Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 3

Heyho Snkman :) How's the progress of GL3 so far? As ArmA 2 comes closer and closer I'm getting a little bit nervous :D

By the way ... I've added a small feature test video to youtube.

Hi Legislator,

well i already made some very nice progress with GL3.

Several bug fixes, improvements and enhancements are done.

New Features of GL3 v.1.4

Player Call Reinforcement:

Players are also able, to call in reinforcement.

The player call reinfocement feature do work the same way like the Enemy A.I. call reinforcement feature.

Groups in a helicopters do paradrop or unmount the helicopters at the conflict point.

Groups in a cars/truck do unmount the cars/truck at the conflict point.

And much more...

Player Call Evacuation:

Players are able to call in a evacuation.

Example: After a player called in a evacuation, a helicopter will fly to the position of the player, land and return back to the base with the group which had called in the evacuation.

Some more features are in work, but i will not tell something about them.

It's a suprise. :D

-BadBoy;1253179']1- in fact i always use a dedicated server' date=' so i can't confirm if it is only a "client side" issue or if a "normal host" has also this issue. I can only say that this issue is present, no matter if the "@GL3" is activated or not on the dedicated server side (but sure it is enable for the clients side).

2- sadly a lot of them (maybe all of them), like "Grenade", "I need help", "Ennemi spoted", and many many more (i don't remember all of them) * [img']http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/confused_o.gif[/img]

The biggest problem is also the "no possibility" to disable this D.S.A.I system (by putting "false" into the config file)

BB wink_o.gif

Hi SNKMAN

Some info about this "repeat loop chatter" issue :

It is only with dedicated server (Arma Console Server), no problem at all with a normal Host (who is playing too). So i means that if more than one client are connected on a dedicated server => "repeat loop chatter" issue

Have you already fix this "repeat loop chatter" issue in the v1.4 ???

Any possibility to test your current v1.4, just to be sure that this f.... issue is fixed ??? (if yes, can you contact me by PM ? We can do some tests together with my dedicated server if you want)

Cheers,

BB

Edited by [GIBF]-BadBoy

Snkman, this sounds outstanding! :yay:

I hope the ArmA AI won't ruin everything with their behaviour :( Somehow I don't think the AI can land a MH-6 on the battlefield :rolleyes: This happened last time I let the AI fly :D

mh6imbusch.th.jpg

Hi, I really like this mod. I have one question and I have read the readme and this whole thread but I can't find the answer.

Can I change the DSAI settings so that the Opfor troops use the russian or spanish voices like in the full DSAI mod? I don't like that Russian troops or SLA etc sound american when they shout.

Or should I disable the GL3 DSAI feature completely and just use the regular DSAI addon seperately?

Thanks again for your work on GL3 it makes the game much better.

@[GIBF]-BadBoy

I think i already fixed the D.S.A.I. problem.

I also did include some more stuff, to give the user the chance to random size the D.S.A.I. much more.

To disable the D.S.A.I. till the next version of GL3 comes out use this:

Init.sqf of your mission:

if (isServer) then
{
      GL3_Server set [0, True];

waitUntil {GL3_Server select 1};

sleep 2;

GL3_Public set [31, False]; publicVariable "GL3_Public";
};

@goldblock

Thanks. :)

Well i choosed to use the sounds/voices which came with ArmA only, to keep the GL3 AddOn/Mod as small as possible.

If ArmA would have come with "Russian" sounds/voices, then i defenetly would use them, but it doesn't have such sounds/voices.

So yes if you like to have the "Opfor" use "Russian" voices, then you have to disable the GL3 D.S.A.I. and use the other D.S.A.I. AddOn.

HOLY F**K!!:computer:

I got the GL3 installed correctly finally!

Before i was testing out the sample missions, and nothing was happening. then last night i read through the forum, and i figured it out. I did everything right except move the EEh event handlers and core file over to the addons folder and overwrite.

im useing the ACE mod along with the 31stww2 mod and all the other ww2 addons, and srmat Libmod 41-45, and the UPS -urban patrol script

OMG that one mission where u had to make ur way to the ramahdi town, talk about a fire fight, we came up to a chopper of spetnaz and they took off and paradropped like 6-7 soldiers, we were gettin hit from behind!

getting flanked, we must have had the whole freakin island on top of us, we had some sort of art fallin on us, at first i had no idea where it was coming from then i saw one of my guys get killed from it so we took off.

Wow im pretty impressed. I had combined this with UPS script useing a previous mission i had built, works like a charm.

SNKMAN, Very good Job sir very much appreciate your dedication and work towards such a great project, its guys like you that make games like this have a great community.

ok nuf ass kissin for the moment, lol

I have a question for you, im sure this can be implemented, or maybe it is.

Im a dedicated WW2 fan and also lead a ww2 realism unit for another game, as well as for arma.

In WW2 a german squad sole firepower was the Mg,almost everything they did involved the useage of the MG.

heres where my question comes in:

Is it possible to make the squad utilize its mg/s making them the main source of firepower thereby supressing you and forcing you to move to a new position or retreat altogether?

