Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

If you have RO2, you get RS "Lite", rifleman only. If you got RS, you get RO2 "Lite".

Guess they're leaving for the players to decide if is worth it to pay for it, since a good chunk of people bought RO2 for a ridiculous price.

indeed very nicely done trailer ... and I like the approach of RO2 owners being able play w/o need to own RS, even just as infantryman ... hopefully more companies follows the suit how give glimpse on new content and MP uniformity

Today's changelog:

General:

Full Gore Enabled for German builds of the game

InB4Reset experience bonus has been turned off

Game Mode:

Fixed a bug where players who took over bots could not climb ladders

Fixed several cases where players who took over bots could end up in a stuttering state

Fixed a case where players were spawning outside of play area in FireFight

In Firefight, added Thompson SMG to automatic rifleman - Known Issue that this is not working on FF-Hanto

Fixed Engineers losing points destroying objectives on swapped team in Multiplayer Campaign

UI:

Fixed a case where the spawn selection menu would disappear

Fixed Role Screen placing you in another role when players spawned

Added a message to the commander that called a recon plane in that lets him know if his recon plane was shot down

Added a kill message when a recon plane is shot down

Weapon:

Fixed iron sights on the lvl 50 BAR putting the player into the cover state

Fixed BAR not being able to lean out of left or right cover with iron sights

Fixed lvl 50 Type99 LMG scoped mouse sensitivity being too low

Fixed a case where players lower body would not animate during machine gun reloads

Fixed an infinite fire exploit

Fixed machine guns breaking when taking over a bot in Countdown

Recon Plane:

Fixed the recon plane sometimes not spawning when called

Fixed the recon plane sometimes starting it’s path from the wrong location

Fixed recon planes getting stuck between rounds

Recon planes are now easier to shoot down

Shooting down the enemy recon plane no longer gives a negative score

Improved damage effects for when recon planes are damage or shot down

Modified the points awarded for killing a recon plane

Guadalcanal:

Objectives A and B now lock when captured.

Increased capture time of A and B from 15s to 20s.

Reduced capture time of C from 30s to 25s.

Fixed cover bugs.

Fixed missing / misplaced sounds.

Fixed a stationary MG at A that was too low

Hanto:

Increased capture time of the Base Camp (d) from 15s to 25s.

Fixed cover bugs.

Iwojima:

Objectives A and B now lock when captured.

Increased capture time of A and B from 15s to 20s.

Reduced capture time of C from 30s to 25s.

Fixed cover bugs.

Kwajalein:

Reduced Axis spawn time from 25s to 20s.

Modified the capture volume shape on the last objective slightly.

Cleaned up NoArtilleryVolumes.

Fixed cover bugs.

Peleliu:

All 3 fixed MGs will now spawn at the first two objectives instead of randomly picking 2.

Moved Axis spawn for the Airfield Defences (b) back about 20 meters.

Fixed cover bugs.

Barashka:

Fixed radios not working in Barashka 16p version

PunkBuster:

Update to server Punkbuster files to fix or greatly reduce the instances where full servers lag out for a short period of time and give a large amount of the clients on the server "speed hack detected" errors.

I don't even knew you could shot down the recon plane.

Anyway: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=92765

Changes in the Classic mode; a little speed up, when going ADS it will take a time to allign weapon sights among other things. Sounds good.

Even more for an "arcade twitch shooter" :j:

Also, this is so smooth: http://i.minus.com/i7Dp9McbG84KO.gif

Edited by Smurf

Too little too late. They're still tweaking basic gameplay mechanics nearly two years after release. Post release updates are welcome, but you would think they would be content or upgrade oriented. Not trying to fix the game nearly two years later. IMO they should just call it quits, admit they did a poor job, and make an RO3. And either make it similar to the first game or just make a proper CoD clone.

I have a feeling they are better suited for zombie game type stuff these days though.

BI still tweaking their game 12 years later bwahaha.png

But seriously, after the bad launch the game is far from broken for a while now and is the only *modern* middleterm between Arma and something arcade. Tactics and teamwork are cornerstones here even with the game beign action focused.

*: Downloading BF2, waiting for PR v1.0, it will be awesome and will have populated public servers!

