Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

I'd say it rather depends on Arma3's engine as Arma2 runs very badly on AMD as I've found out unfortunately. Apparently it does much better on Intel but I don't have an Intel system to confirm.

You're wrong, the Arma 2 goes well both Intel and AMD I got 58fps in benchmark, very high settings with fx 8350 @ 4.5 ghz.

You're wrong, the Arma 2 goes well both Intel and AMD I got 58fps in benchmark, very high settings with fx 8350 @ 4.5 ghz.

Well plenty of people have told me it runs much better on Intel than AMD and on my Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6Ghz I'm looking at 26fps down to 17fps in even the official campaigns. My GPU only get's used about 40% and I've been told this is an engine limitation because the CPU, which is calculating the AI, is bottlenecking it as "AMD still has a single-threaded performance of Intel CPUs in 2007. A2 is very CPU-bound and this mostly on one relevant single thread".

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/59932#change-146850

All tests I've seen get much better performance on intel sandy/ivy quads than any amd cpu. Doesn't mean it cant run well on an amd cpu, but it'll run better on an intel if the gpu is fast enough.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

I do have a mouse, keyboard and monitor, although the keyboard is rather old and the monitor is also pretty old. My notebook's specs:

CPU: AMD E-300 at 1.3GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6310

As for the notebookcheck link, I've never used that site before, so forgive me if it's not what you were looking for but http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-Compaq-Presario-CQ57-303SG-Notebook.69185.0.html

Thanks for replying!

You should look into building a system yourself, if you buy off the shelf with your budget you wont get a very good system.

Do you have an online retailer like newegg or something you sometimes buy stuff? I could take a look at what they have.

Edited by Leon86

Well plenty of people have told me it runs much better on Intel than AMD and on my Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6Ghz I'm looking at 26fps down to 17fps in even the official campaigns. My GPU only get's used about 40% and I've been told this is an engine limitation because the CPU, which is calculating the AI, is bottlenecking it as "AMD still has a single-threaded performance of Intel CPUs in 2007. A2 is very CPU-bound and this mostly on one relevant single thread".

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/59932#change-146850

That isnt really because the game runs slow on AMD CPU's, it just runs slow on slow CPU's, which unfortunately includes all AMD CPU's. ;)

Though IMO the game runs fine on an PhenomII X4 955.

I guess https://www.vibox.co.uk/ is the closest you can get to Newegg in the UK, since they're US based and iirc don't ship to the UK.

Well, they dont have anything suitable by the looks of it. I googled for "newegg alternative uk" and got some other sites.

www.dabs.com

www.ebuyer.co.uk

www.mircodirect.co.uk

www.dabs.com

www.misco.co.uk

www.hydro-powered.co.uk

www.novatech.co.uk

www.Scan.co.uk

www.overclockers.co.uk

www.Komplett.co.uk

anyway, try and find some reviews to see which are dependable and reasonably cheap and decide where you want to buy the parts.

ebuyer seems to be reasonable and not too expensive, lets see.

http://tweakers.net/ext/f/K9zm9Vvi2pOKQoRhx4YeAYVf/full.png

you can recreate the basket easily enough with the quickfind stuff I guess.

other places might be cheaper, you could try finding the same parts there.

also, check the motherboard manufacturer's site, go to the page of the motherboard and check the cpu support list (I'm pretty sure the cpu will be supported) and also look at the memory QVL, if you want to be really really sure the memory is compatible check there, memory has no real impact on performance so feel free to choose any other 8GB ddr3 kit on ebuyer.

Edited by Leon86

Hi I'm looking to buy a computer for arma 2-dayz and been advise that this computer in link in other post will run it? Just want some advice to buy it or not weather u lot think it will run it well or not

Thanks

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

http://microdream.co.uk/desktop-pc/gaming-pcs/gaming-ready-dell-745-tower-core-2-duo-geforce-gt-610-hdmi-dvi-windows-7-pc-computer.html

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

http://microdream.co.uk/desktop-pc/gaming-pcs/gaming-ready-dell-745-tower-core-2-duo-geforce-gt-610-hdmi-dvi-windows-7-pc-computer.html

The PC specs:

Dell Optiplex 745 MT, Intel Core 2 Duo E2160 1.8GHz Processor, 4GB Ram, 80GB, DVD-ReWriter, Genuine Windows 7, Nvidia GeForce GT 610 1GB DDR3 Dedicated Graphics Card

CPU is below minimum requirements (Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz), HDD is too small and slow (around 21GB for ArmA2 CO) and the GT610 is a graphics card mostly for desktop use and office suits.

The game will possibly run but in no way will it run well.

Hi I'm looking to buy a computer for arma 2-dayz and been advise that this computer in link in other post will run it? Just want some advice to buy it or not weather u lot think it will run it well or not

Thanks

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

I take a look at this website: it is a crap !

