Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

For info...

Have you guys noticed a version of WACO and Bennys warfare on the servers ?

Played it myself and I must admit it has the best of both worlds !

It does require a little tweaking here and there but only in minor details.

[TAO] Kremator

just wanted to say waco has really added a lot to warfare and that the expereince is so very different (and i good way) since i played a shile back.

I regularly got my ass handed to me by a tank/m113 combo. the AI was much more aggressive in defense. great stuff! Not sure how aggressive it is in offense as i couldn't play for too long but am lookign forward to giving it more time when i can. great work this.

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.6e - ACE - Afghan Village

With permission from Doomguy, I've converted the latest version of ACE WACO to the Afghan Village island. The only feature changed is the team distance map parameters, which were all lowered to support the smaller theatre.

Download link:

Filefront - v1.1.6e ACE Afghan

Notes:

The majority of the notes about this release can be found in the original Readme.txt and Bhaz.txt which I included.

This hasn't gone through much testing but it is working for the most part. From what I've seen there's a few AI pathfinding issues but they generally get from A to B eventually.

If you have found or know how to fix any bugs related directly to this version alone, or have any suggestions regarding camp and town positioning (I hope to be updating along with Doomguy's new versions) - feel free to PM me.

Also - questions about this version (WACO Afghan Village) would probably be better directed to me via PM rather than wasting space in this thread or bugging Doomguy.

Why didn't I make a new thread for this release?

This is Doomguy's work, I just converted it to another island, none of the gameplay features or additions are mine - so it would seem it belongs here.

Required addons:

Advanced Combat Environment at 1.04 @ the time of this release

Afghan Village 0.6

Cheers bhaz! I'll try it out as soon as my schedule allows.

Doomguy

Hi Eagleone,

Thanks for the log file. I had a look, and I think the errors like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error in expression <_sites Set[_positionSlot,true]>

Error position: <Set[_positionSlot,true]>

Error Тип Любой, ожидается Число

Warning Message: Script Server\Construction\Construction_scalar bool array string 0xe0ffffef.sqs not found

Error in expression <_structures Set[_positionSlot,Call Compile Format["%>

Error position: <Set[_positionSlot,Call Compile Format["%>

might be related to the fact that you have the russian ArmA. But I'm not sure. Could you run a small test? In the editor, place a unit of OPFOR, and put in the initialization field:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hint Str Side this

then preview the mission and note what the hint box says. Also do that for BLUFOR and INDEPENDENT sides. If you don't get EAST, WEST and RESISTANCE in the hint boxes there definitely is a compatability problem with the russian version. Let me know what you get.

Thanks,

Doomguy

OPFOR - hint box "EAST"

BLUFOR - hint box "WEST"

RESISTANCE - hint box "GUER"

Civilians - hint box "CIV"

P.S. Here it in English sounds as "MISSING":

Тип Любой, ожидается Число

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.6e - ACE - Afghan Village

Hi bhaz,

Really nice work! It's intense and a rather different experience than Warfare on South Sahrani. Small wish from my side: It would be fabulous if the troops had desert camo and the resistance consisted of the ACE Iraqi insurgents. That aside, a great job!

Doomguy

Hi,

I just released version 1.1.7 ACE in the top post! There is no big list of changes since 1.1.6e, but I thought it would be time to increase the version number again smile_o.gif Download from FileFront. Here are the changes:

- (ACE) Pack mode in the gear menu now allows you to purchase a second primary weapon.

- (ALL) Gear menu now allows you to change the loadout of your AI team members that are within 25 meters.

- (ACE) Claymore, POMZ, IR strobes, and some more HK and SCAR variants added.

This release is probably where WACO will stay for a while. I want to take some time to have the other versions (stand-alone and addon) reach the same level. Also, some nice people are porting the mission to other islands, which is extremely cool. I hope they will be able to incorporate the new features added in 1.1.7. It shouldn't be a problem using a good merge tool (like WinMerge) since there are changes to the mission.sqm file, except for the new version number.

Doomguy out.

OPFOR - hint box "EAST"

BLUFOR - hint box "WEST"

RESISTANCE - hint box "GUER"

Civilians - hint box "CIV"

P.S. Here it in English sounds as "MISSING":

Тип Любой, ожидается Число

Hmm, that's all fine. I mistakenly wrote RESISTANCE in an earlier post. GUER is correct. Not sure where to look next...

