Sign in to follow this  
gimpymoo

Who is publishing the UK release and will it be on STEAM?

Is it 505 Games who are handling the UK release? Please say YES, ATARI are stupid and deserve to die in fire.

Also, any news as to whether there will be a UK STEAM release or any other digital distribution platform for that matter.

Edited by Gimpymoo

... are stupid ...

... any news as to weather there will ...

... quoted for the truth...

72;1280379']Yes it's 505.

Thank you.

Gosh' date=' it must be soo hard being soo perfect............ Oh, wait

well i disagree with the gamestar video, the quality in the videos inst really good...........
Edited by Gimpymoo

Mocking people's spelling is flamebaiting, do not do it again please.

Gimpymoo just because someone acts stupid towards you doesn't mean you should reciprocate, please refrain, use the report post button instead.

Mocking people's spelling is flamebaiting, do not do it again please.

Gimpymoo just because someone acts stupid towards you doesn't mean you should reciprocate, please refrain, use the report post button instead.

+1 WARNING for PLAcebo from me for flambaiting, you called me stupid.

oh and abusing one o YOUR publishers isnt flaiming...

You're welcome to discuss the issue with me via PM, you're not welcome to do it on the forums. Infraction given.

Is it 505 Games who are handling the UK release? Please say YES, ATARI are stupid and deserve to die in fire.

Also, any news as to whether there will be a UK STEAM release or any other digital distribution platform for that matter.

How do you know Atari are stupid?

off topic:

MY thread of the day :D it's like the the stuff happening at CM eheh

on topic:

I hope steam is not forced onto us, I dislike it as much as COD games, for various reasons.

I thought it was common knowledge?

I dunno, i like what steam offers in ways of friends system and buying and downloading games is easy :)

For people actually living in an area that is located near Steam's servers, Steam is very nice, though I've heard accounts from people off the beaten path (do not take that phrase as an insult or I'll choke the hell out of yah) who have severe connection issues with Steam among other things. For me Steam is a great luxery because I hate having to dig up discs and manuels or papers with serial codes everytime I want to reinstall a game I have. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to have Medieval 2: Total War have a single piece of paper with your serial number on it, separate from the manual. I know more than a few people who's misplaced that little bastard.

However being ArmA2 isn't a Valve game, there's no way Steam is going to be "forced" on anyone. I have ArmA through Steam and I can run it without ever bringing Steam up. Same with most 3rd party games are through Steam.

I misplaced the next-to-useless manual for Crysis somehow. It took them around 5 weeks to simply email me a replacement CD key and an automated message. CD keys are just an another completely avoidable problem to deal with. I apologize for off-topic posting. But the majority of this topic is off-topic anyways. Anyways, on topic:

Arma II will most likely be on Steam, since Arma was.

They're french ?

No, wait, forget what I said, it can't be just that :D

Well actually I never had problem with them, i never had to fight them too...

IIRC they are known for no customer support aren't they ?

btw, yes, I'm french :cool:

Steam would be nice. I have nephews who love to go into my belongings and mess with them. Especially my CDs.

They're french ?

No, wait, forget what I said, it can't be just that :D

Well actually I never had problem with them, i never had to fight them too...

IIRC they are known for no customer support aren't they ?

btw, yes, I'm french :cool:

Atari are American. They are currently owned by Infrogames which is French.

Having changed my ISP's and forgotten my password, my STEAM games are all lost to me.

Thankfully I bought the CD's. I assume I can still play them in offline mode although to be fair they are so old I doubt I ever will.

Not really a big fan of STEAM, seems like an excellent service, but I don't like having to launch other programs to play my games, or having to have them installed in my c:\programfiles\Steam folder etc etc.

I'm planning on installing a solid state gard drive exclusively for use by ArmA 2 (speed up the old LOD draw times), if this was a STEAM game, I would be unable to do that.

I've never bought a game off STEAM. They cost twice as much as buying them from the shop, when the disc have been printed and the manuals; and a lorry driver has sent them to a shop who has stored and stocked them and hired someone to sit around and sell them and paid really high rents on the shop front.

It's a pisstake.

Patching is pretty easy with STEAM.

Edited by Baff1

Steam users always get their patches late, that sucks because everyone else moves to the latest version the day its out and they are often left waiting for weeks.. plus you often pay more.. for what? No box, manual, disk...

Im old fashioned, still like tearing the plastic from the DVD box like a little kid :D .

BIS might release a few patches, maybe beta patches.. its a no brainer.

I have been looking at these forums for years only got an account recently and I post very little (So shows how much the following means:))

Im old fashioned, still like tearing the plastic from the DVD box like a little kid :D .

I totally agree having a physical object is always nice :D along with the unwrapping and the feeling of a new manual that you don’t need to print off and can be skimmed through on install...... er anyway

On topic: Arma on steam = (one would think) Arma2 on steam

I hope it's released on Steam. I don't have a credit card and they won't be releasing it in my country. I have PayPal, which Steam accepts, and need to download the game digitally.

Has 505 confirmed that they will offer it electronically on June 19th? Meaning I could DL it from them like you could with ArmA 1? (And yes I have searched)

Edited by Rekrul
typo

Yes this will be coming out on Steam as well as other portals including the 505 games digital distribution service. (in the uk)

YAY!

Thank you sooo much, I love Steam, and hearing it's conformation just made my day:party: