Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Water?

The liquid thingy you can drink and/or drown in. :D

Well, didn't read the whole topic, but I guess:

Asus P43 motherboard

with

Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.6 (standard)

and

Asus HD4850 512 MB (standard)

together with

4 GB of RAM and Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

would do the trick (on high settings).

HMM should be good i got the same stuff except i got a Nvidia 260gtx sli but i head it dont support sli..

I asked 1000 times about 2.66 qc support i think it would be good

This is what Steam say:

System Requirements

Minimum:

o OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista

o Processor: Dual Core CPU (Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, Intel Core 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster)

o Memory: 1 GB RAM

o Graphics: GPU (Nvidia Geforce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM

o Hard Drive: 10 GB free HDD space

Recommended:

o OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista

o Processor: Quad Core CPU or fast Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)

o Memory: 2 GB RAM

o Graphics: Fast GPU (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB VRAM

o Hard Drive: 10 GB free HDD space

Hey guys.. sorry for the repeat question but how do you think it will run on my rig? I'm hoping for medium at best but from what ive read im not sure..

C2D E6750 @ 2.66GHz

4GB RAM

8800GTS 640MB

Vista x64

Thanks in advance :D

Hey guys.. sorry for the repeat question but how do you think it will run on my rig? I'm hoping for medium at best but from what ive read im not sure..

C2D E6750 @ 2.66GHz

4GB RAM

8800GTS 640MB

Vista x64

Thanks in advance :D

Based on the many posts in this thread and the ArmaII Mark thread, I'd estimate low settings will run decent at a decent resolution ;)

I have read somewhere that CPU is the real "fps killer" in this game and not so much the video card (although it is needed an average/good one), this is how some people is getting better results with average video cards, or noticiable advantage with same video card but better CPU. Also, some people is reporting not great fps changes while changing most of the graphical options and that is a symptom of CPU bottleneck.

I have read somewhere that CPU is the real "fps killer" in this game and not so much the video card (although it is needed an average/good one), this is how some people is getting better results with average video cards, or noticiable advantage with same video card but better CPU. Also, some people is reporting not great fps changes while changing most of the graphical options and that is a symptom of CPU bottleneck.

It really depends on what video card you have, what CPU you have, what settings you're using and what mission you're playing.

You should ask this in the System Specs thread, seeing as it's the proper place for it.

If that's the case then you tell that to everyone because i was'nt the only one asking this question. :rolleyes:

C2D E6750 @ 2.66GHz

4GB RAM

8800GTS 640MB

Vista x64

:D

I have:

C2D E6850 @ 3.0 GHz

3 GB RAM

8800 GTX 768 MB

Vista 32

My ArmA2 runs OK but not excellent.

Personally I think that your CPU (at least with this ArmA2 version (1.01)) is the bottleneck, meaning it should be playable but not more.

My personal experience is that graphics settings up or down doesn't really change the FPS, but more units on the map (AI) does, which is mainly dependent on the CPU.

Laggy

Edited by laggy

laggy how about with a quad core at 2.66ghz and a 260gtx.

i mean the demo is coming out so we will all know way before if we can get i...if not whatever

Hi guys, you're probably sick of answering these questions but I'm in the process of buying a new computer for gaming and as it's been a couple of years since I've looked at processors and graphics cards and the likes, I'm not really up to speed with them and could use some help!

This is the current rig I'm looking to buy as it's just at my budget range and can get a good deal on it. How do you think it will handle ArmA 2?

Processor: Q9400 C2QUAD 2.66GHZ S775

Memory: 4GB DDR2 1066Mhz

Video Card: Nvidia 9800GT 1 Gig Dual DVI

HDD: 500 GB Hard Drive

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

Not too sure on the individual part manufacturers or details but any help or feedback on that setup would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hi guys, you're probably sick of answering these questions but I'm in the process of buying a new computer for gaming and as it's been a couple of years since I've looked at processors and graphics cards and the likes, I'm not really up to speed with them and could use some help!

This is the current rig I'm looking to buy as it's just at my budget range and can get a good deal on it. How do you think it will handle ArmA 2?

Not too sure on the individual part manufacturers or details but any help or feedback on that setup would be much appreciated, thanks!

Id say around medium to high depending on your resoultion, id suggest getting a better GFX Card like my one, in my opinion the 9800GT is still a decent card but way overpriced compared to a 4850 which will eat it.., i don't wanna sound like a fanboy here but i personally prefer ATi as they are ban for buck and are dirt cheaper and still give excellent peformance compared to Nvidia.

If you wanna go higher id suggest a ATi 4850 or a 4870 or 4890 512mb or 1GB Version or for Nvidia go with a 275GTX,250GTX,260GTX or even the 285GTX or 295GTX either 512mb or 1GB version, if you can afford it, in my opinion way overpriced...but you decide

As i have been unable to OC my q6600, should ARMA 2 run on my sytem ok, i think it will

Q6600 - Stock speed

4 gig DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12

260GTX

I woould like to run at native res of 1680 x 1050 on XP

Cheers

As i have been unable to OC my q6600, should ARMA 2 run on my sytem ok, i think it will

Q6600 - Stock speed

4 gig DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12

260GTX

I woould like to run at native res of 1680 x 1050 on XP

Cheers

ermm whats the cpu speed?

Sorry 2.4ghz

I think you should be ok around medium settings and some high if possible, but personally id suggest you at least OC your CPU to around 2.8-3.2ghz if you can.. 2.4ghz is a bit slow for arma 2 i heard even if its dual or quad core, its more about the speed....

Cool will try again to get this cpu oc, does not want to play fair.

Will put a post up in the other section of the forum for some help

Cheers

sorry i am wrong i think you can play it at around high settings mostly but just need to OC your cpu

I have a new pc:

Intel i7-975 @ 4,5

6 GB Corsair GT Dominator

EVGA's classified motherboard

Thermaltake thoughpower 1500W

2 TB SATA HDD

2 GTX 295, And 1 GTX285 for the Physics

Antec twelvehundred case

Logitech 530X

G9 Gaming mouse

Loveit:)

I have a new pc:

Intel i7-975 @ 4,5

6 GB Corsair GT Dominator

EVGA's classified motherboard

Thermaltake thoughpower 1500W

2 TB SATA HDD

2 GTX 295, And 1 GTX285 for the Physics

Loveit:)

id say max settings no problems

I lowered the settings a lot for tests and still encounter laggining sometimes. No matter what computer you have, the game needs some bug fixing in order to run smooth. It will take some more time I guess.

If any of you guys know how to use memory dividers, could you please try lowering your RAM speed with them. Without changing your CPU speed. I just want to see what the difference is.

Edited by householddog