What does it say here (the cyrillic bit) It's the first scripting error in the log, at line 1724:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Error in expression <_sites Set[_positionSlot,true]>

Error position: <Set[_positionSlot,true]>

It means:

"The type Any, is expected Number"

P.S. These errors arise when other players are connected to me, our games are identical, when I play one errors was not present

Doomguy,

I don't know HOW you have done it BUT I have just played the most enjoyable game of WACO ever with this latest version.

I played on TESTING MODE, which is crazy but my server never dipped below 20FPS (which is excellent considering the amount of AI!wink_o.gif and my main PC never dipped below 30 FPS.

The battles were intense !

Thank you SOOOOOO much for making WACO.

This one will be on my server all the time!

[TAO] Kremator

Really nice work! It's intense and a rather different experience than Warfare on South Sahrani. Small wish from my side: It would be fabulous if the troops had desert camo and the resistance consisted of the ACE Iraqi insurgents. That aside, a great job!

Cheers smile_o.gif

I'll have a look into the desert camo and insurgents later today, haven't done any scripting for a long time and the sight of the Warfare files makes my head explode so it might take me a while.

bhaz,

Great fun playing WACO on the Afghan map.

A few (simple?) things you might concider:

1) Place map markers/labels for Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta

2) Maybe zoom the default map grid out a hair (it seems a bit tight given the small scale of the area)

I'd echo the thought of using desert cammo and insurgents (but I realize how much work that can become).

Good job, though. We played it all night w/o a hitch.

Cheers smile_o.gif

I'll have a look into the desert camo and insurgents later today, haven't done any scripting for a long time and the sight of the Warfare files makes my head explode so it might take me a while.

You wouldn't really need to do any scripting!

To change the resistance units you only have to edit:

Common\Config\Config_Barracks.sqs, where you change the resistance soldier types into insurgence guys in the _u variables.

and make sure that the variable resistanceSoldierBaseClass (also in Common\Config\Config_Barracks.sqs, near the end) contains the base class of the insurgency units. Not sure what it is, but the ACE documentation should have that information.

Doomguy

Way ahead of ya tounge2.gif, uploading file now - couldn't find anything on the base classes so I left them alone, all seems fine so far.

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.7 ACE - Afghan Village

Download link:

Filefront - v1.1.7 ACE Afghan

Changes:

- Updated to match Doomguy's 1.1.7

- West, East and Resistance units changed to something more appropriate

- M1A1 and M1A2 changed to ACE desert models

- Capture points marked

- Alpha and Bravo's resistance strengthened

- Fixed my fail spelling

Required addons:

Advanced Combat Environment at 1.04 @ the time of this release

Afghan Village 0.6

Cant find the POMZ. Though I normally play BLUEFOR. Call me lazy...are they an OPFOR trip ED ?

The POMZ is an OFPOR toy, indeed. It's in the misc weapons box.

I'll put links to all the different island versions in the top post as well.

Doomguy

WACO_v117_ACE_Bar.ic_barbuda

This version is a port of Doomguy's WAC0 117 to the island of IC Barbuda by Wedge  (http://www.ic-arma.com).  Apart from the island, this version of Warfare requires no additonal addons.  Download the mission from Filefront

IC Barbuda Island

Download the island from

-Armed Assault Info

-Armaholic

SPON MAPS

In adddition to the standard WACO 117 features, this version also contains SPON Map by spooner

Please visit http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=69577 for more information.  The SPON map is incorporated as script.

Doom thanks for allowing conversion and for the all the WACO releases, I have thoroughly enjoyed them.  As per bhaz's sentiments, this is Doom's work smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Tried both waco and afgan with 117 both great maps. Doomguy the ai is fantastic now. Thanks for great work biggrin_o.gif

Love the Afghan conversion. TESTING MODE is intense ! Try it !

Gonna have another go on my dedi server. FPS on server drops only to 25FPS (2.67Ghz Duo Core, 2GB RAM) so this is perfectly acceptible.

@Doomguy - have you considered using norrin's AI revive scripts? Have just tested the newest version and they are VERY VERY good. Would add a new dimension instead of immediate respawn into a controlled AI. Perhaps something to think about.

Great job.

[TAO] Kremator

Awesome mod Doomguy! Best one yet wink_o.gif

I'm having some issues with the AI. It appears that the gunners in any vehicle that i'm in refuses to fire anything until i actually tell him to target it. I set them to engage at will, and 'fire'. And i put their stance to 'aware/danger' - i tried a few combinations. They are really good at spotting everything, but short of me clicking on the enemy to target, they won't fire - or they take their sweet arse time until they are all dead.

