Sign in to follow this  
ANZACSAS Steven

Symphony Of War

I tried it and I likes it!

You get a nice feeling of power behind the rifles an it sounds chaotic during large firefights (like it should/would).

Alittle bassy across the board for me but that just my opinion/soundsystem. Keep it up man, great 1st release!!!

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Awesome, I love the "Reloading!" and "Fire in the hole!"

Also sounds reminds me of old times playing good old fps wink_o.gif

Its great in big fights and the supersonic crack is almost unhearable which I like the most wink_o.gif

Keep going the great job.

I'm using fdf sound mod since it's release, but this is also very good.

If there will be no fdf update in the near future, I will use this mod for some time now.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I'm using FDF_Sounds since its out, and I stil find, it is the best sound mod out there.

FDF_Sounds has best vehicles and environmental sounds (rain, thunder, wind, birds), moving sounds (you hear the heavy gear of a soldier) and very good gun sounds (although I replaced some of them by better ones for my pesonal use).

Although I agree that it would be nice to have updates, will make a notice in FDF_Sounds thread.

It's wonderful to have so many sounds mod for ArmA!! Currently I'm checking out all the sound mods and picking out the best sounds to make my "ultimative sound mod" smile_o.gif

And I already spotted some sounds in Symphony of War that I will pick out and add to my pack! So thank you, for releasing this sound mod.

Looks like reloading and fire in the hole sound wasn't good idea... ;(

Reasons:

1. For example if I pick up american grenade as SLA and throw it why SLA should yell in english? ;D

2. Not every gun is affected with that...

3. When I use for example EVA I hear fire in the hole two times.

4. In big fight Reloading yell is almost unhearable, he also yell that in stealth missions, even if he's alone.

Too bad for me because this is great soundmod.

I suggest you to delete those two, but it's only my humble opinion.

Its very true that EVA & RUG DSAI take care of dynamic voice calling very well for that dept (and loads more besided).

I noticed the repeats too. I would suggest focusing on the main stock sounds than dynamic voice in a sound mod, mainly because the 2 I mention installed WITH a sound mod are an all in well rounded package smile_o.gif

I guess its a bit like making a replacement texture mod and including your own smoke effects .. IE ... thats sorted already with a specified mod.

Hope that doesn't sound bad, some nice stuff here anyway if your not using the above mods.

Yeah, so I am not the only one who think it should be removed.

Also, try to make M107 sound more effective.

Try to make M4 sound less metallic, I would say, try to do it simillar to your M16A4 sound.

Try to make explosives much louder, because they are almost unhearable.

And please don't add supersonic crack wink_o.gif

That should do it ; )

Original and great, hah.

Heya's,

Been reading the posts and been making some considerations.

I havnt had too much problems myself with the reload sounds but i do play Bulfor 99% of the time.I also dont run any voice mods etc.

I do see the problems that you are having with the voices in the reload sound so i will take them out .I will prolly gonna release an update in around a months time after a lil more refining.

Steve.

I must say that I really do like this soundmod, great work! The only suggestion I can make is toward artillery shells because they really only sound like over sized grenades.

If you could take the explosion effect from YASM then it would certainly add to your already great mod.

The rifle sounds have kind of a counterstrike FPS type feel to them a bit dry but good if thats what you were aiming for.

Some of the aircraft sounds are from desert combat bf1942 mod, but DC had some decent sounds.

Yeah, so I am not the only one who think it should be removed.

Also, try to make M107 sound more effective.

Try to make M4 sound less metallic, I would say, try to do it simillar to your M16A4 sound.

Try to make explosives much louder, because they are almost unhearable.

And please don't add supersonic crack wink_o.gif

That should do it ; )

Original and great, hah.

no supersonic crack? have you gone mad? that is what makes this mod great. they arent that loud and over powering. plus it adds realism. and i hate those BI cracks they sound like little rocks hitting a tin roof

no supersonic crack? have you gone mad? that is what makes this mod great. they arent that loud and over powering. plus it adds realism. and i hate those BI cracks they sound like little rocks hitting a tin roof

I don't know how you hear any supersonic crack in this soundmod, but if you do - ok then ^^

Let's make this this way: We want supersonic crack as it is now. biggrin_o.gif

The correct term is "Bullet bow shockwave". Anyways, good mod. thumbs-up.gif

Heya 's,

Leftskidlow,

You have a good memory for sounds. wink_o.gif .

The DC BF42 heli sounds are the best i heard in a game ever and i had to use em. wink_o.gif

To those ppl wondering about the supersonic cracks,i will only be refining the volume mix for them so they wont be changed.

Also i have had a look into why some ppl have said there isnt much sound travel for explosions.I have noticed that there is still a fair bit to play with in this area so i think i have sorted it out.

Thanks again for the continued Feedback from everyone.

Steve.

The DC BF42 heli sounds are the best i heard in a game ever and i had to use em. wink_o.gif

Did you get permission from the original authors to use them or any of the other sounds you did not create, and are you going to release an exhaustive list of credits?

Did you get permission from the original authors to use them or any of the other sounds you did not create, and are you going to release an exhaustive list of credits?

Do you have any reason to imply something contrary to what you mention?

I'm sure that Plaintiff can answer for himself, but I didn't get any feeling that he was implying anything with his statement. It seems clear to me that he's concerned about copyright infringement in the case of taking the some of the sounds from other games. It sounds like a reasonable thing to be concerned about to me. If some of the sounds came from BF1942, permission may or may not be required (I believe it would be required).

