Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

I've tried that profile, it doesn't have any leaning in it.

Yes it does, x axis is lean

Edited by PogMoThoin
had to check what it was mapped to

Yes it does, x axis is lean

Ah, I didn't have it set up in options/controls. :)

Works nicely. Many thanks.

Ah, I didn't have it set up in options/controls. :)

Works nicely. Many thanks.

Enjoy it, took me ages to tweak it.

Arma needs slight deadzones or else the TrackIR is constantly moving causing blur. I've an extra big deadzone for zoom as this is the most nauseating. I tend to use the right click zoom more when looking left & right while running and use trackir for situations like lying prone sniping, in an aircraft etc, its handy have both.

I like your profile because the zoom works so well. There's nothing more intuitive than leaning towards the monitor to zoom in. I've turned off right click zoom because thats my PTT key.

I might tweak it so that the lean is a little more 'snappy'. Plenty of movement while in the deadzone, then a little more movement to get full lean.

I love that profile too, I am just tweaking the deadzones a little as I don't like the snappy feel they bring.

But your profile has given me a base I could have never done on my own, so thanks!

It's the snappyness (made up word) that so works for me. :)

I was wondering if anyone had any idea why when I record with fraps it disables my trackir 5?

As soon as I start record trackir stops and my view is straight ahead only. When I stop record trackir works again.

I was trying to record some vids tonight and I'm a bit baffled.

What are the hotkeys for both programs? It is possible that you are deactivating one or the other when you use a hotkey. I had to change mine to get what I wanted.

What are the hotkeys for both programs? It is possible that you are deactivating one or the other when you use a hotkey. I had to change mine to get what I wanted.

LOL. I just noticed that pause on trackir is default F9 which is the same key for start/stop record on fraps. facepalm

Hey guys, loving my TIR in the game but I thought since this thread was up on the front page, I'd post something that I've been wondering for some time.

Every now and then I get a sort of "twitch" where my view snaps back to what appears to be center for just a split second and then it resumes normally. It's almost not worth mentioning but I was just wondering whether anyone else experiences this. It's similar to the effect when you interfere with your tracking light source with an alternate light source in the BG and your tracking goes haywire momentarily. All my deadzones etc. are set up properly. Was just curious to know if it was possibly an Arma 2 thing or some weird glitch in the matrix.

TIR4 pro + track clip pro & A2 1.05 vanilla

I think that MOST of the issues are with keybindings.

I fell into the same traps and now I always disable all the keybindings apart from "centre view". Why would you want the likes of being able to pause TrackIR anyway...?

This might have been answered, but thread is to long for me to read through :(

The requirements mention a distance of 2-5 feet. I'm at maybe a foot and a half from my display. Would that cause problems? The camera would also sit above the top of my head possibly making things even worse.

1.5 ft is nice too, np. Place the camera on your central monitor, itll run just fine.

The closer you get, the more sensitive it can react, which it has a setting for adjusting.

Height doesn't effect me. If I'm sitting up in my chair I'm close to 2 inches below the camera. When I kick back in my chair, it is about 8 inches.

I use it's "Center" keybind to adjust between the change.

(trackir4, trackclip pro, latest trackir5 software, xp sp3)

I dont seem to be able to turn off the roll axis in the Arma games.

in the trackir software the viewpoint stops rolling when I turn roll axis off, but in Arma 1 and 2 the roll is still there.

Anyone have a solution?

Arma1/2 doesn't do anything with the roll axis. You probably want to disable the analog lean? Unmap it or disable the X axis on TrackIR.

I'm thinking of getting a TrackIR and Trackclip PRO this week. Can anyone comment on how the setup process is for getting things running smoothly with Arma 2? Is it fairly straightforward?

The setup is straightforward, the getting used to it is not. I'm having a hard time myself, and find it easier to simply not use it. But others have made great use of it, so don't take it only from me.

Yup zipper, I actually went into a stage of not using it at all, I just liked being able to say I have it...lol.

But, now that I have got it set up to my liking, I often find myself turning my head trying to look around even when it's not on. So I definitely use it all the time now!

I often find myself turning my head trying to look around even when it's not on.

Exactly the same here :p

big thanx to Pogomothoin on Page 80 for posting his profile.

TrackIR was just not workin right for me and did not feel immersive enuff as a result until i tried his profile - perfect now thanx.

Does Track-IR have a noticeable frame-rate hit on Quad core systems?

I'm on CoreDuoQuad too and no framerate hit here.

I'm playing Bad Company 2 at the moment and I miss the TrackIR!!!!

I'm on CoreDuoQuad too and no framerate hit here.

I'm playing Bad Company 2 at the moment and I miss the TrackIR!!!!

A brand new game and it doesn't support Track IR?

:eek: