammer but that was shit. Resistance more so because the storyline was outstanding and well worth a movie based on it.

would it be silly of me to ask about maybe converting the 2 most popular campaigns of the ofp era? say cold war crisis and resistance? I would say red hammer but that was shit. Resistance more so because the storyline was outstanding and well worth a movie based on it.

No, not at all as we're already on it: Cold War Rearmed² ;)

Converting those 2 campaigns so they take place on Chernarus? No way, it was always a huge pain to find a suitable place for those SP missions, not to mention fixing them.

CWR2 :). I could attempt to make it into USMC and RU on Chernarus, not sure how that would turn out.

its been years since ive played OFP, but which was the mission where you end up on your own and have to meet up with the resistance? i can just remember that being the most intense experience id ever had with a computer game. is that one included in your package of missions?

ooh thanks for that i look forward to seeing the end result. ofp made this huge community and the game is still running strong among few. others may go back to it for nostalga reasons, but i find bringing it forward with graphics and advancements in gameplay will really make the difference

Well, ARMA 2 has only just recently been released so there's a long road ahead in terms of community adds ons, mods, remakes of old stuff...

Personally I've been thinking about how great it would be to see Suicide's missions... Airborne, Facile Ground, and The Black Gap. Also Ian Bremmer's Seize Le Moule and Forward Observer.

And lately I find my brain returning more and more to the epic Retaliation campaign. The possibilities are really quite endless.

I have no idea if they went through the wall or came in the door. At least they went out the door on the other end. It was a memorable scene, as a positive - meaning I was scared shitless :D I didn't even dare aim my weapon on them, just freelooked to watch them pass me. Pretty intense moment. Doesn't need change, especially if 1.04 is now easier due to lowered detection abilities.

The "feeling" is often more important to me than realistic simulation value.

The "feeling" is often more important to me than realistic simulation value.

So true. I recently changed the "Laser" and "Battlefield" missions. "Laser" was indeed a bit too easy, one time I finised it without a single shot being fired. In that one I added a little surprise now, one more patrol and changed some waypoint types from sentry to guard.

Battlefields I also changed some waypoint types, removed not necessary triggers and moved the reinforcements closer to the area so they appear a bit faster.

I need to test the some more before releasing them though.

nicolasroger

Sorry about that, fixed the link in the first post now. :)

Hi there,

I wanted to report that I just played War Cry (ArmA2, patch 1.05, no mods, no addons) and the 3 times I played, while I was in the middle of the mission, ArmA2 crashed.

Has anybody experienced this too?

Thanks. -Splicer.

Splicer

I played the mission last night 2 times and never had a crash. Have you checked your arma2.rpt file if there are any errors? Are the other missions working ok for you?

I have had some crashes in 1.05. And i cant really see whats causing it. Maybe thats what you suffered from Splicer. Cant be sure ofcourse.

sorry for reviving an old thread. but there's a very fine everon "russified version" from SAP out there. that looks gorgeous and could be used for these great missions. any chance we'll see old OFP mission on converted islands? the above mentioned is just to inviting...

I see no reason why it couldn't be done. The only problem with SAP Everon is that the layout of the towns has been changed. Means that units placed inside buildings or objects placed between them all of the sudden are in a total different location. And not all original OFP missions were located on Everon.

As for the 1.05 crashing issue, I'm clueless as no matter how often I play the missions I never have any CTD at all. :confused:

W0lle these missions are amazing, the Battlefields one was so immense. As soon as we got over the hill there was bullets flying everywhere. Thanks for this, it's awesome.

Another thanks.

These ain't your father's OFP missions. You definitely need to use new tricks. We used to play Clean Sweep to death back in the day. The fight always opened with the grenade toss.

I pretty much learned to script, converting our favorite OFP missions to ArmA1. Anyone remember "Lost Squad"? I think that was on the Malden map.

Thanks again.

ZF-

Fixed a couple of smaller issues, converted most scripts to sqf and added 4 new missions to the package, see first post for download link. :)

Huge special thanks to Norrin for another successful brainstorming ;)

I never played any of the OFP games, but the mission 'Ambush' seems to be treated like the second coming around here. Any chance of a conversion for that one?

No, not "Ambush" please not. Don't do that to me... :D

Making that mission work more or less like the original was already a problem in CWR1. Alone finding a suitable location for it on Chernarus might take forever.

I might consider it one day but absolutely no promise for that one. :)

Edited by W0lle