Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

what i meant is when will the weapons pack will b released coz it have the idf weapons so we can use in the up comming idf pack i hope it will b released b4 the p85 coz its faster 2 release thanx...... smile_o.gif

Everytime you ask you will get the same answer. We all want to use the p 85 and idf stuff, but it ain't done yet. Don't you think if they knew a concrete release date it would've been announced?

no body asked u 2 answer me everytime manzilla ok and i will no for sure if they will put it in the addons iam not blind 2 c it...and by the way thanx for ur concerns if ur not a team member of that project then no body asked ur opinion man ok coz they r the only ones wich no when 2 announce it ...take care

i made weapons specially for IDF too , so i hope to finish this weapon pack versy soon to release before P85 also with new VIBI pack (P85 will have other VIBI, changed with some other vehicles) and my other addons updates smile_o.gif

but weapon pack will be tha same:

now i am started this one :

uaz451.jpg

i think leader of IDF can write to me PM with date of release of IDF addons, as he has link to beta of weapons pack so you can be preparing addons, only "matter" is date of release, but on PM, not on public here smile_o.gif

Then PM the project leaders if you need to ask about release dates every other week. It has nothing to do with the discussion thread.

It's spamming.

Now I'll get back on topic.

works goes on smile_o.gif

uaz_451.jpg

still beta textures :]

Looking great Vilas! An OFP Favourite with ArmA quality! biggrin_o.gif

Haha I love it, maybe theres room for a fictional armed version of some sort? Perhaps with an enclosed turret like the BRDM-2s or something. Add some extra armor and make it a resistance vehicle.

Haha I love it, maybe theres room for a fictional armed version of some sort? Perhaps with an enclosed turret like the BRDM-2s or something. Add some extra armor and make it a resistance vehicle.

Personally, I would love to see an ambulance version (aka tabletka) which was probably the most popular use of this UAZ by the Soviet Army.

Peace,

DreDay

Your wish will come true or better said already happened.

All that in more youll find in ProjectVilas Mod.

I guess that it was used mostly as an ambulance...well at least in our army (czech/czechoslovakian)

Could you guys give some details or create a tutorial on how you ported missions to ArmA?

There are many such missions that would be a great addition to the game.

We didnt port any missions to ArmA, i think you confuse us with CWR mod.

But to answer your question at least a little:

Many ArmA classnames are the same as in OFP.

In other words:

If you take the CWR demo as example, you could make a ofp mission on malden and use addons that ArmA or CWR have then the mission will work under CWR mod.

I tried some old OFP missions and if there arent any addosn used that arent in ArmA or CWR ( and if the mission has no scripts that arent arma compatible ) then the mission will work without any extra editing.

However if addosn are used that arent there then you get the usual missing addons error when loading the mission.

yes, CWR is making good old beauty OFP back smile_o.gif

we do circa 1985 conflict but on Sahrani or other new island, so you talk about CWR in issue of porting missions

wow that suggestion makes me think of the RV in the movie "Stripes"..... what a spectacular idea!!

A question for those who follow this topic:

What would you prefer?:

- Lots of single addons?

- Full conversion mod in the style of the OFP FFUR or FDF mod?

Atm there rumble in the team concerning this question.

Both have their advantages but in the end i think a full mod offers a lot more playability than a lot of single addons ever will.

Lets see what you people want, and please dont just decide with the "omg i need the addons noooow" attitude.

I also love to get a addon early but i have to say with many of these long awaited addons i had the effect that after all the wait i downloaded them, installed them and forgot them within days.

Polish community gave me signal that they wanna play missions and addons

so don't suggest people by "don't say i need addons now"

mod is not only user interface and tracers and few scripts , it is usefull addons, missions, MP missions

Well, what're the bonuses to a full conversion mod? In CWR, it's necessary to allow for easy porting of OFP missions (i.e., same classnames), in XAM the default models are replaced and the changes to AI/ballistics/etc are large enough to warrant a full conversion (AFAIK). What have you got?

I.e. : are you planning fully custom ballistics on all weapons, meaning a full conversion would make all weapons, including default ones, behave the same way? For instance longer engagement ranges, larger dispersion, or the opposite thereof.

Are you planning a complete rehaul of the armor system, meaning your tanks/APCs/AT-weapons would react wildly differently against default armor units and P85 armor? À la CSLA II for OFP : no more one-shot-one-kill BMPs.