I'm sure that Plaintiff can answer for himself, but I didn't get any feeling that he was implying anything with his statement.  It seems clear to me that he's concerned about copyright infringement in the case of taking the some of the sounds from other games.  It sounds like a reasonable thing to be concerned about to me.  If some of the sounds came from BF1942, permission may or may not be required (I believe it would be required).

People take models and all of the sorts out of other games which im sure the creators wouldnt agree with them, but as far as it goes they arnt being sold so no harm gets done, look at all the counter strike weapons etc, etc etc...

I'm sure that Plaintiff can answer for himself, but I didn't get any feeling that he was implying anything with his statement.  It seems clear to me that he's concerned about copyright infringement in the case of taking the some of the sounds from other games.  It sounds like a reasonable thing to be concerned about to me.  If some of the sounds came from BF1942, permission may or may not be required (I believe it would be required).

People take models and all of the sorts out of other games which im sure the creators wouldnt agree with them, but as far as it goes they arnt being sold so no harm gets done, look at all the counter strike weapons etc, etc etc...

I've never been a huge fan of Counter Strike, but that's just my personal preference. I see it happen all the time, but that doesn't mean that it's not problematic. In fact, with several of the other games that I'm playing (I usually play MMOs) when someone takes content out of the game without the company's permission they can get burned pretty badly. UI modifications aren't usually a problem, but when people start taking models and sounds, the companies get really cranky. I can't speak for how problematic this is for FPS games, but for MMOs in particular it's very heavily frowned upon.

A little clarification: I'm not trying to get on my high horse here, but as I am a game designer myself (a rookie, but still a designer) I can definitely empathize with the authors of the original sound. Hell, around here if someone takes someone else's models or sound, there's a s***storm and none of this is for being done for profit. I've been reading through the mod threads for only a few months, and I've seen a couple that have become completely derailed and a few that haven't ever gotten off the ground because of people encroaching on other people's work. It's just one of those things that should be minimized as much as possible, IMO.

Im most games there's announcement that you can use any of content as far as it's 100% free. So? What's the problem because I can't see any.

[Edit]

Of course, credits must be included (an unwritten law)

Even if he ask for permission he will always hear the same:

"We agree to use our game's content for amateur work."

Ah well, even the original M24 reload sound of Arma sounds all too familiar. Might be 15 years ago, but I do remember very well this sound to be part of some Star Wars game where it was the reload sound of the imperial trooper's (the white plastic guys smile_o.gif ) rifle. Who knows who licensed this sound and what not. Meaning to say: you'll always find something to pick on if you search long enough.

VictorFarbau

IMO it's damn rude and disrespectful to just take something from someone else without giving credit and getting permission. Even worse when you claim it as your own. Sometimes it happens unintentionally, but in those cases the person should make an attempt to resolve things.

Not too long ago I got flamed by a so called "modder" for saying something similar in another forum for a different game.

Do you have any reason to imply something contrary to what you mention?

I'm not implying anything.  I am asking a question. He said he was using sounds from the Desert Combat mod of BF1942.

Plaintiff1,

the choice of the word "exhaustive implies that most if not all of the sounds used in my mod are not my own.

Your attitude stinks and if you want to cause trouble do it somewhere else.

As can be seen,i never once claimed that i made the sounds that have been mentioned.

Everybody just relax unless you want to see 80% of the addons released recalled and never released again.

Do you ppl really think that for every tank/heli/aircraft etc the addon makers have gone out and recorded there own sound for it....

Grow up,and get a life.

If i said i made everything in my mod i would cop the flak but i didnt so find a different mod community to try and destroy.

This mod was only released for non commercial,private use.There ius no problem with it.I have been modding the BF series games for along time and there has never been a problem untill now that you have started one.

Seems like a case of forum fatcats feeding on their own young.Not a great strategy for longevity....

You have earnt yourself a Ban from any and all of my threads.

Trouble makers are not welcome here.

This was supposed to be fun.......

As can be seen,i never once claimed that i made the sounds that have been mentioned.

Really?...

Quote[/b] ]A Professional Sound Modification For the game Armed Assault

By ANZAC SAS Ron And Steve.

Hi all,

We have been working on this sound mod for awhile now and have gotten to a point where we are happy to release it .

I have many years experiance in the field of sound recording etc and was very unimpressed with the "dirtyness" of the Default Arma sounds.So like in OFP, we have made our own soundpack to use....

Notice the bold.

Quote[/b] ]

Everybody just relax unless you want to see 80% of the addons released recalled and never released again.

80%? So you're accusing 80% of the mods here of ripping other people's work?

Quote[/b] ]

Do you ppl really think that for every tank/heli/aircraft etc the addon makers have gone out and recorded there own sound for it....

Well they don't all just rip them straight from other people's work.

Quote[/b] ]

This mod was only released for non commercial,private use.There ius no problem with it.

Maybe not legally a problem, but see my post above.

Quote[/b] ]Grow up,and get a life.

If i said i made everything in my mod i would cop the flak but i didnt so find a different mod community to try and destroy.

This mod was only released for non commercial,private use.There ius no problem with it.I have been modding the BF series games for along time and there has never been a problem untill now that you have started one. Seems  like a case of forum fatcats feeding on their own young.Not a great strategy for longevity....

You have earnt yourself a Ban from any and all of my threads.

Trouble makers are not welcome here.

This was supposed to be fun.......

Your attitude is the one that stinks. No need for that kind of reaction.