Their "gaming ready" computers will only run well very old game like operation flashpoint.

If you want to play dayz, by a computer with something like an intel i3, a gtx560ti and 4Go ram.

lol a under 200 GBP PC. Haven't seen one of those in a while. It might run it, but that would be about it. A very poor investment that would be.

The PC specs:

CPU is below minimum requirements (Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz), HDD is too small and slow (around 21GB for ArmA2 CO) and the GT610 is a graphics card mostly for desktop use and office suits.

The game will possibly run but in no way will it run well.

Could you link in a comp that will run it weLl for a reasonable price?

Define reasonable price, my pc with current market prices is over 5000 € (it cost me a bit more that that).

Anyway, some other member might help you better, I don't know much about the UK shops/market.

the best to do: find a friend which could build your computer. And you will be able to buy something like an i3 2120 ( 110€) , AMD HD7770 (100€), 4 go ram (40€), mother board + HDD + case + dvd + psu ect... (200€) = total 450€ ( £ 377 )

Sorry I come from france, so the price is in euro.

Alright, Does anybody know if the EVGA nVidia GeForce 9800GT run ArmA 2/3 on at least medium settings? It's a good price range and seems like its a good graphics card!

a 9800GT is a very old card, but it'll run arma 2, I used to play with an 8800gtx which is almost the same, it kind of depends on your resolution, 1920x1080 you cant run fluently but 1280x720 should be fine.

cards of these speeds go for about 30,- euro secondhand here. A new card of equal performance (like a 6670) is about 60,- (inc. shipping). Of course if you buy in a regular shop it'll be more expensive.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

you're going to have to build something yourself if you want reasonable prices.

a 9800GT is a very old card, but it'll run arma 2, I used to play with an 8800gtx which is almost the same, it kind of depends on your resolution, 1920x1080 you cant run fluently but 1280x720 should be fine.

cards of these speeds go for about 30,- euro secondhand here. A new card of equal performance (like a 6670) is about 60,- (inc. shipping). Of course if you buy in a regular shop it'll be more expensive.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

you're going to have to build something yourself if you want reasonable prices.

What you think bout this custom build on YouTube? Link below will it run it well?

It will run well (very good cpu, good gpu, everything else is good). It is far better than the computer of your first link lol

Sure but I'd definitely replace that 560Ti with a Radeon 7850.

This review demonstrates the 15-30% increases that it will offer (not to mention drawing less current, chucking out less heat and generally quieter).

In it's defence the video is 6 months old and way better than anything out there.

I'd also add a really cheap (£20) but excellent HSF, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

Yeah, 6 months old video, the samsung 830 is being replaced by the 840 and 840pro as well.

HONESTLY, do not go on that that site systemrequirmentslab is absolute ***** it tells me i need upgrading on every game yet majority of my games i have run perfectly!, id stay away from it, try out demo's before you download or decide to buy the full game. its what i did!

HONESTLY, do not go on that that site systemrequirmentslab is absolute ***** it tells me i need upgrading on every game yet majority of my games i have run perfectly!, id stay away from it, try out demo's before you download or decide to buy the full game. its what i did!

Its just a convenient site because it has the minimum and recommended specs of most/all games and tells you wether you meet them or not. It doesnt force you to buy anything.. :j:

Should I get a FX-8350 or successor? Or buy a i5-4570K when it comes out ?

I am waiting to upgrade my 2500k. It runs ArmA 2 well. But my ASRock Extreme 4 is slightly smaller than ATX and it looks awfull in my case. I can see the other side of the panel.

Now I was wondering how the FX-8350 performs? I am not going to buy my third motherboard for this cpu. So that's out of the question.

What do you guys think I should buy?

Should I get a FX-8350 or successor? Or buy a i5-4570K when it comes out ?

I am waiting to upgrade my 2500k. It runs ArmA 2 well. But my ASRock Extreme 4 is slightly smaller than ATX and it looks awfull in my case. I can see the other side of the panel.

Now I was wondering how the FX-8350 performs? I am not going to buy my third motherboard for this cpu. So that's out of the question.

What do you guys think I should buy?

Wait what.

You want to upgrade your CPU, but not your motherboard for the third time? You are gonna have to get a new mobo regardless. If you have a 2500k, Haswell (4570k) is a new socket. If you go FX-8350, your going AMD and getting a new board. Unless you have a AMD motherboard laying around somewhere.

I'd wait for Haswell. It's only a few more months, and everything out about it so far is showing extremely good reviews and huge increases in performance. Cheapest haswell compared to current i5/i7 is showing 15% boost. Haswell is gonna change the CPU generation. Get it!