Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 3

and while we are asking SNKMAN, any chance to enhance non-player friendly AI - maybe even those that are not in the player group? they are really so stupid sometimes. icon_rolleyes.gif

I agree with Steel_WOF if and only IF it is possible.

What do you think SNKMAN, is it a HUGE task to make friendy AI work under GL3?

Hoping that you say it COULD work smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

yeah, i would really apreciate if friendly AI squads could also call for support...

would make it feel like you are actually part of something much bigger...

@Legislator

Thank's for reporting this.

I don't see the problem with the Artillery, becouse GL3 is looking for the class "StaticWeapon" only.

@Kryptonite

Well so far i havent discovered this problem.

May you or someone else can give me some more informations about this problem, becouse it never happens to me.

In the D.S.A.I. scripts everything looks ok so far.

@Steel_WOF/@Kremator/@the_shadow

Well nothing is impossible.

Of course it's a bit way to go but i think it should be possible.

@Steel_WOF/@Kremator/@the_shadow

Well nothing is impossible.

Of course it's a bit way to go but i think it should be possible.

You are the man !

Wouldn't it be COOL if your friendly AI called YOU to help as support ! (perhaps as a radio call) You would then be able to either confirm or deny (and if deny they would call someone else !wink_o.gif

Ooohh this is sounding EVEN better the more I think about it !

[TAO] Kremator

Question time!

Well, as this is not exactly GL3 related, but GL2+ related, but well, I think I need help here. I've looked for just about everywhere now, but I just don't see where is the issue.

Picture

The best explanation for the issue would be that the GL2+ is not compatible with BAS Framework. (Well, okay, that was just a idiotic explanation, but I just don't know why it wouldn't work. GL2+ should be compatible with FDF mod, and with BAS-f as far as I'm concerned.)

But the folder structure is basically identical to the sample-mission, well sure, the mission folder is named co_fdf_14_Urban.FDF_Isle.

So, well, I'm totally out of ideas, I've been fighting with this problem for several days now.

(Also, unfortunately, using GL3 isn't really a option since its an addon.)

Well look's like you are using a "init.sqf" right?

In .sqs you have to make a comment with ";" in .sqf you have to use "//"

So change:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; Initialize ArmA Group Link II Plus! script

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Initialize ArmA Group Link II Plus! script

Note: Also all other comments which starts with ";" have to be changed to "//"

Hope this helps.

Hmm, oh well, I shall try that. I will report if it worked or not.

Edit1: Thanks SNKMAN, it finally works, and suprisingly, I now got killed by enemy artillery fire when testing the mission.

hello. when using ACE and GL3 together, AI wont call in artillery support. anyone to help me out of this pickle ... please? smile_o.gif

has anyone managed to run all of the GL3 features on ACE? thnx

hello. when using ACE and GL3 together, AI wont call in artillery support. anyone to help me out of this pickle ... please? smile_o.gif

has anyone managed to run all of the GL3 features on ACE? thnx

I haven't tried the artillery but I'll take a shot at what could be causing this for you, unless it doesn't work. I assume you are using the proper GL3_Config file for XEH from the E.E.H Config folder. But did you also put the Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo from that folder into the @GL3/AddOns folder with that Config? If you did make sure you delete that Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo. Make sure the only XEH .pbo you are using there and in every other Mod folder is the exact same as the XEH .pbo that ACE uses. Every XEH .pbo used in this and other Mod folders must be XEH v1.92 or problems are bound to occur.

XEH v1.92:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2605

I hope this helps.

thanks for reply. didnt think of that, im going to try it out. Other GL3 features work correctly, except for arty support and para-reinforcements. i had chinook dropping marines like lemmings.

edit: no, that wasnt the problem, the xeh is ok. i suppose its a conflict between the ACE AI mod and GL3 then.

@Kryptonite

Well so far i havent discovered this problem.

May you or someone else can give me some more informations about this problem, becouse it never happens to me.

In the D.S.A.I. scripts everything looks ok so far.

Hi SNKMAN

in fact :

- if there is no more than 1 client connected on the MP session => no "repeat loop chatter" issue (all is fine)

- as soon as there are 2 clients connected (or more) on the MP session => we have this "repeat loop chatter" issue (and it is really weird)

PS : we always have this issue with the last/fixed "GL3_Core.pbo" and we also tried to disable the DSAI fonctionnality in the "GL3_setting.sqf" with no succes ...

