Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

I don't know if anyone still plays this but i have on my hard drive an addon free Warfare based on Warface 118a. I basically ripped the Ace stuff out of it and any other addons. I've been tinkering with it here and there, added a few bit and bobs and even put in a proper radio icon instead of the original Waco one. WoW!!! :)

I've been playing it for a few months without any errors and everything seems to work fine. I've reduced the base locations as i like them on flat ground but you can edit it if you want, and i tidied up the camp locations etc, but i originally made it for my selfish self as i was fed up with all the addons so don't moan if there's something you don't like. ;-)

The Ace rucksack is gone and all Ace related stuff, but it's still basically Warface 118a, renamed to WACO 1175j LG. Anyway let me know if you're interested and i'll post a link if enough people are interested. I have 3 Saralite versions, MAP Saralite, McNools etc, Barbuda and Alameda that i've not quite finished the town layout. Right i'm off to play it....again! ;)

Well, that's enough people.....1, LMAO! Give me time to have my breakfast ect and i'll post a link! ;)

http://www.2shared.com/file/dE6VgUBH/WACO_1175jpw_LG.html Same link as on page 54.

Anyone who has trouble with the link let me know and i'll post some more. I've added 3 Saralite islands & IC Barbuda, IC Alameda. Also i have no scripting knowledge but my brain seems to know what it's doing, go figure. I've only played them single player, but no errors after weeks/months of playing. :)

Like i said above it's virtually Waco 118a with all Ace ripped out and a few things added like view distance buttons, headbug fix buttons to GUI. Added minefield & Ammocrate to camp build, remove defences by delete button and the near explosion sounds, Oh and the latest SPON Map, as the old one had errors. Just a few gimmicks, i got bored!

**If anyone decides to edit this further, please keep it addon free. Otherwise use Warface 118a instead! Thanks!**

Edited by Law-Giver

Just finished tinkering with Barbuda island, and i'll put it up if anyone's interested. Not long after capturing the airport in the center of the island i was on a hill and 3 waves of enemy armor came rolling in consisting of tanks, bmps and shilkas. We got some Heli's up, the Racs chopper never made it off the ground, the pilot was kind of dead! :)

All in all, i'm happy. Just got to finish Alameda island, work tonight and this weekend but i'll finish it. Again i'll put it up if anyone's interested. ;)

The guys who have already downloaded it, let me know if you're happy with it. Not that i give a sh*t. ;)

Yes, its a good work. I'll be glad to try more.

I see you decreazed Resistance side, so main battles are East vs West. Tried myself with small and large bonus for East, its cool.

Some small warning about markers when starting:

(RPT)<< Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMarkers.WTF_Dot'. >>, But could not see any problems while game.

(RPT)<< Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMarkers.WTF_Dot'. >>

Yeah i forgot about the WTF markers, that was in my version, it was one dot. Anyway uploaded new one with Barbuda and the others with WTF markers removed. ;)

2Shared.com

Link removed.

Armaholic.com

Links removed.

**If anyone decides to edit this further, please keep it addon free. Otherwise use Warface 118a instead! Thanks!**

Edited by Law-Giver
Update download link!

If people are interested i have some changes. As i was editing i got a bit lazy recently!

Links above! ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

If anyone wants Mando Hitch added let me know!

Hope you enjoy this one guys!

Edited by Law-Giver

Can u add players AImarkers like Benny warfare? tried to use his scripts but no results, guess i miss somethings.

Can u add players AImarkers like Benny warfare? tried to use his scripts but no results, guess i miss somethings.

@Siglar

Will have a go mate, i'm no scripting guru but if i managed to get this working without errors then any thing's possible. Will have a look at Benny's today then see what makes it tick.

**Update**

Added Ai markers & mando hitch!

Warface 1.1.8a No Addons Edit - Addon Free ****By Law-Giver***

****Complete List Of Changes****

- Removed all ACE addons.

- Added 'Graphics' GUI. Player can set view distance.

- Added 'Graphics' GUI. Headbug fix button.

- Added ability to remove defences by striking 'Delete' Button on your keyboard.

- Added build ammocrate.

