Sign in to follow this  
the_bengine

The new Arma2.com site....

Yep, Very nice design. Well laid out. wink_o.gif

Whats with the Classified topics?

<span id='ME'><center>Pavehawk Is Stumped</center></span>

You can quote them and it'll show the code.  smile_o.gif

<span id='ME'><center>Praelium testing</center></span>

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[me=Praelium]testing[/me]

Oh right..you could do that couldn't you...*puts on dunce cap and grabs the stool, then faces corner* My what sharp corner..I see they correctly used U in oxygen.. (okay I think thats enough off topicness from me)

When it talks about 73 weapons in the slideshow on the Headquarters page it has material spelled as 'materiel'. It is however spelled correctly on one of the other slides about unrivaled realism. Just thought i'd point that out.

I like the site although im some what disappointed because I was hoping for something a bit more on the "New Screenshots!" or "New Ingame Trailer!" side of things. But I can live with this for now and i'll keep checking back.

EDIT: Perhaps I stand corrected. There appears to be a few new screenshots under 'Team Razor' on the Photography page after hitting read more.

That's not a spelling error. smile_o.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materiel

Fair enough. I originally didn't think that it was wrong but then I saw material written somewhere else on the page and assumed they made a minor mistake. My bad though.

Yes but how I mean, I'v never seen that before >.>

I discovered that while I was looking for the code for smaller writing wink_o.gif

Site looks good, i like it. There really isn't any information on the site than an avid ArmA2 fan wouldn't already know, but still, it's nice to have it all in one place. smile_o.gif

One thing I've noticed in "Briefing" tab:

Authentic weapon simulation

"Bullet ballistics and deflection, material penetration, real-world magazine capacity, tracers, ammunition types and stopping power."

I don't remember anyone mentioning officially (from BIS) that there would be reload/weapon animations, so i guess we can consider this official, no animations?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not suggesting or demanding (or whining wink_o.gif), just asking.

I won't be dissaponited if they're not in the game, but i'd be pleasently surprised if they were, so i guess it's a win-win situation for me. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I don't remember anyone mentioning officially (from BIS) that there would be reload/weapon animations

You mean specific animation for each weapon ? Because there obviously will be reload animation, including reloading while moving.

Im sure the whole excitement over the website launch was the prospect of new information, still...nice to look at thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]I don't remember anyone mentioning officially (from BIS) that there would be reload/weapon animations

You mean specific animation for each weapon ? Because there obviously will be reload animation, including reloading while moving.

Animations for each weapon (moving parts of the weapon), AND reloading animations for each weapon (made by soldier), that's what i mean ( i know my english is horrible tounge2.gif )

Did you see those animations in armabase.de videos, or was it confirmed by official channels? I didn't download the videos yet, so i can go along with just the information i know...and i didn't read anywhere that BIS confirmed those animations.

As i said, i couldn't care less for these animations (yeah, right tounge2.gif ), but if those were in the game, i would be more than pleased. xmas_o.gif

"real-world magazine capacity"

an unrivaled feat in the combat realism industry. hurry up, bis, you better patent it!

Animations for each weapon (moving parts of the weapon),  AND reloading animations for each weapon (made by soldier), that's what i mean ( i know my english is horrible tounge2.gif )

In this screenshot from the official site, you can see an M240 open and reloading.

http://www.arma2.com/images/stories/gallery/ArmA2_Ingame-25.jpg

I don't know how far they're taking weapon reload animations (I'm not sure bolt action rifles will have, say, individual bullets loaded into the chamber), but this is certainly a marked improvement over arma.

Yep, The_Captain, i saw that screenshot, but i wanted some "hard" evidence.

Yesterday I finnaly downloaded videos 1 & 2, and in the second video there's reloading while moving and even a reloading animation, if i saw it correctly.

Never mind animations, although good for immersion, they are still just eye-candy IMO.

But reloading while moving is a big step forward, considering gameplay.  smile_o.gif

EDIT:

I will take further discussion about GC videos to the appropriate thread, since i was constantly OFFTOPIC wink_o.gif

I got the issue with language on www.arma2.com page

News

General news about ARMA 2 game by Bohemia Interactive

Quote[/b] ]Nové stránky ARMA 2 v provozu

Latest News

Poniedziałek, 01 Wrzesień 2008 15:45

The new ARMA2 website is live! Check out the collection of new ArmA 2 info, then bookmark this site marine!

We'll be updating it regularly with a constant stream of propaganda, intel and in-depth looks at the technology and features that make ArmA 2 unique. Don't miss out!

As you can see title is in czech's. date and time in polish and content in english smile_o.gif

I'm using Win XP (polish version) and Google Chrome

i was thinking its going to be funny standing and reloading sometimes and then realizing you could have walked and reloaded biggrin_o.gif