Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

Unfortunately they disabled all get in functions to enemy vehicles, which kind of bums me out which makes the game much harder; I could have used a few enemy vehicles from time to time during the campaigns.

That's a bother... Probably makes sense in terms of realism, mind you. Sometimes I think I'm not good enough for Operation Flashpoint/ArmA. :(

Sorry for the double-post, but I have another question. Can I order my soldiers to change to their second weapon? If so, I haven't been able to find out how (it doesn't seem to be in the Action menu) - which means that more often than not I have to scrounge up a fallen enemy's RPG and use that to disable Shilkas and the like. Am I being blind here?

I think the command to make the AI switch weapons would be fkey (their number), 6 (action), then find the command you wish to issue. This should give you direct access to the AI's action menu, plus some other possible actions.

That's what I thought, but the command isn't there. I've got all sorts of other commands in the list, but nothing that would make them change their weapons. Dunno whether it's a bug in my installation.

Hi, there isn't any "switch to AT" order in the AI orders menu, is not a thing of the CWR, it's

a thing of the ArmA, the only possible thing there is to rearm your AIs in the briefing so the

last two ones and yourself are the ones equiped with a LAW-72, in that way you'll have 1

AT man at each side of the Line, Wedge and V formations while you've your AT at the head

of the formation. Also order the AT men to Hold Fire and order 'em to stay back, but that's

a method that have more holes than a girl. Let's C ya

Cool, thanks. How reliable are the AI soldiers at choosing the right weapon? Perhaps I'm not patient enough, but those times when I asked those of my men armed with LAWs to attack vehicles, their performance was rather patchy and more often than not they didn't seem to change weapons. Would I have to take away their rifles at the beginning?

(I guess it's one of those things where the ArmA AI is Einstein in some ways and dumb as a rock in others... :D Don't even get me started on tank missions and pathfinding!)

Hi, the simple reply is that the ArmA's AI is not reliable at the weapons choose or use, they

engage the targets when they reach a certain distance or withing that distance, but if they

see a OPFOR soldier on the way to the "right" attack point (notice the brackets on the word:

right.) they will most likely aim the AT to him and will put a cucumber on him or they will

fail in a miserably way with the cucumber and will hit a tree 200m away behind the soldier.

The ArmA's AI is not reliable on most of the aspects. Let's C ya

Gotcha. This is probably an old chestnut to most of you, but I'm finding the game's AI to be the source of the games best and worst moments. Yesterday I got tired of "Hind Attack" (I wish there was a save point when you arrive at the secret base...) so I fired up Resistance and played the second mission where the camp is attacked. Since I couldn't pick up an RPG myself, I had to rely on the minefield and on my AI mates using their RPGs to shoot down the tank and other vehicles. It felt a bit like herding cats. Retarded cats. :omg:

Hope you guys don't mind to help me a bit out here on how to install the mod :o

Never installed a mod before for this game so please bare with me.

I downloaded the main file for CWR as well as, Fixed SP Mission "Infantry" (v1.09), Missing Winter Kolgujev Addons, CWC Campaign v1.05 and Resistance Campaign v1.05.

I've put all the files in C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns and then created a shortcut on my desktop where I added at the end -nosplash -mod=cwr

When I launch the game I get to see the OPF background with the mod logo on top so everything seems to be fine there but when I go to campaign I only get to see the missions from the Arma campaign.

Could you please explain to me what I have done wrong and how to make it so that I can play the OPF and Resistance campaign?

Thx guys :)

Hi, your CWR Mod campaign should go to the: "C:\ArmA\Campaigns\" Folder, and should be

named: "CWR_1985_V1_05.pbo" and "CWR_resistance.pbo". You should remove the CWR

Mod files from the "Whatever\Arma\Addons\" Folder (maybe uninstalling the campaign) and

reinstalling the entire CWR Mod into it's own folder, calling it (i.e.) "@CWR" so it'll be installed

into your HD as "C:\ArmA\@CWR\" is way better; and then, it will make your shortcut look

as this: "C:\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=DBE1;@CWR;@ArmAEffects;@VolumetricFog; -nosplash".

The -nospalsh goes at the end for prevent any mod to run the loading screens. I think that

doing all this, it should work perfectly. Let's C ya

What's the "Volumetric Fog" entry? I haven't seen that mod before (and work blocks most games-related sites...).

HowTo:

- create a new folder @CWR

- in this @CWR folder create new folders AddOns and Campaigns

- create a new folder CWR in main .../Arma/Missions folder

- copy all files from archive-Addon to @CWR/AddOns

- copy from archive-campaign files into @CWR/Campaigns folder

- copy from archive-mission files into new ...ArmA/Missions/CWR folder

Keep your default ArmA/AddOns folder clean from other addons/mods!

