Sign in to follow this  
Spetz

ArmA on Iphone

I read that MGS5 will be on iPhone, i was wondering how would OFP or ArmA be on iphone pistols.gif I am sure it could be dumbed down island and vehicles, but the game will surely be amazing still, maybe have just southern Saharni instead? and like only Bluefor, Ofpfor and civilians to save space.

OFP_mobile!3.jpg

Main features:

# Controlled by camera (by tilting the phone)

# Multiplayer for up to 6 players over bluetooth

# Simplified mission editor

# Two 4 x 4 km islands

# Control a squad up to 9 players (1-9 keys)

whistle.gif  wink_o.gif

lol where can i buy that?

anyways i was thinking with some decent graphics, the iphone can support Flight Simulators i am sure it could handle a scaled down ArmA

dam, i thought they had released it or something, well that news was 3 years ago, today's iphones are like more powerful then most computers back when OFP was made, so it could be possible

iphones are complete shit compared to other cellphones. Why bother.

Just three more weeks and it'll be the third anniversary of this news.

Risks stealing BIS' thunder though, I guess.

Ah man, these were the old times.... almost forgot about that "game"

lol about the picture, that was an april joke I remember no ?

not really, no other phone has as many apps as the iphone, there are like a million uses for a iphone, and gaming is a big option

the only other product that has as good reputation would be the blackberries, but they are not mainstream enough

my college schoolmate had it and he said he had tons of problems with it, it bricked tons of times. There are so many more capable mobile phones out that there that makes he iPhone look like a joke.

not really, no other phone has as many apps as the iphone, there are like a million uses for a iphone, and gaming is a big option

the only other product that has as good reputation would be the blackberries, but they are not mainstream enough

But that doesn't make the phone less crappy.

Gaming is nice and all, but the only advantage is the screen size. Motion accelerometers, touchscreen, etc all have been done in Ngage already.

Actually, iPhones have quite impressive hardware and a superior OS.  The iPhone boasts a 650 Mhz Samsung processor and has a min of 8GB of RAM.  Plus the phone is sporting a port of Mac OS X's hybrid kernel.  I would hardly call this 'complete shit'.

snafu, is that a cellphone with a screenshot of Poseidon overlaid on top?

I think it is low LODs from OFP. I don't think the OH-58 was in Poseidon. I thought it came with one of the OFP patches. I could be wrong though. But it does look like low LOD ofp.

Actually, iPhones have quite impressive hardware and a superior OS.  The iPhone boasts a 650 Mhz Samsung processor and has a min of 8GB of RAM.  Plus the phone is sporting a port of Mac OS X's hybrid kernel.  I would hardly call this 'complete shit'.

Hardware wise it might be more powerful, but otherwise it's crap. Things like a removable battery should be enforced on apple. you can't record videos, you can't send an mms. It's just a subpar cellphone. But it's got the apple logo on it, so it sells.

Sorry, no idea.

lol about the picture, that was an april joke I remember no ?

I think it is low LODs from OFP. I don't think the OH-58 was in Poseidon. I thought it came with one of the OFP patches. I could be wrong though. But it does look like low LOD ofp.

I think it is made by using res. lods, but it could easily be done in Photoshop as well. This is what I got in less than a minute:

[Original pic #1]

ArmA2_iphone1.jpg

[Original pic #2]

ArmA2_iphone2.jpg

April Fools, my favorite day of the year biggrin_o.gif

that would be bit easy to spot as its the same just pixelated while the ofp pic is pretty close to most phones 3d engine like on the K700i in the pic ( saddly there not much changed last years at the SE phones ).

Better take one screen of ArmAs classic lod loading probs where stuff is shown in the lowest loads and textures for a moment ^^

The iPhone boasts a 650 Mhz Samsung processor and has a min of 8GB of RAM.

The processor is actually "underclocked" to 412MHz, and it has 128MB of RAM. Which are quite typical specs for smartphones today.

The iPhone boasts a 650 Mhz Samsung processor and has a min of 8GB of RAM.

LOL, 8GB of RAM?

That would be twice as much as I have on my desktop PC.

Don't confuse RAM with memory wink_o.gif

i would buy ArmA for my iPhone if there was any

Brothers in Arms looking good on iPhone so ArmA could look good too

Brother in Arms is about as far as you could get with simulating military on an iphone.It's a fairly good game actually,with controls tailored to use the touchscreen well,it has large-ish environments, you can drive cars,tanks etc but it also shows the limits of a gaming platform with no physical buttons.

I'm a great believer in touchscreen technology,writing this message on a HP tx2 with capacitive multitouchscreen in which I'm trying to develop my own music apps,I also own an iphone and have seen how far people will go to develop sequencers,synths,games on this, BUT when it comes to hardcore gaming you can never beat physical buttons!not with touchscreen at least,that provides 0 tactile feedback.Maybe,if it would make use of the vibrating function of the phone, but still crippled Arma on a 3.5 inch touchscreen phone?I'd pass..