celery

Is ArmA better than OFP?

Which game is better?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is better?

• Armed Assault
    • Operation Flashpoint
    • I haven't played both of them

OFP was much better,better islands(i hate arma's "spanish" setting,including names),no random voices,better overall feeling,better campaign+resistance addon+it's campaign,better fps,much more user addons and sp campaigns.

Im not exactly sure what option to choose in this poll, but i can tell you i had more fun while playing OFP. OFP era was very good for me. I believe ArmA2 will bring it again with a new and better computer :)

how can u compare a game of 2007 with a game of 2001?

Right so.

Different games as a result of "evolution".

There are already threads of "nostalgia".

I like to read them, they have "points" that are true.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=86361

But that's what it is to me: 90 % nostalgia. And that's ok.

10 % is: There are things that didn't run wrong, but erased earlier "atmosphere".

For example JIP erases a lot of atmosphere to me:

People come and go and don't fight till the end - which is the most exciting thing to do. You CAN win with INF only, if other side has destroyed your HEAVY FACTORY etc. etc. etc.

On the other hand JIP is a clear technical jump, because in earlier days you sometimes "lost connection" because of your ISP or PC crash ... and a three hour combat was more than "lost" than ...

Nevertheless I prefered the peoples slowly assembling and waiting for others, talking rubbish and this way ... mostly unconsciously ... building up excitement.

There is no instant-steady-if-you-please - possibility to create excitement - you gotta be patient in a way.

And ... people who left the server without serious excuse during gameplay: They got banned!

A whole lot of crappy multiplayer gaming - frustrating to all - wouldn't happen, if you would have no JIP. Gaming was closer and more serious.

Sure you can lock the server ... but as you don't have a clan (perhaps), you have no chance. And most important: With JIP people don't "learn" to cling together, they don't share the fate of the troop.

But I don't vote for disabling JIP - just have to realize something good happens to destroy a certain kind of atmosphere for serious gaming for non-clan-gamers.

But one thing, and happily I could turn it off, I will indeed not applaud to is "post processing". I causes me headaches when turned on.

Edited by Herbal Influence

With CWR in a usable state, there's almost no reason to play OFP anymore.

With CWR in a usable state, there's almost no reason to play OFP anymore.

Apart from the zillion of addons available ;)

I love both OFP and Arma, but as much as OFP is my heart and soul and the yesterday i love, play Arma mostly with my own collection of addons and tweaks to maker the game how I want.

I do have CWR mod and that really brought me back.

I can say Arma is not better than OFP as OFP is not better than arma, in a way its personal preference, you really cant compare as they are in their own setup are very different in how the game looks, feels, and plays.

Its up to the player what they like, i still play OFP once in a while.

OFP will always beat ArmA hands down. ArmA is eye candy only for OFP players. Play wise i'd rather have CTI than evolution.

OFP and ARMA are the exact same, pointless thread much?

If you are talking about Dragon Rising (i refuse to put OFP2 as it is not a sequel) then each has some interesting and effective mechanics to bring to the table.

OFP and ARMA are the exact same, pointless thread much?

Your statement is both false and pointless.

OFP was and IS A BETTER GAME. The atmosphere is great. Gameplay rocks. I remember how i played it when i was 11. It was so fun. I was hiding in the bushes waiting for enemies and then you hear a shot from behind and your dead. a single shot and you're finished....man those were great days...

Multiplayer was great enough. I made a simple mission and played it with my frien. Just a huge battle field in Nogova desert. 40X40 soldiers. All fied was covered with dead bodies. and no lag. arma lags even with 20 soldiers on a map.

OFP changed gaming world but arma- added moree bugs

I have to say these results really surprised me.

OFP rocks in atmosphere and mood - I just finished my Afganistan coop mission with my friends. It was so awesome words can't describe.

Then we have this big hole, which leaves a big question "why?". The hole which should be something like OFP 1,5, but it wasn't. Maybe it had SQF like someone stated, maybe You could have 2 door gunners... but damn, it looked like game\engine bloopers that got cut out. To sum it all up... it just sucked, and it was nowhere near OFP.

And now we have ArmA 2, which is just OFP 2. It rocks again. And it's a dose of awesomness that I think only BIS (about which I used to say some very, very bad words, mainly because of my hardware not being close to "recommended" specs) can beat again.

OFP and ArmA 2. There's nothing between. Yeah.

Yeah. Arma for me is more like just a modding platform. ArmA2 needs good computer. But it runs quite good on my old PC. Atmosphere is good. Campaing is little confusing. I hate playing for one squad. And once again campaing is saying bad about russians and communism. I'm sick of it. In Soviet Union people in Latvia had job, meal, free education. But now our country is peace of...you know.

Anyway OFP IS better and ArmA 2 is wery similar to it. One day I will make a mod(if no one will make it faster) and play OFP missions in it. Just need to buy a new CPU for my PC.

OFP and ArmA 2. There's nothing between. Yeah

lol, you havent tried Warmod for Arma.

lot of good mods for Arma, arma 2 is cool but im waiting for more stuff to come out for it before i get back into it.

OFP was the best

I don't see nothing special about WARMOD. Tbh there's nothing You can do to beat ACE1

PS: I'm a modding freak, so belive me, I know what I'm talking about.

I don't see nothing special about WARMOD. Tbh there's nothing You can do to beat ACE1

was there a competition that i didn't know about?

should i care whether you prefer ACE or not, do you see me cutting down ace because i think this or that, i dont, i have a respect for ACEmod as much as i do as many others.

Warmod was made for myself and friends, they liked it so much so i made it availiable to the community, considering too that Acemod has a team of people, my mod is just me.

dont compare mods here their not the same, unless you played warmod without Bias in your head in favor of Ace or another mod to start, then you wont appreciate what it has to offer, and at any rate warmod is a compilation mod of many mods from alot of great modders including Proper mods, trugameplay mods, ECS, and GL3 to name a few of the bigger ones in warmod.

I like Acemod myself and have played Warmod with Ace and it just makes ace alot better in my opinion, please dont be rude, and ignorant, were all members of the same OFP/Arma/Arma 2 community here, if you want to be a childish dick about what is better then go to the COD forums were that Bs flurishes, I hear they need more kidddies to play their $60 game cuz they dont have enough money yet.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Cmon, flame me a little more, make yourself feel better

No, this ends here. Günter Severloh, there's no need for name calling and JonPL, such provoking messages aren't tolerated either. Consider yourselves warned. Now back on topic, please.

hey people. The voting is not fair.

Post this voting in ofp thread and see ofp winning ;)