Overall it seems my own guys (just the ones in my squad) are rather 'dumb'. The enemy & the friendly AI squads, it seems, are much better & quicker at fighting. Maybe its just me though wink_o.gif. Anyhow, i'm wondering if there's some lever i can pull in the files to make my guys a wee bit smarter? Or maybe put a option in the buy menu where you can up the Experience/skill level of your recruited soldiers for extra cash smile_o.gif

Other, related issue - I usually have 3 AT guys in my squad, because usually by the time i run into a a Tank, 3/4's of my guys die due to stupidity. The AI squads call out the enemy tanks, but the AI AT guys don't fire until i actually tell them to target. I dunno - maybe they would if i gave them more time - but by then more people die. Also - they usually miss their first round, and since they come default with a M3 and only 1 rocket, they are more or less useless after that first failed shot. Plus you can't rearm them anywhere unless your at the barracks and do it manually. The supply crates & ammo trucks etc.. only have the M136 Rockets. May i suggest changing the default loadout of the AT gunners to the M136 with 3 rockets so they become a bit more useful in their role?

I play your mod primarily because its pretty good for singleplayer. Is it possible to include a 'save' option?

I saw you stated earlier (or in another thread) that AI mount up on trucks if their target is more than 500m away. I thought that was pretty sweet - especially seeing that in action. What i don't like is that they nearly drive within a few meters of the enemy before they dismount. I went to investigate and saw that their 'objective' is often at the other side of town - thus they attempt to drive through enemy MG nests to each the other side. Often they don't disembark until their vehicle is unusable - and then of course get shot to pieces because their disorganized and already mostly dead. I don't suppose some tweaks are possible where they maybe stop & dismount a greater distance from their target? And maybe dismount if they 'spot' enemy within say 200m of them? Its just silly watching most of the squads at the beginning of the game buy those trucks - mount up - drive to the next town and just get slaughtered as they approach in their suicide trucks.

MG nests - seems to be the bain of the AI. They appear to be unable to deal with it. Its almost game breaking. For some reason the AI can't kill em - i literally have to go to every captured city and make sure all the MG nests are dead. The AI just moves on to the next town - meanwhile the supply trucks all get slaughtered by theses nests until they run out of ammo. I dunno what the problem is - maybe the AI just can't deal with the small hitbox and the fact its covered by 3 sides. May i suggest replacing the MG nest object with the 'unprotected' tripod MG?

engineer unit - I like that 'radio operator' unit and figured something similar could be done with an engineer unit (regular inf with a special backpack/secondary equipment). If you're close enough to him, enable the build menu and allow the player to place those small sandbag walls? And maybe other small things easily built 'in the field'. Just something i thought would be really cool biggrin_o.gif.

Think thats all the comments i have for now - sorry for the wall of text banghead.gif

Hi mattpilot,

Thanks for the feedback!

Some of the issues you report are related to ACE, and are being worked on by the ACE team. These are:

- AI gunners in player vehicle not firing

- AI AT soldiers inaccuracy

AI team mates dumbness I can't really fix. I guess you could try some AI-improving mods like ECS, FFN or SLX.

A save option is not feasible, sorry.

The AI not unmounting in case of danger is annoying, indeed. I think the SLX_GL3 mod actually solves it somewhat, but I guess something could be done with mission scripts as well. If only there would be a cheap way to detect the presence of enemy units, it would be easy to fix. I'll look into it.

The MG nests are problematic mostly in the ACE version. Without ACE the MG nests are destroyed by the AI as normal. Not sure what I can do about it.

I like the engineer-idea!

Doomguy out.

Edit: I think I could use the function findNearestEnemy to implement disembarking behaviour.

If you're close enough to him, enable the build menu and allow the player to place those small sandbag walls?

I remember something like this from back in the OFP CTI days. There was a support truck that could build sandbags, mounted guns, ammo crates etc. Used to have to defend the trucks like crazy 'cos the radio system didn't exist back then.

I think I could use the function findNearestEnemy to implement disembarking behaviour.

Would this find the nearest enemy (regardless) or only the enemies the unit knows about? The player could abuse this, automatically knowing that there's enemies nearby a dismounting AI squad.