The AI once they have spotted you would move into position of possible cover and there would be an mg and assistant, they would put down the firepower while the rest of the squad moves forward to assault you.

your thoughts.

danke schon

Gunter

@Günter Severloh any chance you could share with me how you did that awesome thing?!

I have sometimes tried combining more than one script and I always make something crash or print out a bunch of error code :(

I tried doing custom music and 1 or 3 scripts and everything fails with modding the description.ext correctly I suspect...

@Günter Severloh

Thank you very much :)

Well yes i agree... The way how to install GL3 is a bit confusing in v.1.3

I think you are not the only one who had problems with it.

That's why i already changed it to use the E.E.H. as default.

About your question:

Yes it is possible and it's already included in the next GL3 version.

But i did not force it to MG's only also unit's with Assault Rifles will try to Suppress the enemy / Cover their own unit's.

wonderful SNKMAN, looking forward to the next update;)

Commando84

I had a mission that i had made before ww2 of course but no matter, i was updating it with some new things for my unit to play on. For Ups all you do is put the sqf into the same folder as where your mission is.

then edit the mission and add a marker adn name it.

In the readme for UPS theres a code, and u basically put this code into the group leaders int that u want to patrol,

just follow the example that he has on this page its real easy!

http://kronzky.info/ups/index.htm

but my shortcut looks like this--->

E:\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=@31STWW2;@ACE;VirtualOperations_Soundmod1.19;@SARMAT_WW2;@GL3

all i did was add the @GL3 to the end like you would for any mod.

but the thing i didn't get the first time around was the EEH files.

so basically if your useing ACE mod:

1. go into your EEH folder and move the:

gl3 core

Event handlers pbo

2.put them in your GL3 addons folder.

thats it all you have to do!

my mission i have i had set it up for MP, i edited it in the editor then exported it to mp, but i have a art script, mp respawn for various units, and then GL3 runnin the AI, and boy what a game!

Hey SNKMAN

was wondering if you can help me figure something out.

couple of questions

1. I have the Gl3 running fine, but i was wondering is their a random weather feature in it? as during my mission last night it got real foggy when the mission was set for sunny skys.

2. MP respawn.

Im having a small issue that i cannot figure out, I have 1 squad of playable OPFOR inf (ww2 axis units;) and 3

squads of blufor :

2 ww2 Russian squads----each member made playable/useing no waypoints

1 squad of 4 pershing tanks--- each tank made playable/useing a waypoint set for a trigger which is activated when Opfor is present

what i have is a respawn marker set at my opfor base where i want the opfor to respawn, the code looks like this:

respawn= "BASE";

respawndelay=5;

the marker codes go

respawn_east,

respawn_east_1

respawn_east_2

respawn_east_3

for the blufor

i have 2 markers that are :

respawn_west

respawn_west_1

heres the problem:

When the blufor squads die they randomly respawn into the Opfor base. when i got killed I respawned in opfor base np there, and what i saw is all the Ai units there killed by the respawned blufor units, so my question is what am i doing wrong that makes blufor respawn into Opfors repawn points?

Gunter

1 more question for you, this is for the GL3_settings.

what is true and what is false, and if i wanted something true then how do i know it is true, what do i change if i want something to be true or false?

example

// True / False, default is True

// GL3_Public set [31, False];

what is true and what is false, and if i wanted something true then how do i know it is true, what do i change if i want something to be true or false?

example

There is a random weather variable:

// GL3 Random Weather

// This feature will change the weather randomly during the mission

// Weather Effects: Fog, Overcast and Rain

// True / False, default is False

// GL3_Public set [41, False];

I think you just remove the comments("//") if you want to turn this off.

But that leads me to my second comment. I have the same question about the setup as you. So I just want to confirm this. I believe the easiest way to make something true or false is to just comment or un-comment the appropriate line in the GL3_settings.sqf. But there are some times that I wonder whether this turned off/on something.

@Günter Severloh

Yes GL3 do use a random weather feature.

Sorry, but currently, i can't tell you exactly, what you are doing wrong with the respawn.

To me everything looks good. Also much time passed since i last used the respawn markers.

@Günter Severloh and Manzilla

True means Enabled.

False means Disabled.

By default all GL3 features are True ( Enabled )

I will make the example with the random weather:

// GL3 Random Weather
// GL3_Public set [41, False];

Remember by default all GL3 features are True ( Enabled )

This means the random weather feature also is True ( Enabled )

In the "GL3_Settings.sqf" you got the chance to disable it by removing the "//" in front of the variable "GL3_Public set [41, False];"

// GL3 Random Weather
GL3_Public set [41, [color="Red"][b]False[/b][/color]];

Now GL3_Public Nr. 41 ( Which is the random weather ) is set to False ( Disabled )

You could enable it again by putting again the "//" in front of it.

// GL3 Random Weather
[color="Red"][b]//[/b][/color] GL3_Public set [41, False];

Or you could enable it by set it to True

// GL3 Random Weather
GL3_Public set [41, [color="Blue"][b]True[/b][/color]];

Having major troubles getting this mod to work. I've tried it with a ded. server as well as hosted. I've tried all the example missions, human_AI, spawn, playground, the actual example mission and nothing seems to work.