- Added build minefield.

- Removed Spotlight.

- Changed the radio icon. Now looks like a radio. ;)

- Added near explosion sound.

- Added 'Rommels Configuration ActiveText'. View Distance & terrain Grid.

- Added random distant explosion sound effect.

- Added latest SPON Map.

- Fixed the radio tower markers on IC Alameda & IC Barbuda. Oops!!!

- Added start intro sound. Can't remember where i pinched it from. Thanks anyway!

- Changed wire defences round Med' tents to Hesco Wall. They were disappearing on town capture!

- Added new islands IC Alameda & IC Barbuda.

- Created Waco_Warfare_LG addon version & separate MP files.

- Added Ai Markers as requested by Siglar. From Benny's version. :-)

- Added Mando Hitch.

2Shared.com

Link removed.

Armaholic.com

Links removed.

Only uploaded the addon version, either de-pbo it and repack individually yourself to create 5 MPMission files or wait and i'll upload it later, maybe! Right gonna chill for a bit. Laterz! ;)

Edited by Law-Giver
Updated post!

In case i don't edit this any more, or come back to this post i just want to say a huge thankyou to Doomguy for this excellent conversion that i love playing so much. You've given me many late nights editing this one mate. ;) :)

Very welcome. I'm thinking to port some of this stuff over to ArmA 2, especially the AI scripting for AI teams that is mostly in SQF now anyway should be doable. Some hurdles to take though: I don't own ArmA 2 currently, nor the hardware to run it.

Doomguy

I'm thinking to port some of this stuff over to ArmA 2, especially the AI scripting for AI teams that is mostly in SQF now anyway should be doable.

Oh please do mate, i've played a few on ArmA2 but something seems to be missing so i'd love to play an ArmA2 Warface conversion or whatever it will be named! Iv'e just downloaded the stable ACE2 1.6, all it needs now is Doomguys Warface2. So get on with it. LMAO!

Jon :notworthy:

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

I don't own ArmA 2 currently, nor the hardware to run it.

Bl**dy hell Doomguy, i'd buy you the game and send it to you, and i ain't joking! If you want it, consider it done.....seriously! ;)

Guys i came across an error in game, easy for me to miss and the tower markers weren't as fixed as i thought but now they are in this version. It was because when i copied and pasted the commtower text to save time i left a gap in the text. So when the relevant script was calling it it didn't see it properly. Played several Islands and the towers pay me $500 and the markers vanish as well.

I'm happy now! :yay:

And another error seems to have gone now. It kept coming up at IGUANA, i think it was linked to Parato in the init line. I removed Parato from the init as the town wasn't even on the map anyway. It was giving me a SCALAR error at Iguana when the supply trucks arrived. Parato was in Dolores's init as well so probably would have thrown up an error there as well. I've since played it a few times and it seems fine now. Touch wood! ;)

2Shared.com

Link removed.

Armaholic.com

Links removed.

Unless i fancy adding more stuff this is probably the last one. Knowing me that means no it isn't!

ACE2 & ArmA2 & also OA & BAF seem to be getting better with patches & updates so will probably be back on that now. So Doomguy you'd better upgrade that PC, get yourself ArmA2 and get Warface2 sorted. I need it......:D

Edited by Law-Giver
Update post!

Been sloppy again guys. Was in a rush last week getting ready to go to work when i uploaded the last version and i forgot to update the addon config. So basically ArmA was crashing to desktop when selecting multiplayer. So basically this latest one is fixed. Doh!! :o

Also added separate MP Missions for those that prefer it. Sorry for the inconvenience! ;)

All my links are updated!

2Shared.com

Link removed.

Armaholic.com

Links removed.

Edited by Law-Giver
Remove Links!

I think that's it for now. I'm still adding stuff to mine but unless i feel the need to upload it then no more will uploaded. I might upload zWarfare that i've edited and also Squeeze's cRCTI Final that i've also edited and added stuff.