Honestly i think RO2 isn't that bad nowadays, the thing is that they keep thinking on making Action mode servers and publicy them as normal gameplay from the game. Obviously Action sucks and most of the players just play that at first.

I have been playing on some Classic servers from some time, and I have had some good time in some firefights, it feels closer to a "Realistic" gameplay to me.

Their problem is that they are having difficulty finding the balance between realism and arcade. And they seem to shove arcade down our throats. Had they kept one realism level (like RO1) the game would have sold much better. And probably been less buggy. The game is certainly better but still suffers from some odd issues, such as horrid LOD changing, odd aiming and movement mechanics which are more clunky that RO1, some randomized stats and unlocks, and more.

I will just wait for Festung Europa and or Traction Wars.

Turn the page.

Edited by Smurf

Wait, so German versions get full gore too? My Steam still says "Low Violence" version. If that's true, I may just have to buy it during the next sale.

Next sale is happening now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510 and http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

If you buy RS, you get RO2 Multiplayer included with your purchase but don't get the RO2 Single Player Campaign.

If you buy RO2, you get the SP and a very limited version of RS, which means you get all the RS maps but can only select the rifleman class, you can not level anything up, or unlock, and you are continually reminded to buy RS after each RS match you play.... Thus you still end up having to pay more later on to get what you would have got if you just bought RS off the bat.

Since it's a new page...

Second wave of custom maps released:

nLWVGKA5fKo

Following on from the release of the first set of maps from our $35,000 Counterattack Mapping Contest for Red Orchestra 2 – and the release of the critically-acclaimed Rising Storm – Tripwire Interactive has the second pack of maps to add into the game as Official Custom Maps. Today we are releasing the final three of those maps for Red Orchestra 2 completely free. And don’t forget that these will be available to everyone who bought Red Orchestra 2 OR Rising Storm (which includes all RO2 Multiplayer content). To help out further, we have Red Orchestra 2 (75% discount) AND Rising Storm (50% discount) on sale on a Midweek Madness deal on Steam from Tue 30 July through Thu 1 Aug.

These are some of the best maps you’ll see – adding some great new gameplay. All are included for free for everyone who owns the game. Don’t forget there are more great community maps and content on Steam Workshop, so head on over there now! We’ve also got a trailer for the pack showcasing these awesome new maps. You can view it on Vimeo or Youtube

The second Counterattack Map Contest Pack contains the following new maps:

• Bridges of Druzhina – features asymmetrical gameplay with the Soviets attacking across open country supported by a single tank, through a destroyed city and on to the final bridge.
  • Cold Steel – a lethal warren of huge factory buildings, creating both longer-range fire-fights and sudden, brutal close-quarters battles.
  • Gumrak Station – a re-imagining of an old favorite from the original Red Orchestra, as the Germans assault through trenches and a small village to the railway station of the title.

Also there are the 2 RS maps coming, they started a $25k contest for RS maps, are working on new official maps and there is patch incoming.

Quick question here...

I spotted something called Digital Deluxe Upgrade for both RO2 & RS. What's that stuff in Deluxe packages some sort of exclusive stuff available only from Deluxe version owners?

If I have a regular version does this will be available for me after reaching certain level or what. Can anyone explain me this ?

Day 1 Unlock of: the US M12 Trench shotgun, the Japanese Type 99 Machine Gun, the Japanese Type 99 Sniper Rifle with 4X scope (level 2), and the US M1 Garand with bayonet (Level 2).

2 Rising Storm soldier playable characters for Killing Floor.

Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2 soundtracks.

Will include the Red Orchestra 2 Steam Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade (4 day 1 unlock weapons, 2 playable RO2 KF characters, and 2 RO2 hats in TF2).

Day 1 Unlock of the Elite Assault Weapons (MKb 42(H) and AVT-40) and Semi Auto Sniper Weapons (SVT-40 and G 41(W):

Team Fortress 2 German and Russian hats ("Genuine" if bought during pre-purchase):

Two new characters for Killing Floor - Russian and German Soldier Re-enactors:

it just allows you unlock weapons instantly instead of progressing via experience to them ...

