Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

ArmA II: The Vehicles

I would like to see some Unimog variants. I know they are German, but they are so damn cool…. tounge2.gif

East have BMP-2 MHQ variant. Shouldn't west also have an MHQ on tracks? I'm thinking Warfare/CTI balance. Also I seem to remember a sentence 'nothing will be removed'. So I'm hoping both M113 and Stryker family will be there even if they are not part of the main campaign, since it will provide modders with great source/example vehicles and mission designers with more flexible options to work with.

*IMPORTANT NEWS*

The ArmA II Vehicle Section has been updated, the Wheeled Vehicles have been revealed.

You can also visit the Official ArmA II Site Vehicle Section Here for more information.

Wheeled Military Vehicles:

There are many types of vehicles designed for a multitude of roles. Although the primary role of these vehicles is transportation, many APCs or cars with mounted weapons provide the player with a considerable amount of firepower.

BRDM-2:

The BRDM-2 is an armored, four-wheel-drive, amphibious reconnaissance vehicle. Its crew consists of a driver, co-driver, commander and gunner. The armament consists of a 14.5mm KPV heavy machine gun with a 7.62mm machine gun as a secondary weapon. Its armor is intended to protect the crew against small-arms fire and artillery shrapnel.

BRDM-2 Picture

BTR-90:

The BTR-90 is an 8×8 wheeled infantry fighting vehicle developed in Russia. It is armed with 30 mm 2A42 auto cannon, 7.62mm PKT machine gun, AT-5 Spandrel ATGM and AGS-17 30mm grenade launcher. The BTR-90 is capable of achieving a maximum speed of 100 km/h and has cross-country driving capability. It has an inner capacity of 12 m3 and can carry a load up to 7000 kg.

BTR-90 Picture

Vodnik (HMG):

GAZ-3937 "Vodnik" is a Russian high-mobility multipurpose amphibious vehicle. It can carry up to 10 people and drive at speeds up to 112 km/h (or 5 km when floating).

This is equipped with a heavy machine gun.

Vodnik (HMG) Picture

BM-21 Grad:

The BM-21 Grad (in English: Hail) is a truck-based 122 mm multiple-launch rocket system made in Russia. It is used in over 50 countries and it is the most widely used rocket artillery system worldwide. It is equipped with 40 launch tubes, firing 2.87 m rockets. The effective range is about 30 km.

BM-21 Grad Picture

HMMWV (M240):

The High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) has replaced the M151 ‘Willys’ jeep in US Army service. The HMMWV was designed to fill myriad roles, including that of light tactical commander's vehicle, special purpose shelter carrier, and mobile weapons platform. The HMMWV is equipped with a high performance diesel engine and four wheel drive, making it capable of traversing very difficult terrain. This one is armed with an M240 7.62 mm machine gun.

HMMWV (M240) Picture

Utility Truck (Repair):

This utility truck is a Russian-made 6x6 cargo truck developed in 1973 and still manufactured today. These trucks are very reliable, with powerful V8 engines. This one is used to repair, service and maintain all other motor vehicles.

Utility Truck (Repair) Picture

LAV-25:

The LAV-25 is an 8x8 APC (Armored Personal Carrier) used by the US Marine Corps. It is capable of carrying 9 men and is equipped with an M242 Bushmaster 25 mm chain gun and two M240 7.62 mm machine guns.

LAV-25 Picture

MTVR:

The MTVR (Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement) is a 6x6 all-terrain vehicle Used by the US Marine Corps and US NAVY. It is capable of transporting up to 7 tons of cargo in most terrain and up to 15 tons on good roads.

MTVR Picture

Offroad (DShKM):

Off-road cars are ideal for driving on unpaved roads or roadless terrain. This one is fitted with a 12.7mm DShKM heavy machine gun and used by ChDKZ forces.

Offroad (DShKM) Picture

UAZ:

The UAZ-469 is a very reliable and affordable offroad vehicle widely used in Soviet and post-Soviet countries. The main advantages of this vehicle are simple: It is able to drive in virtually any terrain and it is extremely easy to fix.

