Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

laggy how about with a quad core at 2.66ghz and a 260gtx.

i mean the demo is coming out so we will all know way before if we can get i...if not whatever

Well, fair play to Bohemia for releasing a demo. I'll certainly give it a go, as I was really looking forward to it.

I would imagine that as it is a slow, tactical game, 30fps may just cut it.

With a Quad Q6600 at 3.4Ghz and a GTX 260 OC on XP, I'm hoping it will look reasonable at 30 fps, on a 1680x1050 monitor.

After all, I'm on High settings in Crysis with a minimum of 40fps....although i know there's not that much going on compared to Arma2.

BTW, does it support any AA ? I really hate jaggies.

Edited by GabethePilot
Extra line x2

Well, fair play to Bohemia for releasing a demo. I'll certainly give it a go, as I was really looking forward to it.

I thought you meant to say that the demo had been released already.. Damn.

im trying to OC back my ram to 800mhz while keeping my CPU OCed at 3.29ghz, however there is no option on my bios and ive flashed it to the latest version and still can't seem to find out how. I have to downclock my ram to keep my CPU OC stable and make sure i don't fry my ram. But i don't know how to put back my ram to stock speed while keeping cpu oced. I hear ram speeds are also important too so i was thinking damn what to decide, my CPU from 3.0ghz to 3.29ghz or Ram at 800mhz?

How did you make your RAM slower yet your CPU faster? Does the HT link slow RAM down? And what sort of RAM are you using?

I thought you meant to say that the demo had been released already.. Damn.

How did you make your RAM slower yet your CPU faster? Does the HT link slow RAM down? And what sort of RAM are you using?

I assume it's got something to do with the multipliers. CPU speed is measured FSB / 4 * CPU Multiplier, RAM is measured FSB / 4 * RAM multiplier. In my case the stock FSB was 1066 with a 9x CPU and 3x RAM multiplier, giving me 2.4GHz CPU and 800MHz RAM. When I overclocked my CPU I upped the FSB to 1600 and lowered the CPU multiplier to 8x, giving me 3.2 GHz. If I had left the RAM multiplier on 3x that would have clocked my RAM at 1200MHz, which is obviously way too much. So I lowered the RAM multi to 2x and everything was fine.

Not sure what the case is with Russianguy's clock speeds but I guess he's having trouble with the multipliers. :)

Russianguy, would you mind posting your FSB, CPU and RAM multipliers?

Edited by MadDogX

I hope they release the demo today, i wanna test it on my system!:yay::yay:

Originally Posted by Siddern View Post

Since I don't get any answers in the hardware thread in the ArmA forum, I ask it here:

I have a laptop with an Intel core 2 duo @ 2.00ghz, a nvidia GeForce 8600M GS and 3 gig RAM.

When I play ArmA (at low settings) I only get from 15-20 fps! only about 10 fps in areas with heavy vegetation. Is there something wrong, or is my computer that crappy?

Unfortunately, yes, it is. The 2GHz proc is a bit on the low side but your 8600M GS is a very weak card. I take it, because of the M, you're on a laptop?

@Azamato - you will actually get better performance, perhaps. The 8600M is not the same as the 8600, it's much worse. Your 9600 is better than the 8600, so you'll theoretically get better performance. Not great, but better.

I can play the game on 1280x1024

all on low very low

dv 1100m

at 20-35 fps

my specs

amd 64 x2 2ghz

4gb ram ddr2

nvidia 9600GT 512 mb

vista 64

the game is playable it do not look well but its playable.

So maybe its something wrong with your harware or you´re not setting the correct settings.

regards

Edited by lucifer(ADos)
error

I hope they release the demo today, i wanna test it on my system!:yay::yay:

I hope theres an aircraft in it :D

I dont know why you guys are spending 3 and 5 grand on a rig when you can buy the components and build it for half the price. even paying a computer professional will only cost around £50 max to build it. I built this system for £1200 give or take a couple of pounds.

Antec Nine Hundred Two Case,

Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB,

Akasa PowerMax 850W Power supply,

Asus P6T Motherboard LGA1 366 Intel X58 ATX RAID SA,

Intel Core i7-920 D0 Step Processor (8M Cache),

Corsair XMS3 3GB (3x1024M B) DDR3 Memory 1600MHz,

Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler SE1366,

LG GH22NP20 22x DVDRW/ RAM,

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Disk Drive 72 (Two),

SB Audigy SE OEM Creative Sound Blaster,

Windows XP Home Edition.

Now at less than half the price of these rigs mentioned here, and with those specs this rig is just asking to be overclocked and will easily run at 3.6ghz. So save yourselves a fortune guys and build your own or get one built for you.

Edited by Killerwatt

Since I don't get any answers in the hardware thread in the ArmA forum, I ask it here:

I have a laptop with an Intel core 2 duo @ 2.00ghz, a nvidia GeForce 8600M GS and 3 gig RAM.

