Sign in to follow this  
bionic

Leopard 2 Beta1

Okay today i released the first Beta of my Leopard 2 Pack.

Most info will be found in the readme. Sorry it was a long day and i am to tired to write more infos now.

To sum it up i can say it is a Beta Release there are many Bugs and you are welcome report everthing you will find.

The final Addon will be released in cooperation with a well known Member of this forum but you will see.

Some Screenshots:

63391062qp3.th.jpg56943706yr2.th.jpg

40394197kk0.th.jpg69681191gw9.th.jpg

I will add more info tomorrow.

You can download it at Armed-Assault.de

Link

Thanks you Mr.Burns for the News.

modEmMaik reworked a small Mission for the Leo´s you can download it and use it as Techdemo here.

Arma_Tutoria_viconX.Sara.rar - 0.01MB

I only had time to make a small Test on the mission but it seems there will be shown the first bug on the Leo´s.

If you order them to move to the next waypoint the Loader (Ladeschuetze) will get out of the tank but as said it is a early Beta Release.

Update:05.10.2008

Okay here is a small update on the Leo´s

Note: To use this you will need to have the vxtracked.pbo this file only makes some changes to the config.

Quote[/b] ]Installation:

Simply put the "vxtracked_repl.pbo" and "vxtracked_repl.pbo.VXBW.bisign" in the same folder where you have installed the vxtracked.pbo.

Changes:

- Added smokelaunchers to commander turret

- increased speed to match other vehicles

- changed dispersion of loaders MG3

Use:

To use the smokelauncher you have to be in the commander position of the turret. Press "F" to select the smokelauncher as weapon and the

left mouse button if you want to fire it.

Known Bugs:

At the moment the smoke will not block the AI.

Credits:

All credit goes to "Tatsun" for providing the smokelauncherscript and modEmMaik for his great support and writing the replacement PBO.

smokeoi3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Download:

vxtracked_repl_0410bSigned.7z - 0.00MB

Greets Bionic

I didn't see the class names listed any where so here they are:

"VX_Leopard2a5"

"VX_Leopard2a6"

hi

first: great addon but:the enginesound isnt right i think Tht Leopard 2 A 5/6 has a gasturbine as engine !

second the turret MG has no ammo when entering the Tank!

firefoxlover.giffirefoxlover.gif

no leo has turbine engine..

all have a standard diesel MTU engine...

though i belive the A6 has a upgraded engine...

Thanks for the mirrors! thumbs-up.gif

@Manzilla

Sorry haven´t thought about that part biggrin_o.gif

@Sakura

As shadow said the Leopard tanks are using multifuel diesel engines check out some videos on youtube you will love the sound of the MTU in action biggrin_o.gif  And yes there is a newer engine with 1650hp but afaik they aren´t used in german Leopards.

Quote[/b] ]second the turret MG has no ammo when entering the Tank!

I think you mean the commander turret?!? If so thats simply because the Leopard commander has no weapon at all. His job is to command the tank, in RL if needed he can override the gunner but thats it.

@bigstone

Quote[/b] ]Very nice is there any chance that you can repaint this awesome tank as a Canadian Army Leopard 2?

Sorry but no! The pictures are showing uparmored Leopard 1 Tanks the canadians called them Leopard C2 but they are no real Leopard 2.

Do a search on google for Leopard 2a6m-CAN and you will see how canadian Leopard 2 look like. Actually they are leased german Leopard 2a6m with added slatarmor for the mission in Astan.

Bionic,

wonderful work on these Leopards, they are just awesome!

I love the colours and nice to see a cooperation with Vilas on his 1A4/A5 and 2A4, that´s what i love about this community smile_o.gif

Do you have any further plans regarding addons?

Awesome work! thumbs-up.gif

Noticed that the engine sound (loop) clicks when it loops. Either that or my soundcard is boned. smile_o.gif

I know its beta - just mentioned it. Thanks for the hard work, awesome machine.

Regards

Alex

@Alex

Yes there are small clicks when the sound loops i did my best to reduce it as much as possible but i am no sounddesigner and there is a lack of tools so sorry for that. I will spend more time on this issue later maybe i can fix it. wink_o.gif

Also modEmMaik did a small but nice update for my Leo´s.

Quote from my readme.

Quote[/b] ]Installation:

Simply put the "vxtracked_repl.pbo" and "vxtracked_repl.pbo.VXBW.bisign" in the same folder where you have installed the vxtracked.pbo.

Changes:

- Added smokelaunchers to commander turret

- increased speed to match other vehicles

- changed dispersion of loaders MG3

Use:

To use the smokelauncher you have to be in the commander position of the turret. Press "F" to select the smokelauncher as weapon and the

left mouse button if you want to fire it.

Known Bugs:

At the moment the smoke will not block the AI.

Credits:

All credit goes to "Tatsun" for providing the smokelauncherscript and modEmMaik for his great support and writing the replacement PBO.

smokeoi3.th.jpgthpix.gif

At the moment there are no changes or bugfixes made on the model itself but its a nice proof of concept for the extra features the Leopard´s will have. We hope you like it.

Replacement PBO download:

vxtracked_repl_0410bSigned.7z - 0.00MB

Greets

thanks , can't wait for the finished version , this tank is awesome  thumbs-up.gif

@Bionic

I can fix that for you. I will look into your PBO and tomorrow PM you about it.

Regards

Alex

72 @ Oct. 05 2008,04:41)]@Bionic

I can fix that for you. I will look into your PBO and tomorrow PM you about it.

Regards

Alex

You are welcome biggrin_o.gif Thanks for your offer to help thumbs-up.gif

Is this the old smoke script that the AI can still see perfectly thru?

If not what changes have you made to conceal the tanks more from the enemy .....or is it just eye candy?

as Bionic states in the readme on the top of the page (known bugs) "At the moment the smoke will not block the AI."

wink_o.gif

Is this the old smoke script that the AI can still see perfectly thru?

If not what changes have you made to conceal the tanks more from the enemy .....or is it just eye candy?

As i said i am a noob in scripting i don´t know how this scripts work it was implemented by "modEmMaik" and the script itself was provided by "Tatsun". Maybe modEmMaik can answer you this question.

Afaik Maik said it would be possible to get the AI view blocked by the smoke but at the moment he don´t know how the script works. I don´t have my hands on this Maik is only offering his help to improve the addon and when he says Domi check this little update i´ll do it so he is totally free on this.

And yes if you want to call it so it is more or less eyecandy if you play against the AI but if you play against your team mates it will work. So lets say it works 50/50

The smokelauncher uses the normal smoke grenades. I do not think that they block the AI-view at vanilla ArmA.

I checked it with ECS and this seems to block the AI-View, so I decided to leave this feature to 3'rd party addons. whistle.gif

Sorry if this was mentioned but I didn't see it. Does the replacement by modEmMaik replace BIS Abrams or does it just add some extra features to the Leo if they are placed in a mission?

And can't we just use DM's view block AddOn to block AI view?

Oh the new PBO only adds some extras to the Leo´s the BIS M1A1 will not be replaced. lol i don´t have it with writing readme´s especially not in english. rofl.gif

@Manzilla and Maik

Xeno contacted me and he said that he will implement DM´s view Block when he will have some freetime.

Did i forget to mention that Alex did a great job on the sounds?

The clicks are gone and there also will be a new maingun sound in the next release thumbs-up.gif