Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Will my Computer run Arma2 and at what type of performance?

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

4GB RAM

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @2.20GHz

ATI Raedon HD4850

I really want to get Arma2 without any upgrades. Thanks

no to complain or anything, but i was asking how my pc would run arma 2( if it would at all) not what i should upgrade.

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2,93GHz

Corsair Value S. PC5300 DDR2 2GB Kit w/two matched Value Select 1024MB

Gainward GeForce 9800GT

vista home premium

You can run it, you'll want to keep the resolution somewhat low, 1280x1024/1280x800 max, depending on your aspect ratio. Try settings on normal, then just start dropping the one's you least care about to low one by one until you like how it runs. Definitely no AA at all.

Will my Computer run Arma2 and at what type of performance?

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

4GB RAM

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @2.20GHz

ATI Raedon HD4850

I really want to get Arma2 without any upgrades. Thanks

Actually I'd give you the almost the same advice as my advice to the guy above, except your Cpu is gonna be an issue. Post process effects "off". I'd keep most settings on low. Hopefully your video card will pick up some slack and give you a decent frame rate, but I'd say an average of 20-25fps once you get it tweaked properly, mostly because of your Cpu.

An E2200? It's a wonder he can run the OS, let alone the game.

I am thinking of getting a new PC for usage of heavy modding of some other games and simulating huge battles in Arma 2.

Right now I have an AMD 64 X2 6000+ which is not nearly having enough power to run a battle of more than around 100 AI at a playable framerate.

I am using the PC for a lot of other things also and have chosen some of these parts accordingly to that. The thing is that of all these things I do Arma 2 is simply the heaviest by far and it is mostly CPU related.

What is the kind of performance I could expect from the following setup in sense of number of AI at playable FPS (20 - 30)? If I made any error in combination of parts please let me also know. :) Thanks in advance.

Microsoft Vista Ultimate UK 64bit (OEM) incl. Windows 7 voucher

Zalman CNPS10X Extreme

Samsung SpinPoint F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB (SATAII)

Intel Core i7 920

Asus P6T

Club3D GeForce GTX 285 1GB

Samsung SH-S223B DVD-rewriter 22x SATA Black

Corsair HX750W

Cooler Master Centurion 5 Black

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro (PCIe)

Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR3 1600MHz 4GB Kit

Until release of ati 5xxx series i have ordered this computer.... :D

35780 Intel Core i7 860 2.8Ghz Box Socket 1156 211.21

35802 Asus P7P55D Socket 1156 110.34

35947 Xigmatek HDT-S1284 Achilles 24.96

34481 OCZ DDR3 PC3-15000 1866MHz Platinum 6GB 3x2GB 122.41

34877 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA2 MAESTRO 36.16

31807 Cooler Master Dominator CM-690 57.76

34347 OCZ ModXStream PRO 700W Modular 69.83

35880 Asus Radeon HD 4350 Silent 512MB DDR2 LP 25.00

The HD5xxx series are out already :)

You should know better!

HARDWARE THREAD!:D

Sie werden mir gehorchen

Get the Windows disk which came with your computer. Put it into the drive, restart the computer. You should see a prompt asking you whether you want to boot from the CD. Press enter and go through the process. Bare in mind that you will have to reinstall all your drivers after this, and all data on the hard drive will be gone.

I'm planning on getting Arma2. will this PC run it?

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Dual Core 2.8Ghz

500GB SATA II

Super multi DVDRW

nVidia 9600GT 512MB

I'm pretty noob when it comes to stuff like this so any help on improving it would be much appreciated thanks :D

will this PC run it?

gfx card is weakness, but I have the same cpu.

I'd guess it will run on a mixture of med and low settings, aa off and post process off.

there are way too many variables in hardware configurations for anyone to grant you anything but a guess as to how or if it will work for you.

I highly suggest to anyone wondering if their computer will run this game to download the demo.

http://www.arma2.com/demo

-Ziggy-;1447325']gfx card is weakness' date=' but I have the same cpu.

I'd guess it will run on a mixture of med and low settings, aa off and post process off.

there are way too many variables in hardware configurations for anyone to grant you anything but a guess as to how or if it will work for you.