UAZ Picture

Ural (ZU-23) Picture:

The Ural 375 is a Russian-made military 6x6 cargo truck capable of carrying 11+1 soldiers, or variety of cargo weighing up to 5 tons.

This one is equipped with ZU-23, anti air defence cannon.

Ural (ZU-23)

ArmA II: Wheeled Wheeled Vehicles

Edited by Big-Rooney

Where oh where is that HIMARS? And although they don't specifically mention it, I'd assume that they have variants of the UAZ and the Ural.

Too bad they didn't list all the variants for the wheeled vehicles. I am sure there are a multitude of variants for the trucks and armament carriers. Also I am still curious if the LAV-M mortar carrier made it in.

About the MLRS it might be HIMARS just that BIS wrote wrong. Who knows. Might also be scripted wich wouldnt be as fun, but if they are vehicles in game, then aiming the rockets needs to be done as well. Map click? Any other way?

Never the less, will be interesting to see how they are made.

Alex

Quote[/b] ]Where oh where is that HIMARS? And although they don't specifically mention it, I'd assume that they have variants of the UAZ and the Ural.

They clearly stated there was MLRS for USMC -

Quote[/b] ]Marines in field rely on many advanced weapon platforms: Predator unmanned aerial vehicles, MLRS rocket artillery and many more.

We all seen variants of the HMMWV, UAZ and Ural in the videos, maybe they forget to mention that or just didn't want to reveal it.

Quote[/b] ]Also I am still curious if the LAV-M mortar carrier made it in

That would have been sweet, mobile mortar systems.

Quote[/b] ]Never the less, will be interesting to see how they are made.

Well the Eastern Forces got the BM-21. so there must be a way to accurately fire the thing over long distances. Off map USMC MLRS would be alright but I was really looking forward to the vehicle variant.

Edited by Big-Rooney

I was so sure I saw a brief glimse of the MLRS in one of the GC08 vids, but having looked back through, I couln't find it... maybe in one of the others?

http://x7buza.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p0QojtDbPDMSx-GMgxcVtXKeV4Pil0p1vAwrkf1xehp8fx0KMtgNlPbyw9gZLxsv-Yq1wYHqP76MaoVvfBSVQWSc

9pDbHpBJX/btr.jpg

This is from the Russian faction video. Anyone know what kind of BTR this is? I have never seen a version with a manned MG on the turret. Could this perhaps be some kind of mortar carrying variant of the BTR? I was hoping we would get the answer today, but as the variants are not listed...

http://x7buza.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p0QojtDbPDMSx-GMgxcVtXKeV4Pil0p1vAwrkf1xehp8fx0KMtgNlPbyw9gZLxsv-Yq1wYHqP76MaoVvfBSVQWSc

9pDbHpBJX/btr.jpg

This is from the Russian faction video. Anyone know what kind of BTR this is? I have never seen a version with a manned MG on the turret. Could this perhaps be some kind of mortar carrying variant of the BTR? I was hoping we would get the answer today, but as the variants are not listed...

I wondered that too.

AFAIK there are no other variants of the BTR-90 in reality besides the IFV version we've also seen in ArmA2.

My guess is BIS have created a fictional command variant of the BTR-90 similar to a LAV-C2, and that these two will be used as the MHQ of the USMC and RF factions in Warfare, where CDF and ChDKZ will have BMP-2s.

9pDbHpBJX/btr.jpg

link not working

link not working

Copy it directly into the address bar, should work then. Somehow I could not hotlink or get it to display correctly...

9pDbHpBJX/btr.jpg

This looks bit like BTR-3, but who knows wink_o.gif

Hi, i don't know if someone has noticed it, but... the HMMWV have

the exhaust in the wrong side, it should be on the left side and the

hood snorkel should be longer, reaching the roof's height. Please

BIS... fix that now that you're on time. Let's C ya

Wheeled is up. OPFOR have mobile rocket arty but nothing for US as it seems. Maybe MLRS or HIMARS will emerge later? Like in that all vehicles not on those lists?

