Sign in to follow this  
Rebel@heart

Custom faces/squad.xml - how to do it in ArmA2?

Handbook mentions nothing and there no option for a xml in the profile? skipped? :(

Edited by Rebel@heart

Custom face was never in xml file.

You just put file named face.jpg with proper dimensions (256x256, 512x512 and so on) in your profile folder. Noone bothered to answer me if game uses same template as Arma1, but i give a guess that's similar/same.

I'm using my ArmA 1 face for ArmA 2.. Works beautifully.

Squad.xml can be entered in the botom of your "profile" ingame.

I can't get it to work though.

Moving to the all new uber shiny MP forum.

Cool, These new forums just popped outa no where.

It's comming to form a great community.

Anyone gotten Squad XML's to work.. ?

not yet, i try to compile one here at work, but dont have much time, i might finish it by the weekend.

I've copied an ArmA squad.xml over, changed the ID and presto. I'm getting an error about the logo though (which isn't showing on vehicles), but the info in the squad.xml is showing.

D'oh - of course, I've forgotten to change the ID..

I've copied an ArmA squad.xml over, changed the ID and presto. I'm getting an error about the logo though (which isn't showing on vehicles), but the info in the squad.xml is showing.
Same thing here.

I guess it's either the logo.paa or the call of it from the xml... :icon_neutral:

If not mistaken, arma supported other file types then .paa. You guys might want to try some jpeg's or png's....

Offcourse don't forget to change the extension in your xml: 'blablawhatevername.png' etc.

If not mistaken, arma supported other file types then .paa. You guys might want to try some jpeg's or png's....

Offcourse don't forget to change the extension in your xml: 'blablawhatevername.png' etc.

Yes, png might be a good idea to test. The .paa used is transparent partly, so jpeg won't do.

I also used the ArmA1 XML and it worked except for the *.paa in the briefing.

The logo don't show on your arm, but it shows on some vehicles.

I had my logo on the motor of the small boat, not the RIIB but the other one.

Maybe there are more options this time and you need 1 picture for the armpatch and one for vehicles?

With different sizes?

I think some soldier-models don't have any selection on their arm that displays the squad-logo, some have it inverted (So the logo is displayed towards the arm/hardly to see) and some soldiers show the logo like it was in ArmA.

I've the same error that the logo isn't shown on briefing, but I think this is related to a newer form of paa, since TexView2 isn't able to display any ArmA2 textures. :(

So let's wait for the Dev-Tools.

so im having the problem of the logo not showing up in the soldier or the vehicles !!

the information of the .xml shows just fine but not the image... its in .paa fomat.. anyone able to do it ?

I used the same image from ArmA 1, simply changed my Id and uploded the xml file and my squad logo appears on all vehicles and soldiers arms.

Yeah, the xml file shouldn't change. Just use whatever you used in ArmA1 and change the ID's for ArmA2.

If you wish to have an XMl my XML hoster will run on ArmA2 www.sh2.armatechsquad.com

thats nice and a good service. but why dont you tell us how you do it or where the difference is? some people i'm sure would prefer to do it themselves rather than have their image hosted on another server...

Well after usng mine and it still doesnt work maybe you could try another hosting site. In the past we've had issues with servers not seeing the XML files at some sites.

Mc Speedfreak;1313396']thats nice and a good service. but why dont you tell us how you do it or where the difference is? some people i'm sure would prefer to do it themselves rather than have their image hosted on another server...

Go to the BIS wiki' date=' download the Squad.xml template? I believe that's what it is called. Should have about 4 different files in there put them in a folder and name the folder "squad", on your websites FTP in the public_html folder, upload the "squad" folder. Then you just edit the .xml file. The url would be

[url']www.yoururlherelolwut.com/squad/squad.xml[/url]

Well after usng mine and it still doesnt work maybe you could try another hosting site. In the past we've had issues with servers not seeing the XML files at some sites.

the xml works fine i think, i can see all the squad info pressing P, the problem is the logo, the picture doesnt show !! anywhere !