I highly suggest to anyone wondering if their computer will run this game to download the demo.

http://www.arma2.com/demo

Thanks mate. Was hoping to upgrade that later. Downloading the demo first would be a good idea.

I meet all the requirments except for cpu, i'm only running a 1.86Ghz/1.87GHz. Would i still be able to play? I also need a graphics card but i'm not gonna go out and buy one before i know if my cpu can run arma 2. Im on a laptop so i dont think i can upgrade the cpu so anyway do you think i will be able to run it with 1.86GHz/1.87GHz?

Unlikely. It's a laptop and with that CPU I doubt even your graphics card would handle the game. Maybe if you posted the specs you could get a better answer.

How well would this processor run arma 2?

Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Processor Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor E5400 [2.7GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB]

Memory 3GB DDR2-800MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]

Hard drive 320GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive

Graphics card Integrated graphics (Intel® Media Accelerator 3100) [VGA]

Edited by Kyle2011

How well would this processor run arma 2?

Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Processor Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor E5400 [2.7GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB]

Graphics card Integrated graphics (Intel® Media Accelerator 3100) [VGA]

Graphics card will kill it. Try to pick up a good one, high end NVIDIA / ATI should do the trick. Also try to bump the memory up to DDR3 4, 6, or 8GB.

I just played the demo on my computer.

Specs:

intel corei7 920 (2.67ghz) oc to 4.0ghz

9gb DDR3 RAM

nvidia geforce GTX 260 with 3gb of video memory

I ran the whole demo on all the highest settings with a resolution of 1600x900 and an average fps of 30. Would the actual game get the same kind of performance from the demo on the same settings?

I just played the demo on my computer.

Specs:

intel corei7 920 (2.67ghz) oc to 4.0ghz

9gb DDR3 RAM

nvidia geforce GTX 260 with 3gb of video memory

I ran the whole demo on all the highest settings with a resolution of 1600x900 and an average fps of 30. Would the actual game get the same kind of performance from the demo on the same settings?

you'll do fine.

Here is some info for those who feels like doing some cleaning and reinstalling the OS.

Here is what I do. I always partition my disk. There is always about a 5-10 gigs of space set aside for the pagefile and it is formatted to FAT32. Why FAT32? Because it's faster than NTFS.

Then I usually assign about 40 gigs of space for the OS, and the rest (240 gigs) is where all the games and programs gonna go. So on one hard drive, I got C, D,F parititons and C being the OS, D for the programs, F for pagefile (virtual memory)

If you won't do the virtual memory thing, it's still a good idea to have a different partition for the OS. If it goes bad, you could just delete it off and reinstall it without loosing all your other stuff like pictures videos documents, etc.

Once i boot in the first time i turn off a lot of crap in Vista, services, self-starting things like messenger and so on, and manually set the virtual memory (and turn off the "let the os manage" crap, because it wants to use all my partitions by default. I also turn off my "windows search" and "indexing". I don't need them and that way I stop the damn thing crunching on my hard drive constantly.

Just an idea.

I also turn down the theme thing in Vista, I'm tired of it, I like it plain . No matter how much memory you got, it's still sitting there taking up memory.

On the other hand, I also got another hard drive with winxp (with arma II also installed, for testing purposes and ubuntu linux as my pet OS to mess around with it)

I had win 7 before, but i don't feel like buying it so it's gone now. Vista is what I boot in most of the time (80%) most of my stuff is on this.

Edited by Rapier

will this graphics card work?

512MB NVIDIA GeForce G210 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]

@Rapier: I have a similar setup, with 2 amendments: FAT32 supports only max 4GB file size, so it's pointless to allocate more to swap. Also, if you're running WinXP 32bits, it'll only address max 4GB of swap regardless of the filesystem, another reason not to use a larger partition.

I have the swap set to a fixed 4GB value on its own partition, plus a separate partition for ArmA games which I defragment every once in a while (after messing up with mods and/or installing patches), since ArmA games need fast access to the hard-drive for streaming.

Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (32-bit)

Processor Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor E5300 [2.6GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB]

Graphics card 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]

Will this run arma 2? if so what setting(low, medium, high etc..)?

Edited by Kyle2011