BB

Hi [GIBF]-BadBoy,

yeah this problem already is known.

So this means it only happend on the client D.S.A.I. System.

May can you give me some more informations about what exactly do they repeat, this would make things much easyer for me to find the right part.

Hi [GIBF]-BadBoy,

yeah this problem already is known.

So this means it only happend on the client D.S.A.I. System.

May can you give me some more informations about what exactly do they repeat, this would make things much easyer for me to find the right part.

1- in fact i always use a dedicated server, so i can't confirm if it is only a "client side" issue or if a "normal host" has also this issue. I can only say that this issue is present, no matter if the "@GL3" is activated or not on the dedicated server side (but sure it is enable for the clients side).

2- sadly a lot of them (maybe all of them), like "Grenade", "I need help", "Ennemi spoted", and many many more (i don't remember all of them)   confused_o.gif

The biggest problem is also the "no possibility" to disable this D.S.A.I system (by putting "false" into the config file)

BB wink_o.gif

Okay thank you very much for the infos [GIBF]-BadBoy.

I will have a look into it and see, what i can find out.

I don't know exactly whats wrong with the D.S.A.I. System right now, becouse i never had this problem, but some other guy's already told me about this problem.

May it could be, that you feel like the voices are coming too often and to me it's ok.

May you could record this, if it happend next time with any voice record software, fraps or something like this. This would be the optimal solution to get ride of this problem.

Okay thank you very much for the infos [GIBF]-BadBoy.

I will have a look into it and see, what i can find out.

I don't know exactly whats wrong with the D.S.A.I. System right now, becouse i never had this problem, but some other guy's already told me about this problem.

May it could be, that you feel like the voices are coming too often and to me it's ok.

May you could record this, if it happend next time with any voice record software, fraps or something like this. This would be the optimal solution to get ride of this problem.

My group and I had this happen once during three missions on the weekend.

Non dedicated Server. (I was running the mission)

Using AI Revive 52 as well as a ton of other addons from the Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion thread.

Each of us were team leaders with three peons.(red shirts)

We where testing the revive to see if I got it right in mission setup so I had player C shoot me. The other player B constantly said One is down. One is down. over and over and over again seconds apart

I was revived as I should be, and he kepts saying One is down. We at the time didn't know who it was so we all looked for the soldier responsible for the repeat issue. We figured it out that it was player C. We then Shot him. Revived him and didn't have the problem again all night.

Does that help Snkman?

Styxx42

Well nope this is a ArmA Bug.

I do not use voices which do contain "One is down" i already had this problem too.

I think it's something in ArmA but not has something to do with Group Link 3.

In GL3 the friendly A.I. do only shout "Shit Man Down" after one of their own ( Friendly ) units was killed.

Also if you say you only had this problem once and after killing and reviving the unit it was gone, then it can't have something to do with scripts, becouse scripts do always repeat errors.

If there is a bug, then it will always happend in the given situation.

I think there is a problem with the Event Handlers and the "publicVariable" but i have to see when and where it happend.

Like i sad i never had this problem so far, so it's a bit hard to debug.

But thanks for trying to help. thumbs-up.gif

SNKMAN

I didn't pay close attention to what they where saying. But It might have been the Shit man down. I think it has to of been that because it stopped when we killed the other commander player (meaning he was in a separate group). But I will make sure of it if it happens again.

I will make sure that I have fraps running to record with sound if it happens again.

For me this is not a major issue and like you said it might not even be related to GL3. I was just trying to add to the list of possible information to help those better then me.

Cheers

Styxx42

Nice! smile_o.gif

Thanks for your help Styxx42.

Well i already found/fixed some D.S.A.I. bug's, but i'm still looking for more.

i played warfar 1.2 (BI version) , but weather changed, and heavy fog rised. is it GL3 ?

edit: without GL3 , no fog...

Yes that's the GL3 Random Weather Feature.

Yes that's the GL3 Random Weather Feature.

i though it was disabled by default. i remove // in the GL3 settings file , and force weather= false . is it enough ?

Nope.

By default ALL features are enabled.

You can disable/change features in the "GL3_Settings.sqf"

Yes this should do. wink_o.gif