Nothing special, just like I was thinking. Thanks for clarification anyways ;)

Guys, what are your opinions regarding Rising Storm? Do you like the new game and pacific theater or you simply prefer RO2 because of (name the features) ?

I found it fine, it really adds to the game, but i would have prefer more RO2 content anyway rather than a new front. (Platoon mortars (81mm 50mm), Molotovs, new grenades, flamethrowers, watercooled mg's, grenade launchers, tanks, etc.)

Some new combined arms maps a la DH would have been great, but somehow they couldn't make for new advertising since they are things that they suppose to be integrated by now in RO2. So RS is a good way to get new sales and new content at the same time.

Although, I feel that RS has lost momentum and by now it's not that great as when it was released.

The next patch will add two new weapons: the russian SMG PPS and the japanese sniper rifle type 97. Also a working APC (Unversal carrier) and the devs are working closely to the community which is making some more vehicles; the map Betio; Revamped MP campaign mode (really nice mode) and a new one: Skimirish, Coop, no more details but these guys also made Killing Floor so....

Details:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=94639

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=94902

Probable changelog for the upcoming patch: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=95378

Great changes for a game given as "dead" numerous times and 2+ years old. There is still hope for A3 then :j:

My highlights:

Multiplayer Campaign Mode made officially released and Pacific campaign added

All new level Betio.

New Russian weapon - PPS-42 SMG

New Japanese weapon - Type 97 Sniper Rifle.

Gameplay

Refined prone system - Players will now be able to successfully prone in many more locations

Dropping a primed grenade when killed can now award points for kills

Removed spawn protection when spawning on squad leader

Level Design

Commissars House

Most objective capture times have been slightly increased

All objectives now lock after being captured

Pavlov's House

Balanced artillery amounts for both teams

Decreased tank respawn rates

Added infantry/tank cover around Jan 9th Square

Added field locations for satchel charge pickups'

Both teams now only have 1 tank

Red October Factory

German spawns for the 1st objective now fall back after 3 minutes (similar to Kwajalien)

All objectives lock after being captured

All objectives capture times are slightly increased

Classic Mode

Changed Classic Mode weapons handling. Sway is significantly higher when you first go into ironsights, then ramps down shortly afterwards, then climbs back up a bit if you stay in iron sights (but not as high as when first going into iron sights)

Increased base run speed of players in Classic mode. It now matches the realism default run speed

Sway will reset when transitioning to/from crouched so you get more sway when you have just changed stances.

Hello there

I'm lucky enough to be involved with the testing of RS and the new maps etc and some of the new changes whilst not seeming uber revolutionary are going to greatly change the way existing and new players enjoy the game.

Also, with the recent addition of the user competitions maps and new maps such as Betio the game really opens up into the game into being much more towards that which old RO players really wanted.

There's more to come, the game is far from "dead".

Rgds

LoK

And TWI talked about more official maps for RO2 too (don't think they are the same as the ones you are reffering to, whose belongs to RS?), started to work again on vehicles featuring a working Universal Carrier in this last patch (?) and the changes on the Classic mode seems to be enough to take another and closer look on it. Also, some tweets and posts about the In Country: Vietnam mod: http://www.incountrymod.com/

They probably want to extend for a good while this game, the same way they are doing with Killing Floor. And I'm glad for that!

Soon i will be able to finally play RO2, after all this dam time, i had the game since day 1, even the beta before that, and not once could i get it started,

and of course as I prob said a couple times in the thread here I have a single core, well once I get my new computer put together I will be able to play

the game I payed for. Yay going from a single core to an I7 :459: I will probably be blown away by the insane graphics and speed when i play :computer:

Soon i will be able to finally play RO2, after all this dam time, i had the game since day 1, even the beta before that, and not once could i get it started,

and of course as I prob said a couple times in the thread here I have a single core, well once I get my new computer put together I will be able to play

the game I payed for. Yay going from a single core to an I7 :459: I will probably be blown away by the insane graphics and speed when i play :computer:

And by the AI in Arma, trust me on that ;)

Hello there

Crikey, a single core machine? Must have been damn powerful to run A2/IFL etc!

The future of RO2 is indeed looking rather nice even if the engine is a little creaky compared with modern AAA titles.

Im an excited bunny.

Rgds

LoK