Since there's a lack of interest in Warfare and cRCTI i'll consider ArmA1 pretty much dead then. Well not on my Computer. Right i'm talking to myself again! ;)

Hi, I have an idea to use Arma's built in possibilities such as ambu, repair truck, refuel, ammo truck for AI only. Tried to add its but have a lot of errors, though think it's not difficult. All these stuff should be created by AI commander on the base, like supply trucks and salvagers. Think u can do it easilly. Have already tried to add that to big range battles with a lot of armory and could see AI's radiochat, they use them very active. Think it will give to AI more chances.

BTW, tried to use Zonekiller's SupportV2 for east and guerr AI only, but think it's not finished. Anyway it's much more interesting to give more chances to AI.

Edited by Siglar

All these stuff should be created by AI commander on the base, like supply trucks and salvagers.

@Siglar

I'm not sure what you mean by the above quote. Those vehicles are already created by the Ai Commander! With regards to "Support V2" i have in the past implemented it into my version of Squeeze's cRCTI, and although it was very cool it was also problematic!

Also i think it would ruin warfare because people will flood the skies with ammo drops, artillery, air strikes & reinforcements. I was hoping Zonekiller was going to finish Support V3 but he obviously didn't have the time or reasons unknown to us. A shame!

I am looking through my collection of scripts that i have stored from years of downloading to see if anything is worth implementing. I'm also picking through various warfare and borrowing the bits i like. :D

Jon.....

Yeah i know i said i'm not doing any more to this, but i got bored. I've now added Dr Eyeballs 'Status Dialog' and i removed the old set terrain grid and created one with a GUI. I basically used VFAI's Control Panel GUI as a template and then i created an addaction scripted set terrain GUI. Will post a screenie later. Maybe! :D

I also removed mando hitch as i'm trying Dr Eyeballs version from his Devastation mission. Also added the hints & tips box that pops up randomly during the game, think it was in Benny's. That's it for now as i'm working nights this weekend! ;)

Edited by Law-Giver
Update post!

Hi,

Those vehicles are already created by the Ai Commander!

Yes it is, but it's for players only, AI don't use it. Also AI leaders don't use Depot's repair,reammo... .

Things i'm talking about are:

There are another stuff in arma, support services vehicles and ambu with waypoint "SUPPORT". You can call them through command menu 5-1-1...5, every AI leader use it.

OK there are many field hospitals in the camps, everywhere, so no ambu. But u know, players are using Depot's repair,reammo,refuel and never AI leaders. Here is a chance for AI's armory, helis to go back to the battle with 100% functional vehicles. Its only few lines to put in the servers script, I don't know where exactly, and add "support" waypoints.

Tried to use that future just in editor with respawnable support vehicles in the big range battle with lots of armory, helis from both sides. Wow, radiochat is full with "need support.. repair, refuel (usually helis)". Don't know, may be 10-20% of AI's commanding stuff can go back to the battle. Just check it.

Yeah, i see what you mean now mate! Will have a look maybe over the next few days. I'm working again tonight so got to go to bed soon. Plus i got a lot of DIY to do or the missus won't be happy! :D

Added Options Button. Don't know what to add to it yet. :confused:

arma2010112011442948.jpg

Implemented Hints & Tips.

arma2010112011445514.jpg

Implemented Team Status.

arma2010112011454339.jpg

My New Terrain Grid GUI. Something i whipped up!

arma2010112011460952.jpg

Edited by Law-Giver

My New View Distance GUI. Something i whipped up........again!

arma2010112219450917.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now what else could i do? Stop talking to myself on the forum for a start! :D

Right, for those that still play Warfare. Here's my latest edit. 1.1.8.5jpw LG

All credit to Doomguy and a tiny bit for me. :D

http://www.2shared.com/file/tnu7O_85/Warfare_Waco_LG_No_Hints.html

Edited by Law-Giver
Updated latest link!

Hi, this last is very cool, well balanced. Hints little bit annoing, switched them off. Thanks.

Hints little bit annoing, switched them off.

LMAO! Yeah will switch them off, they are a little distracting. Will upload again when i've added something else! I've been making vehicle replacement addons for Exa's new Humvees and Strykers. I find replacement addons are much better than making addons compulsory in missions! :D

Will upload one with hints and one without! Seems fair eh! :)