Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Get a Z77, newer chipset, all the features of Z68.

a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H is a full featured board and suitable for all but the most extreme overclocks, no need to get something more expensive probably.

But is it compatible with all my other components though?

I was told the Intel Core i5 2500K processor needs to you know, have the right connection, so I need a Z68 motherboard.

Thanks.

All Z77 support 2500K

http://www.gigabyte.co.nl/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4325

anyway, if you dont have the 2500K yet, get a 3570K, slight upgrade.

Thanks I'll get the 3570, it's only £10 ($15) more.

I might get the Z77 MoBo but it's around £100 whereas the 68's around £70, and I don't want a motherboard that's a lot worse, obviously I want a good PC but I need to save money where I can. Do I really need the extra features?

Also, do you need to buy a sound card these days to use speakers? We've got an old PC and I was like 'WTF why don't these speakers work?' and I was told you need to buy one to make them work. Sorry I'm such a noob, but I'm learning.

Thanks again for your help so far :)

Sound advice from Leon86, as always ;)

3570k + GA-Z77X-D3H is a great combo.

I overclocked my 3570k by 25% (3.4 -> 4.3) in just a few minutes with Gigabyte's EasyTune6 utility.

It's all the more impressive given that I'm still on stock HSF.

Once I get myself a decent HSF I'll push her for 4.4, maybe 4.5 or even 4.6.

Oh and don't bother with a discreet sound card.

Back in the day it was worth it but not so much any more, plus GA-Z77X-D3 has great onboard DAC.

if you save more than 10% with a Z68 +2500K you could still consider it. There's nothing wrong with it, only the Z77 + 3570K are a bit faster and more efficient so you save on the power bill in the (very) long run.

and indeed, the onboard audio is quite good these days. No need to buy an expensive soundcard unless you're an audiophile.

if you save more than 10% with a Z68 +2500K you could still consider it. There's nothing wrong with it, only the Z77 + 3570K are a bit faster and more efficient so you save on the power bill in the (very) long run.

and indeed, the onboard audio is quite good these days. No need to buy an expensive soundcard unless you're an audiophile.

I'll get the 3570K and GA-Z77X-D3H. They're only slightly more expensive and I've changed the PSU to an OCZ750FTY 'Fatality' 750W which is actually cheaper and got much better reviews, so I've saved more money. Thanks again for the help, now I just need to find the best place to buy them.

Overclockers.co.uk was reccommended to me and there are a few things on Amazon too, as well as local PC shops.

Can't wait to play ArmA II! (and other games such as Far Cry 3)

has anyone played arma2 with the new FX-8350? just ordered one the other day and will get it tomorrow to replace my PII x4 955 @4.0Ghz. post up how it runs if you have one!

Should perform about the same as the phenom II x4 in arma2 and most other games. you might get some gains in battlefield 3 depending on settings. easily beats your current cpu in other things like video transcoding.

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570K

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz

MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GTX560 Ti

PSU - OCZ750FTY 'Fatality' series 750W

OS - Windows 7 (Home Premium) 64-bit

Case - Cooler Master 430 Windowed

Monitor - will spend around £140

Speakers - Creative A60 2.0 (£15) Keyboard - IDK ATM but will spend around £25/£30

Hyper 212 Evo Fan - £25

Also, is this worth about £900? (everything) and do I need a full size case?

I wouldn't get a 560Ti, it's not being made anymore, so it's more expensive than it should be considering performance. Also, a 750W psu is complete overkill, should work fine of course. Rest seems fine.

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570K

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz

MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GTX560 Ti

PSU - OCZ750FTY 'Fatality' series 750W

OS - Windows 7 (Home Premium) 64-bit

Case - Cooler Master 430 Windowed

Monitor - will spend around £140

Speakers - Creative A60 2.0 (£15) Keyboard - IDK ATM but will spend around £25/£30

Hyper 212 Evo Fan - £25

Also, is this worth about £900? (everything) and do I need a full size case?

As recommended by others, drop the GTX 560Ti in favour of a GTX 660 or a Radeon 7850, both of which are about the same price bracket but offer 20-30% more performance.

Also your PSU is rather over-powered.

Save yourself some cash by opting for a smaller PSU, e.g. Antec HCG 400W or PC Power & Cooling 400w PSU (OCZ) @ £40-50

Then with the money you've saved get a 120GB SSD for £70 (Intel 330 or Samsung 840).

I'd still opt for a good psu brand like corsair or seasonic. bit more expensive, but better quality, some antec's are good but some are terrible.

has anyone played arma2 with the new FX-8350? just ordered one the other day and will get it tomorrow to replace my PII x4 955 @4.0Ghz. post up how it runs if you have one!

Hi, I've noticed an increase of +13:yay::yay: fps with this new processor Fx 8350 o.c @4.6 ghz, my old processor was a phenom 2 x4 965 @ 4ghz.

