Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

Hello everyone one.. I've been lurking around the forum for a quiet a long time.. mostly on photography thread and video thread and well.. I was a bit disappointing to find out that there is no fullscreen option for youtube player, please alter the code and enable fullscreen option. That shouldn't be too hard :)

Thank you.

Or click the link to go directly to the video and fullscreen it from there? Shouldn't be too hard ;)

Or click the link to go directly to the video and fullscreen it from there? Shouldn't be too hard ;)

then whats the use of embedding if you still have to go to youtube and watch the vid there? :)

For people to watch the video in a window.......

Just add allowfullscreen to your object part of bbcode html.

<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param> -> before the embed.

allowfullscreen="true" -> into the embed

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}&fs=1&rel=0&hd=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}&fs=1&rel=0&hd=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v={TEXT}"><font size="1">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v={TEXT}</font></a>.</p>

At the risk of sounding like a moron; can someone please explain how to make the "post added" and "previous post" times get added to edited posts (i.e ---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------)?

I'm praying that the answer isn't obvious....

Edited by stun

At the risk of sounding like a moron; can someone please explain how to make the "post added" and "previous post" times get added to edited posts (i.e ---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------)?

I'm praying that the answer isn't obvious....

I'm not really sure about this, but I think it's something like a doublepost protection..

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

... maybe something like this?

edit: HA! Yes, it is a doublepost protection. Automatically merges the posts together incase someone sends 2 posts in a certain time.

Edited by Cole

Thanks Cole.

hmmm. so how do you trigger the double post protection? I see from your post that you haven't been recorded as editing your post and yet clearly you have. Do you need to have your post open for editing in 2 or more windows at the same time to make it do this?

Just tried having two version of this post open for editing at the same time and saved them. Didn't seem to double post protect. All it did was over wrote the first edit with the newer one????

Edited by stun

Errr it's nothing too mystical honest ;)

Make a reply

20 seconds later make another

then edit that reply

Thanks Placebo and Cole.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Well that explains it and here I was thinking it was some mystical function. I guess I have just never double posted. Thanks again.

Edited by stun

Ok I don't know if it's really a bug but i have seen it a couple of times : links inside signatures are often broken.

Example : http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=995597&postcount=7

Try to click on the Armaholic image and this is what you get :

I don't know what's causing this but I thought i'd let you know.

Thanks

That's because some people are incapable of simple things like putting URLs on images apparently ;) I'll fix it :)

Some other forums I visit show a small icon near the Thread name if a Developer or representative has posted in that thread and how many posts, will this be implemented sometime in the future?

Were the the forums moved to new servers yesterday? When I tried to access the forum and the Beta patch downloads site I received the following. I also received a message later on saying that BIS was moving to new servers and that my ISP's DNS server cache would take 24 hours to be updated. A number of other forum members seem to have experienced this issue.

whois_ss_beta.jpg

Yeah we got a few reports of that, passed it onto our IT guy.

@Placebo

Thanks for the info. Can you post the feedback from your IT guy when you get it?

I know one of the guys on the forum thought it was due to spyware - although this seems unlikely to me. It was strange I had issues with a number of BIS sites not just the forum.

Edited by stun

in case You are using wifi access or even some public hotspots it maybe has poisoned DNS server

quite often DNS server of smaller ISPs or public access / homemade wifi aren't secure enough...

in that case it might help use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDNS

if change of DNS server (OS restart or DNS service restart is enough) not helps

then it might be directly issue on Your machine (malware) or there is some other routing problem for you location

Apparently we switched over DNS servers yesterday but all should be back to normal for everyone now :)

Thanks for the update Placebo.

For the past week already when using the pagination in topics (in topics, not in forum sections) it automatically opens some Yahoo page and google for me on the background.

Am I the only one? I am using FF 3.5.9.

It is not happening 100% of the time. Just at random as it seems, I have no idea how exactly.

Sometimes I look 15 minutes later and I have 20 yahoo sites open, at other times nothing.

Also, sometimes it opens a blank screen for google analitics (http://results.google-analytics.com/ (might be worth not to click the link until its know what it is exactly)).

Maybe worth a check? Maybe its on my side but I can't find a thing and only happens here on the BI forums.

foxhound i had that problem a few weeks ago im using IE it would open up a new window with that exact "internet explore could not find...." i thought it was trojan/spyware problem, all attempts to get rid of it failed until i had to system restore to the last windows update that seemed to of cleared the issue i havent had it since then

Hmm, ok thanks. But I did not run any updates on that laptop previously. Just for fun I will run windows update and see if for me running it will fix it.

Maybe one day we will possibly see,

th_ww2-Arma.jpg?t=1280565189

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

I believe there is alot of you WWII gamers that would agree,they've gotten

really close,but still lack something ARMA has. These are the guys everyone else

will follow in War-Simulation.

Maybe one day we will possibly see,

[iG] th_ww2-Arma.jpg?t=1280565189 [/img]

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

I believe there is alot of you WWII gamers that would agree,they've gotten

really close,but still lack something ARMA has. These are the guys everyone else

will follow in War-Simulation.

Consider that in the Suggestion-Box. :yay:

Edited by Placebo

the forum keeps crashing in google chrome when i open more then 3 tabs, any idea why?