Sign in to follow this  
[cede]aushilfe

Suchoi Su-30 Mk[X]

ok, that's it, i'm finishing my su-25 damn it.

Never mind that nasty Russian aeroplane tat. Some of us are

still busting for your WW2 Desert stuff to come out.  smile_o.gif

OT: It's a very, very nice Sukhoi 30 addon though, if I were

heavily into Russian 'planes I'm sure I'd have to change my

underpants now.

Hehe, not a big problem, the Su-25 is half done already. The desert gear is in a state of constant retouching, being somewhat of a perfectionist that never can be.

Here we go again:

I corrected several minor optical bugs and added details to the textures and the optical system. I will try to make the letters on the panel in russian, they are tomporary in english atm.

Flaresystem is installed, needs tweaking.

PilotCockpits.jpg

LARGE VERSION

PilotLightsS.jpg

LARGE VERSION

WOPanels-1.jpg

LARGE VERSION

WOOpticsS.jpg

LARGE VERSION

WOOptics2S.jpg

LARGE VERSION

Flares.jpg

Bit disappointed that you haven't told me you were suppose to have all those goodies in...need to give you a run for your monies with your own plane then wink_o.gif

If they are Mks shouldn't the stuff be in English as they are export planes??

Whatever you do I'm not bothered as long as I have an MK[X] to fly, the pits look superb.

If they are Mks shouldn't the stuff be in English as they are export planes??

Ops, you are right... i had a look into the detailed photos of an Malysian Su-30 which has english text. I will make a skin for Malaysia and India. For the Russian and Chinese version, it would be more authentic to have the native language, but i might save that.

The aireffects and flare-system will be optional in seperate pbo´s, so you can decide if you want it or not. there will be a non-scripted version with less animations possible to use as a replacement too.

Most of the stuff are nice workarounds using a low number of animations. The version with multi-loadout was less polys than the stock A10 and uses about the same amount of animations like the stock Su-34. This addon should be performing very well and the reduced version should be even better. I have reduced the used amount of textures to the minimum. Depending on how much i will be able to do, you should see a testversion soon.

I havent heard from GodHammer for quiet a while, who was working an the amazing weapons this aircraft could carry.

I will save the final version till he is done with his stuff and i am satisfied with my textures. I am not able to create new materials for the cockpit, somehow my progs are broken. I hope i get that sorted out soon. Until then, the beta version will be good to play around with. biggrin_o.gif

Planed versions are:

Su-30MK frist Indian version (no Canards) [might be skipped, similar look like the Su-30MKM]

Su-30MKK  Chinese version  (no Canards) [two skins]

Su-30MKM  Malysian version  (no Canards)

Su-30MKI, but delivered to a pseudo Sahrani Sovjet State (with Canards)

Su-30MKI  newest Indian version (with Canards and vector-thrusting)

Aushilfe @ Oct. 26 2008,19:25)]Planed versions are:

Su-30MK frist Indian version (no Canards) [might be skipped, similar look like the Su-30MKM]

Su-30MKK  Chinese version  (no Canards) [two skins]

Su-30MKM  Malysian version  (no Canards)

Su-30MKI, but delivered to a pseudo Sahrani Sovjet State (with Canards)

Su-30MKI  newest Indian version (with Canards and vector-thrusting)

Will their performance be different depending on canards/no canards?

They should give more lift and enhance manoeuvrability than on ones without from what I've read.

Will their performance be different depending on canards/no canards?

Yeah, i need to work on the flightmodel, missing referenzes für arma makes it complicated. I dont want to create the ultimate jet, it must be in relation to the other stuff around here. But it is nearly impossible to simulate the flightphysics correct. Most differences will be made in the config, versions with canards will perform better than the ones without´em. And on top will be the late Su-30MKI with vector-thrusting.

Edit: The current setting can maneuver at the minimum speedlevel around 210 km/h with full afterburner.

Well, we went through the phase of looking for pics of the pit, now when you don't need them look what I find click tounge2.gif

From what Ive gathered with the arma engine, it will pick up on the fact you have the canards, and the performance will be different.

When I was experimenting with the Su47, (I also converted scars Su30, and Su30p for personal use) the su30P with canards performed much better than the standard su30.

I guess the only thing to make sure is it has enought thrust so it doesn't fall out the sky on sharp turns etc.

I made my conversion probably over easy to fly, was looking towards the fun side of play.

Either way very very impressive addon, very much looking forward to this. smile_o.gif

Southy

Err, the game itself hardly has means to distinguish between canards or no canards? Did you also convert the configs with exactly the same values, along with the same geolod?

Config and Geo-Lod will make the difference. The turning rate depends on how far away all mass is from the center of mass. Tweaking can be done in the config with the sensitivity values.

The only problem is, that the plane is losing a lot speed during turns which can be compensated by increasing the thrust in a certain part of the spectrum. But the Pilots need to get used to pull less than they are used to, otherwise you will crash soon. The afterburner gives you the extra punsh to fly hard maneuvers, might be reduced to make it fair.

Err, the game itself hardly has means to distinguish between canards or no canards? Did you also convert the configs with exactly the same values, along with the same geolod?

when you tell the game engine that the canards are elevators, thats how it knows.

How this is actually implemented in the game engine I've no idea, but trust me a su30 with canards will handle totally different to one without.

you can have two addons is exactly the same config, with/without canards and they don't handle the same.

I made my own changes to the config/geo lods as the opf config hardly worked in arma.

The performance is all down the the 'envelope' values you choose.

Southy

I have made the config setup for the different version of the Su-30. They perform different, depending on which capabilities they have. I am working on a Release-Candidate atm, which will go into internal testings and be published as beta for the public.

The Indian Su-30MKI with thrust vector controlling has full animations now.

Thx to Franze for granting me permission to use his flare scripts, i made a custom drop of the flares, you can see it in the video.

The Gsh-301 is using custom ammunition with 50% more dammage now. (BIS 25mm for the harrier makes 2.5 times more dammage than the 30mm bullet?!?! i took a more realistic value). Flashanimation of the gun is added, but the material needs tweaking to make it more visiable at daylight.

The animated gunner optics are enlighted at night.

This is really shaping up to be my favourite addon of ArmA ^_^ Franze will be disappointed his addon has moved to 2nd favourite.

The animations for the TV pipes looknice and smooth too, nice work again.

whaaaa nice!

And I say that rarely.

You and RKSL have just set new standards for my Su-25.

Good job on the animated nozzles.

crazy_o.gif whoa, the first turn in the video... the pilot must be pulling at least 20Gs there! smile_o.gif

It should be quite possible to add a new script to the FX suite such that the "vectoring" of nozzles actually changes the flight dynamics, i.e. tighter turns etc.

Nice work BTW.

OMFG, FULL(F-22 has limited TVC) TVC in arma O.O  wow_o.gif

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Did i said you rock? thumbs-up.gif