When I play ArmA (at low settings) I only get from 15-20 fps! only about 10 fps in areas with heavy vegetation. Is there something wrong, or is my computer that crappy?

The 8600GS is a pretty low end card. For those of you who are comparing it to a 9600GT - they are completely different cards. The 9600GT is much faster.

Ofcourse i build my own pc ..

So you chose to include a third graphics card to "improve the phsyics"?

No , i chose 2 GTX 295's, And the GTX285 was from my older pc. So i thought: Why don't i try to put it in for physics?

(Sorry for my bad englisch :) )

i just selled my 9800GX2 en bought a 4890 Black edition specially for Arma 2 !:D

The 8600GS is a pretty low end card. For those of you who are comparing it to a 9600GT - they are completely different cards. The 9600GT is much faster.

Yes thats true for that example but am i right in thinking the 8800GT is the same as the 9800GT only the second is DX10.1 compatible?

I dont know why you guys are spending 3 and 5 grand on a rig when you can buy the components and build it for half the price. even paying a computer professional will only cost around £50 max to build it. I built this system for £1200 give or take a couple of pounds.

Antec Nine Hundred Two Case,

Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB,

Akasa PowerMax 850W Power supply,

Asus P6T Motherboard LGA1 366 Intel X58 ATX RAID SA,

Intel Core i7-920 D0 Step Processor (8M Cache),

Corsair XMS3 3GB (3x1024M B) DDR3 Memory 1600MHz,

Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler SE1366,

LG GH22NP20 22x DVDRW/ RAM,

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Disk Drive 72 (Two),

SB Audigy SE OEM Creative Sound Blaster,

Windows XP Home Edition.

Now at less than half the price of these rigs mentioned here, and with those specs this rig is just asking to be overclocked and will easily run at 3.6ghz. So save yourselves a fortune guys and build your own or get one built for you.

I spent $1500 on the following.

Gigabyte UD5 mobo

i7 920

6 gigs corsair 1600mhz

2 each evga GTX 275 1796mb

corsair 850watt psu

seagate barracuda HD 7200rpm

coolermaster V8 cpu cooler

I'm happy. I oc'd both cpu and cards.

Cpu @ 3.2

I should be fine with arma2 down the road after a few patches. Not worried at all.

No , i chose 2 GTX 295's, And the GTX285 was from my older pc. So i thought: Why don't i try to put it in for physics?

(Sorry for my bad englisch :) )

You upgraded a computer from a GTX285 to 2x GTX295s? Where do you get all this money to waste? Can I have some plx? :yay:

Yes thats true for that example but am i right in thinking the 8800GT is the same as the 9800GT only the second is DX10.1 compatible?

Nope. nVidia hasn't released a 10.1 compliant card, and never will with DX11 around the corner. The only difference is support for Hybrid SLI and triple SLI, and some models of the 9800GT are built on a smaller die process. So for all intents and purposes, they are the same card.

Cpu @ 3.2

Oh go on... Get a better fan and push it up to 4 :p

Oh go on... Get a better fan and push it up to 4 :p

I will when I feel I have the need. But I'll probably go with a water cooler for that.

:)

I just don't have to money to blow, 3.2 is very safe and I feel happy knowing that I didn't spend $900 for the 3.2 chip.

I'll try 3.5 and 3.6 maybe and see how it runs.

what's a good fan? btw.

This is my first time rebuilding a system/building.

I feel so proud of doing it all. I'm not going to spend 3k again on a gaming pc!!

My wife was a bit worried thinking that I was going to blow the tower up and money wasted!!

Edited by Soulfly

The Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme (see here, the review is of the heatsink without the fan, although you can get one with a fan included easily enough) are widely considered to be the best heatsinks around.

And yeah, it's funny to see Dell/HP computers in shops and see how badly people are getting ripped off by the big companies for crappy PCs.

@Soulfly. Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler SE1366 is a twin fan cooler and seems to be very popular with lots of overclockers. Just google it for reviews.

The TRUE-120 can be used as a single or dual fan cooler. Im pretty sure it's a better cooler than the Noctua, at least review I say said as much.

hey guys, how do you think my rig will perform?

Intel X9650 Extreme 2 (Quad) @ 3.00GHZ

2GB DDR3 RAM (I am getting more RAM this weekend :) )

GTX 260

Vista x32

Edited by koenigsegg
forgot something

What about meeeee? Tomorrow I pick up my new rig -

i7 920 @ 2.6ghz

6gb DDR3 RAM

4870x2

Vista 64 Home Premium

:( I hope it's ok

hey guys, how do you think my rig will perform?

Intel X9650 Extreme 2 (Quad) @ 3.00GHZ

2GB DDR3 RAM (I am getting more RAM this weekend :) )

GTX 260

Vista x32

I think high.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

What about meeeee? Tomorrow I pick up my new rig -

i7 920 @ 2.6ghz

6gb DDR3 RAM

4870x2

Vista 64 Home Premium

:( I hope it's ok

High/ Very high thats what i think