Sign in to follow this  
SolidSnake-(SNK)

Petition for Tonal to ArmA!

I also liked Tonal (and everything else the BAS team made for OFP). But I think it's time to move on. Yes, as much as I liked Tonal, I think: why not make an entire new island in African theme, speaking about this there is already a mod team making an African style island:

BWC, Bush wars conflict (and don't forget former BAS team member Ebud is on this mod)

So I think we will see from them a good African themed island and addon pack.

PS. Just saw on their site that also famous vegetation producer Berghoff is contributing, African vegetation to this mod.

PPS. Would it save time, when making a whole new island, when using the 3DE Editor from Mapfact team?

You could ask ebud about tonal redux as i knw him and a small team made that island.

I also heard that ebud wasnt going to make it for Arma becuase Deadmeat wanted to make it his way or something so i dont no, thing was though all this news was long time ago around Ebuds Tonal Redux version.

But as for deadmeat and Arma tonal i dont see that happening also BAS have always worked in the dark  smile_o.gif

And on another note wasnt Ebud working on a african map for Arma for the awesome Bush Wars Mod.  smile_o.gif

Bushwars

I think if somebody is going to spend hours and hours doing it for arma they might as well wait for arma 2 and do it on that.

Would be good thought to have something now while we wait smile_o.gif

Oh just leave it alone for Pete's sake...

The time that one would have to spend to convert the old stuff from Tonal to ArmA could easily be spent to come up with something better.

So if you really want to spend such a huge amount of time, why not be creative and make something new instead?

No one's keeping anyone from doing an african themed mod for ARMA.

And maybe a tip for beginners - start with a small island with couple of towns and a small landing strip or two. Island of Sarve or Barbuda is a nice example. Always think about the gameplay. Avoid satellite images of towns, because even a 1kmx1km town can prove to take more than 200 hours work...

Quote[/b] ]Oh just leave it alone for Pete's sake...

The time that one would have to spend to convert the old stuff from Tonal to ArmA could easily be spent to come up with something better.

So if you really want to spend such a huge amount of time, why not be creative and make something new instead?

No one's keeping anyone from doing an african themed mod for ARMA.

Exactly...

BAS2 get creative ffs! biggrin_o.gif

Tonal is absolutely must be Island (MOD) !

++++ 100.000.000 from Chaos !

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

A question - had BAS forbidden to convert Tonal for ARMA ? huh.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
A question - had BAS forbidden to convert Tonal for ARMA ?  huh.gif

They siad some time ago they didnt want their OFP stuff converted to ArmA. You woul have to PM DM for a definative answer though.

This may take a while. Though let me remind you that "not forbidden" is not the same as "allowed" wink_o.gif

Also, what Rom said should tell you everything you need to know, to be honest.

What is when anybody will create new island with some terrain parts which are exactly copied from Tonal?

Hey man, we're desperate here wink_o.gif

Currently I need "euro" scenery for todays squadnight and I'm choosing between Yanutha and Schmal biggrin_o.gif

I will TONAL for ARMA !!!! Yes, i will!

Tell me please:

"Yes, we too",

"Yes, we make it"

and

"Yes, we can!"  

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

I would like to see Tonal for ArmA/ArmA2, too.

I think we discussed that inside CWR a while back too how nice it would be to work on Tonal and bring it back to ArmA. But we too came to the conclusion that BAS would be against it.

In any case, if it would be possible to bring it back to live, be it by BAS itself or someone else (with the OK of BAS of course), that would be damn nice. smile_o.gif

As its not my place to tell anything about it i hoped you would see how pointless a conversion would be, but it seems i am not convincing enough. Please forget everything i said and wait for DM.

Tonal  inlove.gif

Man that takes me back to a golden era...

Same here, man Tonal brings back some good OFP memories.

I have no modding experience at all but wouldn't it be easy to just convert it like the PMC Afghanistan map.

What has this to do with Tonal?

IIRC they released their converted Ghan map already in May.

Back on topic: To clarify this a bit: I (and maybe others too) don't want Tonal as another OFP conversion with all it's negative effects (single textures, floating objectes etc etc.).

I would like to see a Tonal up to todays standards and quality.

Guess we can only wait for an official yes or no from BAS though I fear I already know the answer DM is giving us. huh.gif

@Serclaes

It's not that you're not convincing enough, it's just that most of us here just are tonal maniacs. smile_o.gif

Back in its time, and especially the newest version were just one of the best islands around. And as you can see by the replies it's not just 2 or 3 of us wink_o.gif

In my opinion Tonal is just as worthy of a quality conversion as the official OFP islands. It was a great map and would be so awesome in ArmA.

I guess the word 'conversion' misleads you as to the amount of work required. To create a new satellite texture is a huge task. A plain conversion with OFP textures would be a bad idea.

It's understandable that the BAS team would rather make something new. But if someone else who could do a quality conversion was willing to do it then it seems like a good idea to let them try.

The CWR team seems to be doing a good job converting the OFP islands (hint) whistle.gif

It would be good, when some BAS members were reading and writing in this topic. I wrote a PM to Ebud, but he doesn´t answer anymore.