Sign in to follow this  
hoak

North America Release / Publisher

I believe it was annouced at that London gig, hold let me look for the link..... yes it was when they did the Twitter thing with BIS and ppl were asking questions, here is a link to the Twitter page;

http://twitter.com/ArmA2PC

And here is a link to the specific question regarding a demo or you can just scan the twitter yourself;

http://agw.interactivetournaments.com/forums/index.php?topic=280.0

And here is a full breakdown of the questions/answers done by Armaholics ppl.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5694

I've been looking all over the place for a website (doesn't matter which language) or some place that currently sells Arma 2. But that is pretty hard for me -being an America-, So I need your guys help just posting a few links to where to purchase the game online..

Preferably download only, Since I'm fairly impatient with waiting for things to arrive in the mail. This could also be used for others usage too.

I suggest you to wait on a release in your country. Then it shouldn't take so much time and money to get the game bought in Europe and shipped to America.

Steam is your best bet.

I wonder how much would the shipping cost be if he ordered from amazon.uk?

I suggest you to wait on a release in your country. Then it shouldn't take so much time and money to get the game bought in Europe and shipped to America.

If you purchase it at Metaboli, you get a digital copy instantly. The CD-Key is delivered to your email 12 hours later, I wouldnt call that a long wait.

Steam is garbage, I would rather buy a copy from amazon co.uk. I can't believe they went with steam? You can't even mods games on steam or it won't even run the game, plus the extra lag on your cpu from having to run steam just to play arma? Whatever if I have to pay some extra money for shipping the best war game ever made, so be it. I'm getting a GTX-285 2gb oced from Newegg, just for this game. Should run nicely with my Phenom 2.3 x4 and 4gb of 6400

i don't like steam too, i pre-ordered mine from cdwow, i couldn't pre-order this game from Canada not even from the state!!

yeah dont think that was too smart of a move to only release to steam for America. anyway is the cd ver on CD wow the uk ver or US ver or does it even matter?

My arma was the 505 UK release sold by gogamer.com. Never had any issues.

buying from cdnow ..now. hope shipping does not take to long

great. For some reason cdwow won't take my visa card :(

i jus decided to go through steam even though i would have preferred a different option. really sucks that cant pre dl the game, maybe a few days before release they will unlock it, so i dont have to spend the entire release day dling and installing it.

buying from cdnow ..now. hope shipping does not take to long

LockDOwn, could you possibly send me a link for where you got this, I looked on CDNow and didn't find a thing:confused:?

-Thanks

LockDOwn, could you possibly send me a link for where you got this, I looked on CDNow and didn't find a thing:confused:?

-Thanks

yea, i ordered mine from the UK site not the US, didn't see they have a US site, i hope this wouldn't effect delivery time.

Edited by InFireBaptize

Thanks, mine will be here soon enuff :bounce3:

Good site....$39.99 I even added the .50 insurance, lol.

From the email confirm, seems the insurance is delivered seperately, haha

If you have ordered more than one item, each item will arrive separately.

Insurance for Online Order : $0.50

ARMA II: Armed Assault : $39.99

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

They had it for $37.99 a few days ago. I preordered before that and sent them an email asking about it and they sent me a $2.00 voucher. Not as good as a $2.00 refund, but I'll settle for anything. Already getting a deal since it's $10 cheaper than Steam (and possibly getting it earlier).

Wonder if CD NOW can ship into Canada.(some babble about cross border , electronic media and security from others)

Refuse to buy anything through Steam again as you can't run the game without having Steam and all it's inherent over head. Not to mention the congested servers and slow DL speeds.

Odd that for such a highly anticipated game that we , the consumer , have to go hunting so hard for it and there seem to be so few places to buy it.

Local stores (Future Shop , Best Buy , London Drugs) say as far as they know , they won't be getting a retail version and the release date is June 14.

US publisher is supposedly being announced soon, meaning US retail discs on store shelves. I imagine that US publisher will also publish in Canada (although it's not a given) and even if it isn't published in Canada it's still not too difficult or expensive for Canadians to order something from the US.

Look at it this way, the longer you wait the more likely the game is to be patched into a better state (and the less frustration of having to deal with imperfections in the game as it is).