Benchmark 1=55fps max settings, 3000m distance, antialiasing x4, 1920+1080p

Regards:bounce3:

Edited by LDU30

Will this max out Arma 2 graphically ?

i7 3770k

16 GBS of corsair vengeance ram

1 MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC Twin Frozr Power Edition

I just bought the 670 so if its not enough , I will send it back and ask for a 680 since I have it a little less than a week.

and the store I bought it from has a 2 week customer satisfaction garuntee.

I don't want to send it back if I don't have to.

Edited by RogueRebel

Arma 2 cannot be maxxed out on every map.

It'll run great on decent settings of course, being one of the fastest systems you can buy.

Please could somebody reccommend a good, value-for-money case that's £60 or under?

Preferably a large/normal one so I know everything'll fit in, and it needs to be able to have a disc tray/drive thing (I've forgotten the actual word for one for some reason, although basically I mean the thing you put a DVD into)

Or is the Cooler Master 430 good enough? I can't see a space for you to even put a disc tray in...

(I'll buy most of my games from Steam but I'm pre-ordering the Far Cry 3 Insane Edition)

Any ATX case will do, so the cooler master thingy will too. Be carefull it's ATX and not just micro-ATX.

More expensive cases are more solid, have more sound damping, more and more silent fans and dust filters on the intakes so you dont need to clean it as much. Even the cheapest cases will do fine as long as you dont upgrade hardware that much, but it's nice to have a nice case of course.

Must say I'm disappointed of game I bought. Considering my PC's specs in-game performance is terrible. Most of the time it's 10-20 fps. Sometimes rarely depending on environment and graphic settings it might go up to over 20 fps. Even with low-medium settings. Game runned nicely at Takistan hills when I played with my friend. I tried also single-player and results were a bit better but not satisfying, which is when framerate stays above 30. I actually did some tweaks too I read about but they didn't help. Does Bohemia or anyone else have any advice?

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16 GHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 570 1280mb (Factory overclocked)

RAM: 4GB (Should be soon 8GB)

Must say I'm disappointed of game I bought. Considering my PC's specs in-game performance is terrible. Most of the time it's 10-20 fps. Sometimes rarely depending on environment and graphic settings it might go up to over 20 fps. Even with low-medium settings. Game runned nicely at Takistan hills when I played with my friend. I tried also single-player and results were a bit better but not satisfying, which is when framerate stays above 30. I actually did some tweaks too I read about but they didn't help. Does Bohemia or anyone else have any advice?

IDK TBH but it might be your processor that isn't good enough, I've seen they're [stores] still selling it for £130-£150 but it just doesn't seem like the right kind of one compared to my recent research, everyone has i7 or i5 processors...don't take my word for it I'm new to PC gaming anyway.

Just a thought because your graphics card and 4GB of RAM should be fine.

1. What version of the game are you running (build number i sdisplayed in the bottom right-hand corner of the menu screen)

2. What settings are you using? (Options > Video > Advanced)

3. I also note that you're running the game on an unsupported OS. So don't be surprised if performance isn't perfect.

4. Try these tweaks:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

I'd be VERY surprised if none of them helped.

Will my new laptop play Arma 2 on high

3rd generation Intel Core i7 - 3610qm

Nvidia GT650M 2GB GDDR3

4gb of ram

1080p screen

I have recently bought a similar system, although I replaced the HDD with a SSD and my screen is only 1366x768.

Benchmark results using the high preset (I use lower settings for gameplay):

Benchmark 01 - 40 FPS

Benchmark 02 - 21 FPS

E08 Benchmark - 37 FPS

Edited by ceeeb
Forgot to turn off HT after BIOS update

Hey so I'm almost ready to buy my computer parts :yay: but there's one thing I need clarifying:

So my dads mate tried to build a computer but he said he accidentally bought a part (IDK which) that had say, 405 Pins or something, but the one he got had a different number and wasn't compatible.

I already know your Mobo needs to match the CPU (so Intel Core i5 3570K needs a Z77 mobo/chipset) but are there any other compatability issues I need to worry about?

I don't want to buy the wrong parts.

I mean, I know that the CPU, GPU, MOBO, PSU everything is compatible but are there then basically different versions of the same thing...it's hard to explain, sorry.

I'm sorry about this but this should be the very last question I have to ask and I really appreciate all the help. I've learnt a lot recently but obviously I'm still a noob and I need some more experienced and knowledgeable people to help me out. My dad knows much less than me as I've been the one researching what to buy. (BTW TBH I'm only 15, b-day today actually, so yeah...)

Thanks again you guys are really helpful. :D

EDIT: It looked like my earlier message was removed.

What is going on here?? Now it's removed again!

1. What version of the game are you running (build number i sdisplayed in the bottom right-hand corner of the menu screen)

2. What settings are you using? (Options > Video > Advanced)

3. I also note that you're running the game on an unsupported OS. So don't be surprised if performance isn't perfect.

4. Try these tweaks:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

I'd be VERY surprised if none of them helped.

1. 1.62.98866

2. http://i.minus.com/iKryTRrjC6MES.jpg

3. I understand that but Windows 7 wasn't any better.

4. I have done tweaks.

MP with lowest settings

Single-player with medium settings

Edited by Latetzki