FYI: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

@Wipman are you still posting with a mobile? :D

Wow and Big Thanks to the CWR Team :yay:

Just DL'ded the RC4 and I have seen improvements all over the mod :eek:

Big Thanks,

mike

Hi, the VolumetricFog is a mod folder that i did with two great .pbo's that come with the even

better Senchi's Klurs Island Beta. i putted 'em on their own mod folder because they're

unsigned, so they're not MP friendly, but still very pimp. Let's C ya

Hi, the VolumetricFog is a mod folder that i did with two great .pbo's that come with the even

better Senchi's Klurs Island Beta. i putted 'em on their own mod folder because they're

unsigned, so they're not MP friendly, but still very pimp. Let's C ya

Does it integrate with regular singleplayer and mods, or does the volumetric fog only work with mods that use it specifically?

Hi, can be used with any mod, no incompativilities as far as i know; it works with the CWR, with

the ArmA... with the QG... it's a pimp addon, not a mod, as i told you i did a Mod Folder for

it due that it's not siged, so is not MP friendly; so... i don't use it in MP. Let's C ya

Thx a bunch guys, worked like a charm :rthumb:

Only question I have left now is, where do I install CWR Infantry SP 109 and CWR WinterAddons?

In the @CWR campaign folder or the addons one?

Didn't want to be impolite cause I almost forgot because I was too occupied to get the mod working.

Big thx to the mod makers for your time and effort, really appreciate your hard work on this cause I will enjoy this more than the Arma campaign :)

Edited by LtWatts

The music that plays when you boot it up + the desert island.. wow. Shivers. Brings me back.

Hi, LTWatts, for what i'd heard the CWR Winter addons may give some problem or error, so

for prevent this may be a good idea to create their own Mod Folder, like @CWRW i.e. and

add it to the @CWR shortcut ( i.e: "-mod:@CWR;@CWRW; -nospash") and the SP missions

should into your "C:\ArmA\Missions\Extra" Folder. Let's C ya

As far as I can see everything works great.

Thanks Mr. Wipman :)

I cant play ArmA 1.14 anymore due to vista/ati/large mem problems but i cant seem to startup CWR with either 1.15b or 1.16b?

Anyone knows a fix, would love to play the resistance campaign again

wow, awesome. Didn't know this existed until today. I downloaded and played the campaign a bit. Great job guys.

I do have a few questions. I downloaded the main file and put the folder "addons" in a folder called CWR in the main ArmA folder. "e:\arma\CWR\addons"

Then I downloaded the campaigns for CWR coldwar crisis and resistance and put them in "e:\arma\cwr\campaigns"

I load the game with "e:\arma\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=CWR"

This works great, but only figured it out after googling tons of pages.

Everything works fine though, the campaigns, the editor etc.

But when I do single missions, I get the ArmA single missions and some CWR's called CWR_building or CWR_lights etc.

I don't get the original single missions, like "steal a car". How do I do those?

Also, is it possible to put my own OFP missions for use now in ArmA?

Thanks for replies.

Edit: Ok, I got the single player missions working. Seems I downloaded just the addon and nothing more when I downloaded the file "CWR_RC4_4588". I now downloaded "CWR_RC3_4392" which had an executable file and I installed it to another folder. Then I copied the "missions" and "mpmissions" folder to my Arma\missions and Arma\mpmissions. Now I got those working.

Wasn't there a RC4 installer?

Edited by Gorgi Knootewoot
another question added

Greetings all,

Loving the conversion, but I have an issue I'm hoping someone can help me with.

It concerns the 'M16+203'. Basically, the muzzle flash is always 'attached' to the weapon. I first noticed it early on when my AI team mates were carrying it, but wasn't too bothered. But now I'm playing missions in which I start out with the weapon with no option to switch to something else. The flash is huge and blocks a lot of my view, and is even worse at night because its so bright you can hardly see anything beyond it.

I've tried deactivating other the other mods I have running (HiFi sounds, Unofficial Patch), but it didn't help. I haven't seen anyone else mention it here, so I'm wondering if its just me. Its essentially ruining a great mod for me. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Same problem as Goffik here.

For me it started as soon as I spawned in the forest for the mission

"Montignac must fall".

Everything perfect till that point.

I hope you guys can give us a hand here cause I can't see a thing with a muzzle flash that is stickied to the weapon and its not exactly realistic either ;)

Thx :)

Note: Mods installed next to this one, Invasion 1944 and HiFi sounds.