Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Those pictures look really good, the rubble models are much better than in Arma1. I’m still a bit sceptical though, as most of that atmosphere in pic2 comes from the lightning and sky not the destruction itself.

What I’m afraid of is that towns that are bombed to bits will still just be building turned to squares of rubble (good looking rubble, but still..) while grass, roads etc is undamaged. Maybe a texture of brick and dust lying in a big circle around the destroyed buildings would solve the problem? Or let roads have a "destroyed" texture as well. I’m not asking for fancy 3d effects or anything, just a texture to give the impression of environmental damage. Maybe also let the grass in an impact area render as “lying flat on the ground�

I feel I have to say, given the recent warnings, that I am not whining or anything. I’m just adding suggestions regarding some recent pictures. For me this game is a must buy whatever features gets in or out.

They are okay screenshots, but i have a feeling the transition from full building to fully damaged is going to look like something out of a 1999 game :(

Most games I play, have totally solid buildings.

Edited by sparks50

Looks good. I think the control we have about how we want our mission to 'feel' by controlling the weather, colour of sky etc. will be great! The destruction looks good, hope the transition is nice, too.

I don't know if I count as "press", but...

http://www.dslyecxi.com

Teaser of something that will be revealed on the 30th. ;)

Tell me NOW!!! :coop:

I want to know!!!

I know what it is. ArmA2 gameplay video with TrackIR.

Nice destuction.

I put the 2 images over eachother in photoshop. They are both taken at the exact same location.. and the detructed buildings and church are at exactly the same location before and after the blast.

Looks really good!

I took the liberty of superimposing the 2 images and save it as an animated gif.. so everyone can see that both images are really the same buildings.

Nicely done, but you can see the door space of the front building has two windows to the left. In the destroyed pic, it just has one window to the left (door moving one "slot"). Also the windows on the left side disappear. It must be generic rubble for different houses (maybe houses with same area).

The TrackIR on top of the screen and the TrackIR ad on the left... :scratchchin:

Yes, yes this might be about TrackIR :D

But, what could the significance of the face on the iPhone be?

That's the "next gen console" that ArmA 2 will be on. That's clearly what the teaser is about ;)

ArmA 2 iPhone gameplay :yay:

Well tomorrow is the 30th, so not long to wait :)

PS: I'm kidding, just in case anyone believes me.

I think it is clear that the iPhone is what everyone should be looking at here.

Arma2 has fully expanded the ability to equip your soldiers with the latest eye ware! Your potential is limitless now that the community can implement any type of sunglasses they want!

At least, that's what I'm putting my money on. :rolleyes:

Time to bring back, and improve, on an OFP classic feature!

Looking forward to it Dslyecxi. I'm guessing 6 DOF too :)

Will you, and are you allowed to, make 'video on demand' before release? :)

Looks like a custom face. Maybe he's playing multiplayer?

The "What could it be?" text reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hN_Zv0tBo

By the way, I'm just glad I didn't see the teaser on the 7th, when it was posted. I'd be dieing from the wait by now. ;)

Edited by Praelium

I don't know if I count as "press", but...

http://www.dslyecxi.com

Teaser of something that will be revealed on the 30th. ;)

DAMN! I overlooked that post earlier this morning and now I'm at work and can't look at it. (Dslyecxi.com is blocked by our filter :mad: )

Can someone please describe to me in great detail the contents of that video? :D

Could it be a teaser for an ArmA2 Demo? (Just wishful thinking here)

@Maddog it's not a trailer just a image which shows the destruction or a setting like in STALKER.

in the Front with a rusty car and in a background a destroyed industrial building or something else.

Seeing the Facebook exclusive Screens the page before.

So far it looks nice but thats all.

I hope that the destruction animation was improved, I think its the most important fact of the destruction system.

But I'm looking forward to a video or something with more screens as 2 Screens which shows the bulidings just intact and destroyed.

Edited by Raptor

@ Maddog maybe you could use TOR... It is a portable version with firefox portbale so you can anonymously visit every site from the world :) > TOR portable <

I am really happy to see some TrackIR ingame footage since arma doesn't support 6dof naturally. It will be pretty useful for vehicle interiors but there is another point... we won't get combat tank interiors, not even for the drivers only :(

It would eb so great if you can use your head to look through the different screenmirrors... :yay:

Edited by telejunky

@ Maddog maybe you could use TOR... It is a portable version with firefox portbale so you can anonymously visit every site from the world :) > TOR portable <

Nah, the TOR site is blocked too. Besides, I wouldn't want to start using that kind of software at work. ;)

Better just wait 'til later to check it out. I've gotta say though, this "something to be revealed on April 30th" has me pretty excited. Even if it's "just a Track-IR video" (I'm still hoping for a full demo :D), it would be nice to see some new footage recorded on a decent system with appropriate settings - unlike some videos that can be found on YouTube.

of those pics of the destroyed buildings. I hope that if you destroy a building in the campaign. its stays destroyed for the whole campaign. Quite sad in OFP 1 when a building in everon was destroyed and in the next mission its perfectly new.

Sounds good, but what if you have destroyed a building, that becomes a key element later in the campaign?In such a case, you'd have some buildings that remain destructed, and some that got automagically re-built because they are important for the gameplay. That would also be kind of weird :)

Sounds good, but what if you have destroyed a building, that becomes a key element later in the campaign?In such a case, you'd have some buildings that remain destructed, and some that got automagically re-built because they are important for the gameplay. That would also be kind of weird :)

Quasi-simple solution: make those important buildings indestructible.

or just have a script. that rebuilds that building when it needs to be used in a mission. every building does have a ID number cant be that hard. maybe