EDIT: yes i thaught it was clear that both "super powers" in ARMA2 would have mobile rocket arty. Not one with a vehicle and one with a arty function only. Maybe not all vehicles are on the list? I know all variants arent on, but weird if some vehicles are left out wouldnt it? Or is it for easter egg value?

Many questions...

Alex

yay, we have the LAV25 (probably my favourite vehicle) and the BM21 rocket artillery. I'm happy now. just have to wait for the civilian vehicles section to open to see if trains are confirmed.

LAV25 we were told lightyears ago we will have...

Where is the MLRS though? Hoped for a hi-tech rocket arty vehicle. Dont know why, but feels like it lays down hell... Would be fun and scary. Hope it comes.

On side note where is the T-55s, T-62s, MT-LBs and self propelled howitzers, Chernarus is a post-soviet country, there should be some left over equipment from the Soviet days

Maybe even a T-80 for surprise?   confused_o.gif

Yes please, more of these.

Given the cool scenario I don't plan on using the U.S. equipment in my missions.

Err, actually you are wrong here... I'm pretty sure there is different versions of HMMWVs, and BIS made version that exhaust is on the right side like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Hmmwv-036.jpg or http://www.baesystemspresskit.com/ausa200....ons.jpg or http://www.armyproperty.com/Equipment-Info/Pictures/M1114.jpg

So, I don't know why you always whine on everything that BIS have made instead of being happy. Also don't think that OFP2 Humvee have exhaust on left side so BIS have had same...

Also, show me some pictures HMMWV that have exhaust on right side, I'v looked tons of pictures and no luck to fine some...

except this one: http://community.codemasters.com/forum....-bg.jpg hahaha... biggrin_o.gif

Err, actually you are wrong here... I'm pretty sure there is different versions of HMMWVs, and BIS made version that exhaust is on the right side like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Hmmwv-036.jpg or http://www.baesystemspresskit.com/ausa200....ons.jpg or http://www.armyproperty.com/Equipment-Info/Pictures/M1114.jpg

So, I don't know why you always whine on everything that BIS have made instead of being happy. Also don't think that OFP2 Humvee have exhaust on left side so BIS have had same...

You can't see the exhaust in any of the photos you've posted. That tube thing on the bonnet is a fording snorkel, which is on the right where it should be.

This is the exhaust Wipman's on about:

http://safeliving.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/boomerang_hmmwv.jpg

You can't see the exhaust in the vehicle profile page picture here, but if you watch the USMC faction video you can see that the exhaust is on the opposite side on BIS' model, which is incorrect.

Having a look around though, the extended exhausts don't seem to be that common on M1114s, so maybe BIS removed it completely.

You can't see the exhaust in any of the photos you've posted. That tube thing on the bonnet is a fording snorkel, which is on the right where it should be.

This is the exhaust Wipman's on about:

http://safeliving.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/boomerang_hmmwv.jpg

You can't see the exhaust in the vehicle profile page picture here, but if you watch the USMC faction video you can see that the exhaust is on the opposite side on BIS' model, which is incorrect.

Aww... My bad then sad_o.gif

But Wipman should be still more happy about what's already made wink_o.gif

Anyway OFP2 have also that fording snorkel in wrong place.. biggrin_o.gif

It doesn't actually that picture is mirrored. You can see the steering wheel is on the wrong side too. So either they really messed up or the picture is mirrored. Either way its a trivial matter for me. Its one of those situations where its good when you don't know these kind of thing because to someone who doesn't know it doesn't matter.

It doesn't actually that picture is mirrored. You can see the steering wheel is on the wrong side too. So either they really messed up or the picture is mirrored. Either way its a trivial matter for me. Its one of those situations where its good when you don't know these kind of thing because to someone who doesn't know it doesn't matter.

Yup, if game is good it really won't matters.

Quote[/b] ]Where oh where is that HIMARS? And although they don't specifically mention it, I'd assume that they have variants of the UAZ and the Ural.

They clearly stated there was MLRS for USMC

They must have been using MLRS as a generic term. The USMC doesnt use the MLRS.