Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

In theory, two GTX 285s would outdo a GTX 295 (a GTX 295 is like two GTX275s, except slightly slower). I say in theory because SLI can be somewhat unpredictable at times.

ch_123, Huge to you thanks.

Misters developers, a question to you: It would be desirable to see tests SLI 285 and Qadro SLI 295 in ArmA2.

Edited by DEMONKarelia

Hi fellas!

I need your expert help on computers.

Which component should I upgrade first to get smooth ARMA 2 online multiplayer, with more than 50 humans plus AI ? :confused:

( I am not hosting a server: just joining a dedicated one)

Please kindly note: I am low on cash :p

Here are my PC specs:

- AMD Athlonâ„¢ X2 Dual-Core 4850e (2.5 Ghz)

- Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H mainboard rev 1.1(with built-in graphics Radeon HD 3200 : 512 MB of System RAM set aside for it)

- 2 GB DDR2 6400 memory Kit in Dual-channel mode (Corsair TWIN2X2048 - 6400C5DHX)

(note: Windows XP shows 1.5 GB RAM, because 512 MB is used by the built-in Radeon HD 3200)

- 7200 rpm SATA I Harddisk

- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32bit)

- 17"inch CRT monitor running at 1024x768 pixels @ 32 bit color.

- Coolermaster 460 Watts PowerSupply

- Cable Broadband internet 2Mbps in /256kbps out

Please give me your suggestions. Help a poor fella out..

Thank yoo verrry much for your help !! :bounce3:

Definitely need a video card upgrade. The CPU would probably be enough. What's your budget?

Definitely need a video card upgrade. The CPU would probably be enough. What's your budget?

Hmm, vid card..

Ok, I may be able to spend about 150 USD .. :p

Got any suggestions ?

Might also be good to not have to upgrade my Power supply too :p

Thank you ch_123 & kklownboy ! :D

HI i have a question, can i play arma 2 on some decent setting(and with playable FPS)

with this PC?

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 3328MB RAM DDR2 800MHZ (actually 4GB but windows xp cant work with it)

System Model: Asus P5K-E

Graphic card: ATI HD4850 512MB

Should i buy ARMA 2 at all?

I refuse to play with everything on low, and for PC change is too early for me.

And of course big THANKS to everyone for help :)

(and sry for my english:)

Hi

Kostej, keep terrain and object detail set to normal whilst not going above 1680x1050 res and you should be fine.

Best regards,

Eric

Edited by walle

Ok please tell me if this is good enough and what settings do you think i can run and what fps.

AMD Phenom II X4 920 quad core processor

4 GIGS of ram

7200 500gig HD

Vista home premium

790GX MOBO

4870 1GIG Card & 4890 1GIG Card in Crossfire

850 WTT PSU

22 Inch Widescreen Monitor 1650 x 1050 res 2 ms response time.

Edited by Lightcreated

Hmm, vid card..

Got any suggestions ?

This site here is a pretty good tool for figuring out power consumption. Ideally, if you have a 460W unit, you wouldnt want a spec that consumes more than 380-400W (It's always a good idea to leave a healthy margin of error) If memory serves me correct, the GTS250 is in the $150 price region and is a pretty sound choice. I'd put your system details + a GTS250 into that calculator and see what it draws. If it takes too much power (and I don't think it would, they're meant to be quite power efficient) try a 9800GT instead.

@ch_123

Thank you very much for that link and the video card recommendation! :yay:

Yup, I am looking for power-efficient stuff. Don't want to spend too much on electrical bills :P

Thus I'm using that AMD 4850e (45 Watt cpu).

hi potatomasher, i have a similair system as you do. my CPU is 5600+, 2GB 333Mhz, and my videocard is HD 3870 512 MB. i should be oke then? your screenshot is very nice, what settings is that on?

Well, the one that made that video, seems to have missed something in the settings ( oval scope anyone ? ) , and haven't posted anything about settings, and hardware used to make it.... So it's a bit hard to say if it's game or system (or even user ) dependant.

That being said, I don't notice mutch lod shifting, some, ofcourse, whit the scope of this game, i'm sure not even a cray would handle it without problems ;) , but it's not a big deal to me Aftherall, i'm usualy not looking for flikkering, but enemies :p

Hardware is in my sig. Settings make no difference it happens on low/high. I tried my old 8800gtx card and its exactly the same. This is not an isolated issue as I've seen other videos on youtube where textures flicker. Its been like it since Arma 1 and its very annoying, not playing Arma 2 until its fixed (wont hold my breath).

Well i just played around in the editor and played the training missions but i already can say this is a rough jewel for me.

It is quite the opposite of A1, it feels quick, lot less sluggish, the graphics are extremely beautifull and the effects like the motion blur and head wobbling really add to the atmosphere.

And it runs super smooth where A1 was rather sluggish for me, the last patch changed that a bit but still A1 wasnt feeling perfect.

And what i really hated in A1 was the flying, in A2 its really fun, still not super easy but it feels very responding so you can easily fly between trees with your helicopter, strike targets with unguided weapons or land very precisely.

I know the pros did that too in A1 but in A2 even i can have fun flying without much training.

The Ai so far seems a bit 50/50, the seemed to use the cover and moved around flanking me but it seems often they dont fire too fast at me.

But i need to play some actual missions and see if the campaign has bugs, the core game itself seems very ok to me, a bit patching here and there and i have no doubt that this game is a true OFP sequel.

However that is just my opinion and i have to admit i overlook a few lil bugs when the game itself feels great.

My Specs:

XP professional SP2

AMD Phenom X4 9850

AMD/ATI HD4870 512MB

4GB DDR2-800 Ram ( XP only uses 3,3Gb of it though )

All settings are High or Highest only the postprocessing effect is switched to lowest because that blur is very annoying, yet you still have lots of situation depending blur effects on that setting.

Can you please tell me how high i can run it on my rig, i might have missed a few specs tho.

4 GIGS of ram

7200 500gig HD

Vista home premium

790GX MOBO

850 WTT PSU

Can you please tell me how high i can run it on my rig, i might have missed a few specs tho.

4 GIGS of ram

7200 500gig HD

Vista home premium

790GX MOBO

850 WTT PSU

You should ask this in the System Specs thread, seeing as it's the proper place for it.

Last few posts moved to the ArmA 2: System Specifications/Discussions thread as they don't belong here.

Hmm, vid card..

Got any suggestions ?

i bought this for 108 $ off ebay, defintily an awesome graphics card, and its what BIS recommends for normal/high graphics

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270400076613

i also bought this for 35 $ and so far its good, awesome performance

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339012

Can any one tell me what kind of settings I can get with arma 2 on my computer. Im a complete noob when it comes to computers.

Intel Core 2 duo E8500 3.16ghz

4 gigs of ram

nvidia 9800 Gt

windows vista 64 bit

Same here please:

Intel Q9300

ATI 3870X2 1gig

4 gigs DDR3 Ram 1066

Intel Bonetrail X38BT

Vista 64

Thanks

i bought this for 108 $ off ebay, defintily an awesome graphics card, and its what BIS recommends for normal/high graphics

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270400076613

i also bought this for 35 $ and so far its good, awesome performance

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339012

Thank you USI Shinobi ! Great Stuff ! :D

would this run the game

Intel® Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor

(2.33GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium

4GB DDR2 667MHz memory

768MB NVIDIA® GeForce 9600GS