Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

Ok it's getting out of hand with all these separate threads saying when will it be released, etc. So here's the full 505 territories list:

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand. Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino and The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Israel, Middle- East, Romania, Bulgaria and Japan, South Korea

Of those, the release dates we have confirmed so far are:

EU - June 19th

Australia/New Zealand - June 26th

South Africa - June 26th

Israel/Middle East - June 26th

Japan - June 26th

Until we hear otherwise the rest are June 19th, some of the smaller EU countries may get slight delays due to logistics but there's no certainties either way.

And to go hand in hand with this: The official ArmA2 where to buy? Thread

Edited by Placebo

I checked my local game store and they dont have ArmA II on their release list at all, when will ArmA II be released downunder in stores?

Thanks,

Rico

No news of it, we got OFP2 preview boxes already and Arma2 is gona come out way before OFP2. Whats up?

ArmA 2 is not a mainstream game as DR purports itself to be. Those spaces are valuable for high profile games, such as CoD, GTA etc.

I asked the salesman to check the computer, I'm not refering to a silly shelf, I mean it isnt in the computer at all, he even asked if it was under a different name, nothing, nada, zipo.

Sorry, I was just responding to the post above me.

As to your question - I don't know, but it certainly is a worry...I want to get it as soon as it is released.

I got the same response when I asked at EB Games in Melbourne 2 weeks ago, the salesman said its not on their upcoming releases. Typical :(

Looks like us aussies will be downloading the EU version! :(

No, if its not for sale in stores than I aint getting it, and I suggest others do it also. My opinion tho.

No, if its not for sale in stores than I aint getting it, and I suggest others do it also. My opinion tho.

Why???? :confused:

You can be the one that misses out then :)

I dont buy stuff online, and if they cant be bothered to sell it in aus then they arent worth giving our $$ to. After all they are meant to be pursuading us to buy the game, not the other way around.

They should be selling it in aus, its just a question of when lol, which comes back to BI releasing info on sales in areas other than Europe, afaik thats the only date given sofar :(

Edited by RicoADF

I dont buy stuff online, and if they cant be bothered to sell it in aus then they arent worth giving our $$ to. After all they are meant to be pursuading us to buy the game, not the other way around.

They should be selling it in aus, its just a question of when lol, which comes back to BI releasing info on sales in areas other than Europe, afaik thats the only date given sofar :(

To each thier own, but I'll be playing arma2 while your still waiting for it :pistols:

No point in getting it if it isnt sold retail in Australia. Only the few die hard fans would order it from overseas. The community will be smaller than Arma1 for sure.

No point in getting it if it isnt sold retail in Australia. Only the few die hard fans would order it from overseas. The community will be smaller than Arma1 for sure.

You just can't miss a single chance to rant about ARMA 2, can you?

You just can't miss a single chance to rant about ARMA 2, can you?

Post deleted. Can't be bothered to have this kind of discussion.

EDIT: Just for the sake of staying on topic, it's always possible to get the UK version if an AUS release isn't announced soon. If I recall correctly, a lot of US guys did that back when ArmA1 was released.

Edited by MadDogX

Yeah, I don't give a flying if it doesn't end up in stores over here. Last time I ebay'd the Czech version.

biglaughat.gif LOL - as if you won't buy it. biglol.gif

It's already listed in a few places, especially online stores who deliver the boxed DVD version. If you don't have a credit card, ask someone to buy it on your behalf. Some also support: direct deposit, cheque, money orders, EFTPOS, cash (if local).

Here's some early news already (quick google):

gameswarehouse

gamesmarket

gpstore

gamehead

dvdorchard

topShop

cdWow

hifiExpress

games101

Watch these sites for best price comparisons (once it's out):

gamesTracker price compare

myShopping

shopBot

It's far more likely to be found from online stores since one single site covers the whole country. Whereas with stores, they may have hundreds of shops to deal with. I don't think I have ever been to a game shop for years now.

I remember Arma was only seen in a few places in the weeks just after release. I had to tell a few places about it to get it in stock at online stores, but I never ended up buying it from them anyway and got it overseas since I couldn't wait that long.

Edited by Dr_Eyeball
links

Anybody in Melbourne;

Go to Dungeon Crawl on Elizabeth St, just north of Bourke St, 1 or 2 shops (on the left if you're facing north).

They import PC and PS3 games (since they're region-free) if they're available earlier overseas than Australia.

It's where I got my copy of ArmA. :)

Theres also a shop just north of dungeon crawl on elizabeth st, forget the name, but they sell alot of flight sim's and pro flight sticks, stuff like that, i got my copy of Arma there, i'd bet they'll have Arma2 when the time comes, ill check it out tomorrow.

Yeah but remember the Arma1 community in Australia? It was really small. Kinda hoping it would be bigger for Arma2.

The question is why no official big release in Australia? We shouldnt have to hunt around for the game... it should be released just like any other game and easily obtainable.

The aussie community wont be big if the average gamer cant just walk into a computer shop or even JB (which sell many games now) and pick it up of the shelf going by the box... many communities grow in this way.

Not everyone is hardcore and researches the game before it comes out, like us :)

So I'm hoping it will be out here and easily purchasable so the Aussie community grows!

Last I heard the official release date here was 23rd of June? ... this is where it was listed but NOW i see it has been moved into the 2009 unknown slot? :( disappointed!

http://games.on.net/filelist.php?mode=releasedate

Yapa

The question is why no official big release in Australia? We shouldnt have to hunt around for the game... it should be released just like any other game and easily obtainable.

The aussie community wont be big if the average gamer cant just walk into a computer shop or even JB (which sell many games now) and pick it up of the shelf going by the box... many communities grow in this way.

Not everyone is hardcore and researches the game before it comes out, like us :)

So I'm hoping it will be out here and easily purchasable so the Aussie community grows!

Last I heard the official release date here was 23rd of June? ... this is where it was listed but NOW i see it has been moved into the 2009 unknown slot? :( disappointed!

http://games.on.net/filelist.php?mode=releasedate

Yapa

QFT 10chars

Thats my point, its BI's job to sell the game, not make us work for it :j:

As for buying it off the sites, once again I dont buy online so its useless. Ontop of that, the fact BI wont give a release date for Aus/NZ, US etc is rather pathetic in the modern world of gaming when OFP2 already has a release date.