Sign in to follow this  
eble

Eurofighter Typhoon

Conversion of Hardrock's BWmod's Opf Eurofighter addon -

I did out of respect, try to contact some of the BWmod people on here following there Tank addon release, but got no reply.

I'll state from the start I've converted this addon on the understanding of the Opf readme, that stated this addon was open source.

this extract is taken from the OFP readme:

Quote[/b] ]License

Eurofighter Typhoon beta (BWMod_EF.pbo): open source

You are free to modify and release this addon uncommercially. I would be glad if you would inform me about any modifications out of pure interest, but this is no must. I strictly forbid any commercial use of any of the files included.

now with that out the way, here is the Eurofighter:

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurofighter_Typhoon" target="_blank">

Wikipedia Eurofighter</a>

Eurofighter%20BW1.jpg

This addon features:

Spec/Normal Maps

Full special FX package (sonic/wingtip/afterburner)

fully animated air speedbrake

modified flight model

XEH compatible

6 x AIM-9 (CAP)

6 x Gu12 (Strike)

1 x Mauser 27mm 200rnd cannon

Future updates:

full damage textures

correct/full shadows lods

multi weapon loadouts

update cockpit textures(can appear clear in parts)

In keeping with the open source nature of this addon, I have not binarised this PBO so people can open it up and look at it, all the original opf files/scripts are inside.

This is beta 1, so you will find bugs etc.

Southy

Download here:

Armaholic Eurofighter Beta 1

Armed Assault Info  - Eurofighter Beta 1

Mirror by ePrison.de

Eurofighter Beta 1

Nice to see some equipment for the german units released in very past^^.

Will take a seat in that in a few minutes.

Thank you very, very much. smile_o.gif

Wow Southy, you´re doing a lot of great work i must say.

I wanted to contact you in regard of the EF and now it´s already here biggrin_o.gif

Especially nice to see because the Hardrock´s OFP model was already so much nice inlove.gif

Thank you very much for your work!

IkaR's Mirage 2000 and this Hardrocks Eurofighter were so good that they convert over very well in arma and look good.

Probably the EF could do with a retexture but its not something that should have held up it's release.

Southy

Looks great Eble - I hope the author sees it like you do, a coversion that pays homage to the great work of BW Mod! biggrin_o.gif Thanks to you!

Look forward to your Strike version mate (I mainly use the jets for calling in bombs from the ground), I can't fly for crap!

notworthy.gif

Great addon in OFP days! Can't wait to give a try in ArmA.

I don't like bugging people for additions but an RAF skin for the Typhoon would great!

apologies for the quick revision, just made a strike version with 6 x Gu12's

get it here, have fun stewy.

Eurofighter

Southy

Really beautiful jet. I hope for the each country version.

me like eurofighter biggrin_o.gif european weapons powa!

i hope we see the finished version soon , thanks

thumbs-up.gif

Armaholic mirror updated:

- Eurofighter Typhoon

Big, just to let you know that after downloading from FTP 1 I noticed a typo, file name was "eurofighter_v1.1rar" and obviously should be "eurofighter_v1.1.rar"

Great addon, will fly it in a mo.

Duca

I won't be doing any more 'country versions' until the next beta then I'll include all current countries.

But until then, if you can't live without a RAF Eurofighter you can download the addon here:

BWMOD EF inc RAF versions

Includes

German and RAf CAP version 6 x AA missiles

German and RAf Strike version 6 x GBU

EF%20RAF.jpg

Southy

Quote[/b] ]License

You are free to modify and release this addon uncommercially. I would be glad if you would inform me about any modifications out of pure interest, but this is no must. I strictly forbid any commercial use of any of the files included.

It´s weird seeing you taking the initiative of explaining a license agreement which grants anyone permission to rape a model that you didn´t even make yourself, nor get permission to convert it.

I´m quite sure that this is not okay with BW Mod, but then again im only the screenshot slave.

Rule of thumb that placebo gave for permissions which cannot be obtained due to absence of original autrhors is waiting for at least 6months for replys on emails, pm´s phoncalls or whatelse...

This is not going to be a newsitem on our page until everythings cleared up.

Quote[/b] ]License

It´s weird seeing you taking the initiative of explaining a license agreement which grants anyone permission to rape a model that you didn´t even make yourself, nor get permission to convert it.

I´m quite sure that this is not okay with BW Mod, but then again im only the screenshot slave.

Rule of thumb that placebo gave for permissions which cannot be obtained due to absence of original autrhors is waiting for at least 6months for replys on emails, pm´s phoncalls or whatelse...

This is not going to be a newsitem on our page until everythings cleared up.

First and foremost when I convert something the first line always has - 'with permission'

I didn't want to get into an argument about what I can/can't /could do, so I thought it was best I explain what Hardrock had written in the opf readme.

The Opf readme clearly states - open source do as you like.

I still sent a PM to ask permission aswell (13/09/08) to TeRpEnTiN, got no reply.

All authors original content has been aknowleged, I in no way have said I've created anything in this addon, all original files remain unaltered except for the config which I created.

I haven't used any parts of the ACES addon.

The conversion I've made includes the full opf readmen as issued with the ofp addon, I've not changed anything.

Just in case your confused the quote in my original post 'is' from the Opf readme, I've not made anything up here, nothing sinister to report.

After spending a good 25 hours in the last 2/3 days converting this addon, honestly ... i'm speechless

I've got no problems with you not posting any of my conversions your on website.

Southy

After spending a good 25 hours in the last 2/3 days converting this addon, honestly ... i'm speechless

I knew you´ve put alot of work in this beforehand, And i didn´t want to piss you off. It´s just the very short time you´ve waited for a reply, one month doesn´t seem alot.

I know that terp is coming back, simply because i still owe him a box of beer .. and noone would miss such an opportunity, right?

But he´s not been on ICQ lately either, possibly due to his finals in study of "something".

Indeed i´ve overread the part where it says somethintg about the original ofp readme granting open source permissions. My apoligies if that applys to ArmA aswell  smile_o.gif

Very nice work! I have not been active for a long time, but I'm glad to see people value the work I spent on this addon smile_o.gif

Just to stop any speculations/flame wars right in the beginning:

I'll state from the start I've converted this addon on the understanding of the Opf readme, that stated this addon was open source.

this extract is taken from the OFP readme:

Quote[/b] ]License

This was stated in the readme and this is true. You can do whatever you want, as long as you do it uncommercially.

I would be even more glad if you would port ACES, but I know what a pain in the ass it was so I doubt you will smile_o.gif

Sincerely,

hardrock

Thanks to Hardrock and Mr Burns for clearing this up.

Afterall this is "hardrocks' addon, I've just done some config work.

Those hours you put into this model/addon can be seen in game mate this thing looks great even without a new texture being made.

Cheers

Southy

Nice Addon anyway

Some Tipps for the future: You realy should change the old ofp proxy pathes and make a arma conform config.cpp and model.cfg. and be aware you overriding original bis classes with your config.

I won't be doing any more 'country versions' until the next beta then I'll include all current countries.

But until then, if you can't live without a RAF Eurofighter you can download the addon here:

BWMOD EF inc RAF versions

Includes

German and RAf CAP version 6 x AA missiles

German and RAf Strike version 6 x GBU

Southy

Wonderful, prompt update.

Keep it nice work. thanks. smile_o.gif

Very nice idea. Brings back the old days. OFP times... when we all were young... huh.gifsad_o.gif

and i wos going to say ill have a go at the RAF one some time lol nice work man i just love this jet inlove.gif