The "missions" state, do this and watch or wait a few seconds and then watch what happens. Well nothing happens. As I've said, I tried it this dedicated and hosted. I have @GL3 running on the server and client.

The only think I noticed at all was that when I ran dedicated, the teleport function worked but hosted it did not work. So far, that's the only thing I've seen with this mod.

I tried uncommenting some of the variables (setting them to True) in GL3_settings.sqf but it didn't help.

The mod sounds fantastic and I'd really like to see it working. Can anyone offer any help?

so what is your setup, do you have ace mod, what have you done in terms of installing it.

I had alot of trouble too a while back but all i had to do was go into the EEH folder and move 2 files to the addons folder.

the way u install it is important for it to work properly, follow the steps:

1. Put the @GL3 into your main Arma folder

2. add the @GL3 to your shortcut, by useing the mod method, which will look like: ;@GL3 in your target line

3. if u have ace or mods that use event handlers then do the following:

1. go into your EEH folder and move the:

gl3 core

Event handlers pbo

2.put them in your GL3 addons folder.

thats it.

Before you post and ask questions, be sure to search the topic first for questions that have been possibly answered already

example

Just remove the "//" in front of "// GL3_Public set [31, False];" to make this false. If the "//" is present it will be true.

Thanks for the reply.

I had alot of trouble too a while back but all i had to do was go into the EEH folder and move 2 files to the addons folder.

I interpreted what the author said about EEH as GL3 will work fine along side EEH with no changes. I thought his advice about EEH was IF you wanted GL3 to actually use EEH, then do "this and this".

Are you saying that if both GL3 and EEH are being used, you actually have to make some changes regarding EEH? That's not how I interpreted the author.

Before you post and ask questions, be sure to search the topic first for questions that have been possibly answered already
I try to do that religiously but I was faced with a 37 page thread with the search argument: "GL3 doesn't work" and that wasn't going to get me anywhere.

BTW, I don't use ACE but I use EEH.

I do have one more question regarding this:

Just remove the "//" in front of "// GL3_Public set [31, False];" to make this false. If the "//" is present it will be true.

Isn't it true that if you don't make any changes, all the defaults that SNKMAN set up are in effect, right? In other words, you don't have to edit GL3_settings.sqf to actually get this stuff to work?

Edited by DesertJedi

Are you saying that if both GL3 and EEH are being used, you actually have to make some changes regarding EEH?

Well all i know is when i added the EEH 2 files to my GL3 addons folder, that is Gl3 addons folder, everything worked, but then too I have ace mod.

But i dont know what your setup is in terms of what mods you may or may not be using, and it could be possible that you may need to use the 2 EEH files.

Id say giv it a try and see what happens, if it still dont work then obviously theres something wrong, cuz the mod isn't that hard to install, I mean it installs like any other mod, so theres nothing to figure out, but just give a try, go into your EEH config folder,and take teh Gl3 core, and event handlers and put them in your GL3 addons folder, thats it.

If SNKman gets in he might know whats goin on, but give it a try and let us know, Im happy to help as well as others, thats what makes arma community strong and big;)

BTW, I don't use ACE but I use EEH.

Okay try this. May it's better explained as in the ReadMe.doc

Replace/Overwrite the

"@GL3\AddOns\GL3_Config.pbo"

with:

"@GL3\E.E.H.Config\GL3_Config.pbo".

By moving the GL3_Config.pbo from "@GL3\E.E.H.Config\" to "@GL3\AddOns\"

Load "@GL3" by editing your ArmA Shortcut or by adding it to your ArmA Launcher and you should be ready to go. ;)

I know a bit confusing... :confused: Next version is way easyer to install/load.

Thanks for the reply.

Isn't it true that if you don't make any changes, all the defaults that SNKMAN set up are in effect, right? In other words, you don't have to edit GL3_settings.sqf to actually get this stuff to work?

Yes by default you don't need to change something in the "GL3_Settings.sqf" all features are enabled and set to their optimale values.

You only need to change something in the "GL3_Settings.sqf" if you are not happy with the setting of any GL3 Feature or if you like to disable Features.

Edited by SNKMAN

SNKMAN, thanks for getting back to me. I will give it a shot this weekend and report back.

Hey Snkman,

I found the no smoke culprit, GL3 link when i turn off all the smoke and such in the GL3 settings somehow still interferes with the smoke and fire effects of default arma, which i like alot better with Ace of course.

But I really like what the AI does in the game as it is not the same with out it.

When i took the GL3 out of my target line i had reg ace smoke and fire back.

Im wondering do i have it really disabled if i just remove the // before the bottem part of the feature, i mean is there more too it. I mean it does disabled the effects but it still intereferes, I still dont have the fire and smoke effects with GL3 running.

yur thoughts, and thanks for previous support

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I too would like to see a fix for the lack of ACE smoke and fire, even after disabling them in the GL3 config file.