In short, how much do you want to 1) be compatible with default units and b) if not, will you edit them to suit you?

Personally, I would much prefer it if you made the addons compatible with the default units and configs, which will in turn make them compatible with most other new addons created and keep some kind of standard at least smile_o.gif This will make your addons and mod much more compatible overall. You would have to have some very heavy and convincing arguments for why YOUR armor/config/ballistics values are intrinsically better than default, or what exactly there is in a total conversion mod that justifies making it such.

Blah blah. Anyway : single addons!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Established a new poll in these regards, your votes, will be more than ever, greatly appreciated.

(Clickable Image)

littlebannerwy0.jpg

----------------------------------------

Quote[/b] ]are you planning fully custom ballistics on all weapons, meaning a full conversion would make all weapons, including default ones, behave the same way? For instance longer engagement ranges, larger dispersion, or the opposite thereof.

Yes, we established a close cooperation with the ACE MOD in order to enhance the "realism" aspect of the Project'85 MOD, this features numerous changes alongside with what was already expected in our side in terms of 'Realism Improvements'.

- Ballistic Improvements/ Sights adjustements/ Rocket Ballistic enhancements/ ECS System implemented...

A complete and very detailed list will be released soon.

Plus, getting our own MOD instead of making a simple Addons pack will allow the possibility to establish a decent campaign, somehow a la FDF.

But we will ensure that the MOD will be compatible with 3rd party addons/MOD (With the implementation of XEH...etc).

In oder words, a MOD improving some Aspects of ArmA and replacing the default Models by '85 Era Troops/Vehicles seems to be the best alternative in my judgement.

But better let democracy speak, -> P'85 Poll

Regards,

TB

One thing i forgot to mention.

So far we took care that as good as any addon of the mod is useable without the full mod.

So you can also take out parts and use them as standalone.

And the mod idea involves many things and is pretty evolved already with a soon done beta version ( team internal ).

We adapted many things from ECS and combined them with other things from mods and our own stuff.

It wont play like vanilla ArmA just with new units, thats for sure.

For example we replace the original units, weapons and vehicles aswell.

If people really just want some addons then i wonder why so many had such great fun with total mods like FFUR in the past.

If the future is just some addons then i will rather focus towards other projects because then we would have thrown away a project with endless possibilitys.

- Lots of single addons?

- Full conversion mod in the style of the OFP FFUR or FDF mod?

I'd prefer option A (Lots of single addons)

Reason:

* Possibility to use just a few addons in a mission without having to download a hugh addon pack (especially in MP)

* More easy to administrate addon-updates (client/server)

* I'm actually not a fan of addon-dependences (Soldier-Pack needs Weapon-Pack needs Vehicles needs Core/Config.pbo etc etc)

Just my 2c .... but i'm happy with everything that will be released. tounge2.gif

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Well how many servers were running on FDF back then?

And i think most had a blast playing on servers with FDF mostly because of the modifications that FDF already brought to the core game.

If you had FDF you didnt really need any extra effects mod or something.

Its just a example but just single addosn... thats wasted potencial.

Quote[/b] ]* Possibility to use just a few addons in a mission without having to download a hugh addon pack (especially in MP)

As Shadow Nx stated above, every single main .pbo works as standalone if separated from the core MOD in Project'85, and we will ensure to respect this concept during the whole development process.

Quote[/b] ]More easy to administrate addon-updates (client/server)

There would be a detailed log file stating any updates/improvements/changes within the MOD, as we pay a lot of attention to the multiplayer aspect.

Quote[/b] ]I'm actually not a fan of addon-dependences (Soldier-Pack needs Weapon-Pack needs Vehicles needs Core/Config.pbo etc etc)

The only dependences you will experience are related to the infantry/weapons packs & Vehicles/Crews which sound quite logical, as how would you properly run the infantry troops .pbo without its relevant weapons pack, heh.

Regards,

TB

As Shadow Nx stated above, every single main .pbo works as standalone if separated from the core MOD in Project'85, and we will ensure to respect this concept during the whole development process.

Ah ok. That's cool. Seems that i missed that post by a few minutes.

@Shadow:

FDF-concept was really good. Liked it alot and we still have a FDF-Server online. I was more refering to the CWR-Beta as a neg. example (sorry .. my 2c). Limitation in units for example (no choppers, planes, less vehicles & units in the editor).

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif